Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

TheresaJayne posted:

Because i am not a kid and someone old enough to be some of the 5-6 year olds that play minecrafts grandmother is not the sort of person who engenders knowledge to these youngsters

You. I like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

How are people still complaining about channels? Besides the fact that they're a neat mechanic that's fun to play around with, you've been able to disable them in the config for ages. If you don't like them it really is that simple.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

Of course with a server all you have to do is make a kit that gives you the presses.

And a lot of people don't know that you can copy presses by putting them in the inscriber with a block of iron,.

The AE2 changes (except the meteors ) make a lot of sense
I generally don't have a problem with the network topology stuff and do kind of like the design consideration behind it. It does scratch an itch. The meteor/press process is what screwed everything up.

quote:

The controller is not needed for starter simple networks (max 8 devices) you can just throw down an Energy Acceptor, ME Drive, Glass Cable (fluix) and a terminal to get a functioning network. You can also add an import bus pointing to a chest so you dump stuff in the chest and pow it is in the network.
I had thought that was spiffy when it was first explained to me, but I end up needing presses to even make the basic network, and don't I need charged quartz? The end result is something that I should be able to set up earlier in AE2 than in AE1 winds up taking even longer.

quote:

As for crystal growth, i usually go to a puddle, throw in 3 stacks of redstone, 3 stacks of nether quartz and 3 stacks of charged certus quartz (Ender quarry is nice for getting resources) to get 6 stacks of fluix.
Then i make Clay blocks and sag mill them for silicon and then set up a hopper into the left of the inscriber to do 5 stacks of silicon / logic / calculation with probably only 1 stack of engineering( diamonds are still rare)
This is also fine once one has all those resources. In the early game, waiting for a crystal in unaccelerated pools adds something like 6 hours to getting started. Within about 2 hours of a modded game that doesn't have crazy oregen, I'm kind of hurting for AE2 at least for the storage.

quote:

once you have those its easy to get more storage etc so not a problem really.
A lot of mods, in the name of balance, make acquiring their items contingent on not actually needing them due to already being far along. When they make some kind of allowance, it's usually a time grind. Meteor hunting could be less of a fuss if using the compass was more precise, it did not require charged quartz, and the meteor stone could be easily and quickly mined. They could throw in some charged quartz for that matter. If that were the case, I could actually get the starter network earlier.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You shouldn't be waiting on crystal seeds for the early game. That's more for efficiency's sake than for the normal process of getting started in AE2. Once you're worried about that you'd have the resources to blow on the accelerators, as evidenced by it requiring fluix blocks versus the basic resources.

Though I wouldn't turn down something like redstone + certus = charged quartz in a pool of water and have the charger as a machine of efficiency.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Doesn't the ME Controller require a pure crystsal of some variety? I know the calculation processors do.

The simplest solution is to use AE2's own recipe editing and/or minetweaker to remove the requirement for pure crystals altogether, and maybe also add a crafting recipe for the different presses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
New thread over yonder because this one is 414 pages. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718099&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post444939763

• Locked thread