Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cock hero flux posted:

Geistform was a hell of a lot stronger when it grew exponentially. If you managed to survive a few turns you'd be hitting every enemy on the map with hundreds of stacks of freeze, so 10 speed didn't matter. Now, I'm not sure how to make it work generally. It's still very strong with a couple of specific prestige classes(most notable that one that applies Paralysis) but it no longer fits well with any general build.

It sure was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Nice inspiration on all the mono element challenges, I’ll see what i can pull off soon.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Can someone explain to me the numbers in Astral Ascent? I just started playing it.
What is the 20%, the 10%, the 6 and the 159?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'd never actually heard of Witchfire before it was mentioned here and I realized it's on EGS. It'll be an uphill battle to get eyes on their game but I wish them the best of luck.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Runa posted:

I'd never actually heard of Witchfire before it was mentioned here and I realized it's on EGS. It'll be an uphill battle to get eyes on their game but I wish them the best of luck.

Apparently it's coming to Steam when the early access ends in about 6-12 months.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

Can someone explain to me the numbers in Astral Ascent? I just started playing it.

The 20/10 is spell level bonus and 'how many gambits of the same element as that spell you've socketed' bonus - leveling a spell raises its damage, socketing same element gambits raises damage as well. Note that spell level has more impact (and goes higher) so you don't have to obsess over matching perfectly, just do it when and where you can and it makes sense

I'm not sure about the last two, those look new for this update and I haven't played it, I'm assuming one is something to do with damage but I'm not sure about the other.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1098610/Crush_the_Industry/

was just going to post this in genchat but then I noticed it's a ROGUELIKE DECKBUILDER and has a slay the spire map so it belongs here

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
New Roboquest update, 9 new weapons, a Rarity-upgrade vendor so you can keep adding affixes to a weapon and a new firing range/testing area:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/692890/view/4202495492893485778

Runa posted:

I think it's actually pretty smart, a lot of people won't even know it exists by the time it releases on Steam so you benefit from feeling like a new release once your game is polished enough. That is, only if they plan to release on Steam in the first place. :v:

Turin Turambar posted:

To add to what victrix said, 6 is the amount of times it hits, 159 is the damage it does on average

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

victrix posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1098610/Crush_the_Industry/

was just going to post this in genchat but then I noticed it's a ROGUELIKE DECKBUILDER and has a slay the spire map so it belongs here

I'm fairly tired of the genre but this does look cute, will check it out.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Got access to ANTS TOOK MY EYEBALL a Finnish 2D roguelite platformer that's launching on the 19th. Only had time to play a few runs, but it's pretty neat so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Ued2L6bN0

It's the timeless story of a man trying to get his eyeball back from an ant nest, by murdering a shitload of ants and bugs with inventive weapons and trinkets.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Another day, another Achra patch, another new character option. A new culture this time

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wafflecopper posted:

Got it, just! Used two divine interventions against the final boss and killed him with about 500 hp and one DI left. Maybe I should have stuck with the shield off-hand - I ended up dual wielding Ice Staff and Star Staff, but perhaps the missing block is why the boss fight was such a near thing. I think you're right about Geistform, I've taken it on previous attempts and just ate poo poo every time. I'm guessing you never found a Kairos Skirt? Seems like a slam pick. Or did you prefer having another element in your damage mix?

I don't think I found a Kairos Skirt.

Wafflecopper posted:

Another day, another Achra patch, another new character option. A new culture this time

been playing with this a bit, trying in monofire builds. seems like there's some fun potential here.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Cycle 24 down with the new culture

Honestly not at all convinced that the game gets harder at higher cycles. If anything it gets easier since the faster level ups mean you get your build online much faster. Definitely more fun though!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

Cycle 24 down with the new culture

Honestly not at all convinced that the game gets harder at higher cycles. If anything it gets easier since the faster level ups mean you get your build online much faster. Definitely more fun though!

It gets more forgiving of builds with slow starts since you can probably cobble together enough of what you need very early, but far less forgiving of builds that are just ultimately not very strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cock hero flux posted:

It gets more forgiving of builds with slow starts since you can probably cobble together enough of what you need very early, but far less forgiving of builds that are just ultimately not very strong

Agreed, you can can get any bizarre thing off the ground but if it doesn’t scale hard it’s very tough going