Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I can't do my job because it got sucked into a blackhole. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
I was a security officer (not the one dying in QM) this round. What happened is an admin spawned a singularity bomb in Genetics, and every assistant and scientist came to try activate it. I tried to confiscate it, yelling at people to step away from the bomb, but someone managed to set it off in the medbay hallway. Captain and some security officers got sucked in. Me and Pinata, I think, went on to die to a sleepypen of initrobeedril. The killer then penned someone else, who was also a traitor with a sleepypen. They both died. Somehow through all this, Genetics survived completely unscathed.

Seeing what went on in QM, this really was a round of criminal incompetence. A good round.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Admiral Funk posted:

That's a job on a buncha non goon servers.

Indeed it is!
And they don't even do metroids anymore, it's changed to breeding chokobos 'slimes' in order to get the right breed 'color'.
A shame it isn't in the Goon servers, though, as I'd love to see what the more... 'Creative' players did with it, especially stuff like chemicals that can turn you into a slime (or a rarer one that turns you into a slime-person), and various ways to make slimes more or less hostile (and with even small amounts of lag, a group of two or more slimes is practically invincible to any but the most prepared anti-slime combatants)

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

They got rid of the metroids!?

That's unnaturally saddening. :smith:

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
Real talk though the slimes are probably my favorite thing that they have that we don't. It's like botany but interesting!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Clearly we need space bee breeding.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

This has to be your funniest episode yet! The start was great with the radio chatter growing ever more dire, and I completely lost it at the struggle for survival afterwards.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

It's also a good reminder that Razage is really bad at paying attention to the chat. I'd have gotten the hell out of dodge at the mention of people loving with a singularity bomb thirty feet to my left.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
That's the fun of building tension, it's like when a movie foreshadows or straight up shows you an ambush or bomb hidden somewhere that the protagonists have no idea about.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Materant posted:

It's also a good reminder that Razage is really bad at paying attention to the chat. I'd have gotten the hell out of dodge at the mention of people loving with a singularity bomb thirty feet to my left.

Reading sucks and is for wussies and land lubbers.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I wonder if they actually cared about Robotics getting swallowed or if they feigned worry that the bomb was too far to the right.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
They set off a black hole bomb in the middle of the station, I doubt they were earnestly concerned about collateral damage.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Feinne posted:

They set off a black hole bomb in the middle of the station, I doubt they were earnestly concerned about collateral damage.

I doubt whether they were concerned about any damage..

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Steelpudding posted:

I doubt whether they were concerned about any damage..

Au contraire, they were conserned about all damage. Causing it that is.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
The people that tend to find bombs of any sort usually don't give a poo poo (myself included). This same phenomenon is usually why it's fun to chuck artifacts in the halls. People will put their grubby hands all over them and drat the consequences.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Also does that singularity bomb look like a comical skull? Because that's awesome.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I still think it's hilarious to imagine someone happily working on a new bot while everyone on their headset is screaming about a black hole, I dunno about y'all

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

tlarn posted:

I still think it's hilarious to imagine someone happily working on a new bot while everyone on their headset is screaming about a black hole, I dunno about y'all

I can imagine it if it's a stepford wife with a deathwish.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

tlarn posted:

There's a video on the old station by PlumpHelmet where it's an alien round and near the end he notices that one of the botanists had barricaded himself in a room and been growing weed the entire round while the rest of the station fought and died against the aliens.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Sindai posted:

There's a video on the old station by PlumpHelmet where it's an alien round and near the end he notices that one of the botanists had barricaded himself in a room and been growing weed the entire round while the rest of the station fought and died against the aliens.

I want this to be a movie.

e. Link to video? I kinda wanna see it.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 15, 2015

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Feinne posted:

Also does that singularity bomb look like a comical skull? Because that's awesome.

Nah, that was just a skull. The bomb was the little doohicky dead middle of the shuttle.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6jUjU3s4Pw New video up.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

You people are too quick. I just started that upload before work and was just coming now to post the link.

A Shocking Change

All the exploding you hear later in the round is people getting killed by air locks.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Hijack the shuttle by escaping alone. Success.

Not something you see every day. Well done, whoever that was.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Razage posted:

You people are too quick. I just started that upload before work and was just coming now to post the link.

A Shocking Change

All the exploding you hear later in the round is people getting killed by air locks.

This was one of my favorite updates so far.. How lucky that you got to use that hellburned engine for something useful.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Montegoraon posted:

Hijack the shuttle by escaping alone. Success.

Not something you see every day. Well done, whoever that was.

They must have been prepared, they're also lucky I didn't manage to get down there to seal up the escape arm some more.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Oh boy, another chemistry episode is planned? Watching you mess up basic stuff and possibly exploding is the best :allears:

And remember, chlorine trifluoride is one chlorine for every three fluoride:eng101:

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Nalesh posted:

Oh boy, another chemistry episode is planned? Watching you mess up basic stuff and possibly exploding is the best :allears:

And remember, chlorine trifluoride is one chlorine for every three fluoride:eng101:

Chemistry episodes are hard to do because I don't have a second monitor to look up recipes with so I have to use my tablet or something to have access to my list. I'll see what I can rig up, maybe I just need to copy a few onto some paper and use that.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Didn't someone make a google docs spreadsheet a few months ago? if that's still being updated you could probably just have that on your tablet.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
SS13 Public Spoilder V3

Always taking suggestions for new stuff to include. Biggest changes from version 2 are splitting the cocktail and food chem reactions to their own tab, and all the genetics revamp details.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Valiantly struggling away from a black hole was really fun to watch. I guess the problem is that a lot of the time when you kiss the edge of death you just die, even though a survivor story is great to follow.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Glazius posted:

Valiantly struggling away from a black hole was really fun to watch. I guess the problem is that a lot of the time when you kiss the edge of death you just die, even though a survivor story is great to follow.

But there's always something to be said for a good death.

Such as today, when a traitorous scientist decided to burn the HoP to death in toxins, by stunning him, taking his card and locking him into the gas storage room. Our intrepid scientist then opened the valve on a canister containing still-burning bombmix, hoping to make it out of the room before it got set ablaze.

Unfortunately for him, the heat from the gas ignited a nearby fuel canister, detonating it and sending both the HoP and traitor to the ground, the searing hot bombgas rapidly overtaking them. With a loud alarm the firelocks triggered and swiftly sealed both scientist and HoP into the flaming toxins, and a struggle erupted between the two burning men. First for a fire extinguisher, then for a crowbar. The struggling quickly met an end, however, as both men succumbed to their injuries.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Spy_Guy posted:

That's like, a metaphor for the human condition. :wow:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Spy_Guy posted:

Such as today, when a traitorous scientist decided to burn the HoP to death in toxins, by stunning him, taking his card and locking him into the gas storage room. Our intrepid scientist then opened the valve on a canister containing still-burning bombmix, hoping to make it out of the room before it got set ablaze.

Unfortunately for him, the heat from the gas ignited a nearby fuel canister, detonating it and sending both the HoP and traitor to the ground, the searing hot bombgas rapidly overtaking them. With a loud alarm the firelocks triggered and swiftly sealed both scientist and HoP into the flaming toxins, and a struggle erupted between the two burning men. First for a fire extinguisher, then for a crowbar. The struggling quickly met an end, however, as both men succumbed to their injuries.

Best part? It was in toxins. No one gave a poo poo. Toxins is always on fire.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Skunkrocker posted:

Best part? It was in toxins. No one gave a poo poo. Toxins is always on fire.

Poor Toxins.

So I've been trying to record episodes but it seems there's something weird going on where the graphic side of the client stops updating for some reason, it just freezes and if I reconnect it's a black screen. I've not had a lot of time to trouble shoot it but when I get it figured out I'll drop some updates.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Hit it with a wrench twice, then use a blowtorch on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

maybe try doing a full reinstall of the client?

• Locked thread