Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

There's no date given, but there was a post on the stuff they were working on last month.

http://endlessfluff.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/valdis-story-update/

This is mostly a two-person team though, so I wouldn't hold my breath for an update coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I'll certainly poke at the game again when there's an update. Definitely up for more 2d punching things in the face.

Was toying with semi-speedruns before, but got sucked into the dark souls vortex.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
I really wish they'd fix some of the more stupid design decisions, like the severe lack of quicktravel/warp points, spells that double as exploration aids which results in stuff like a ridiculously convoluted double jump and controls resetting to neutral when you switch screens.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I just wish they hadn't broken all of the cheat engine tables so that I wouldn't have to gently caress with all of those dumb timed puzzles. I hate those things, and eventually having progress locked behind them made me give up on the game.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Decided to start playing this again, did sorta OK as the rest of the endgame as Wyatt but wasn't ultimately having all that much fun and I wasn't really thinking where to put various limited upgrades outside of spell elements since the game doesn't really bother to make clear how many of the various upgrades (weapon trees, spells, armors) are ultimately limited.

However, after starting a new game on Hard as Reina and abusing the hell out of her Reckoning status aliment and putting all her points in AGI since a lot of her skills and basic gameplay both benefit from that, I'm murdering bosses left and right with S-ranks, although I'm kinda making it a point to retry a lot since I missed out on some skill points in Wyatt's game. Haven't gotten any of her additional weapons yet, the staff is stupid good from what I understand and the totem sounds like it could useful.

Apparently the update for Vladyn might be close by based on what the music composer said in another Steam thread but it remains to be seen.

One thing I'd like to add to the above list of grievances in my previous post is that the game isn't quite as specific when it comes to explaining what various bonuses do at times as I'd like it to be, especially considering the heavy focus on picking a playstyle and sticking to it for best results: it'd be nice to know exactly how much my damage increases per hit with bigger combos, how much higher combo ranks increase critical hit chance and exactly how much each skill that claims to increase critical hit damage increases it by and so forth. Sure, that stuff is usually reserved for guides but there's not much in the way of any at the moment and it'd be nice to have something to go on.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 1, 2014

• Locked thread