Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Hulk-Busting
"ICE CREAM?" Hulk considers the offer for a moment, before angrily shaking his head. "IS A TRICK! ALL OF YOU LEAVE HULK ALONE!"

He looks around, as if seeking somewhere to escape to, and with a certain inevitability his gaze alights on Odin's palace.

"HULK TAKE BIG HOUSE. HULK HAVE BIGGEST HOUSE OF ALL!"

Hulk resists with 18 with a d12, two opportunities. But because he's acting as a large-scale threat right now that just knocks another d10 off the Doom Pool. (Get it down to 2 or fewer dice and he'll stop.)

Go Ronan! Finish up the round.

Giant-Slaying
For all her disdain for the form, Galacta is a lightning-quick and efficient hand-to-hand combatant - she is among the giants in a heartbeat, cleaving about her and scattering their defensive formation in a blur of purple-on-blue.

Their morale (and a few limbs) broken, the giants are easy prey for Mysterio's sonic illusion. The thought that Thor might also be among them causes them to break and run, fleeing into the fortress and forgetting to close any of the doors behind them.

For a moment everything is quiet save for the groaning of the giants too wounded to flee, then something... expresses from within the fortress. It might technically be a sound, but it arrives in the mind more like a singular expression of hatred. To Gali's cosmic senses it bears the taste of sorcery.

Sounds like the boss is awake.

Giants defend vs Gali: 15 with a d10.

They resist Mysterio with 12 with a d10, which brings them so close to defeat (Team 1d10, d10 stress) that I'm going to sweep them off the board anyway.

Doom: 1d6 + 2d8 + 4d12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ronan the Hulkbuster
Team D6, 2 PP, 5 XP

As he weaves out of the way of the Hulk's makeshift club, Ronan exlaims, "Enough! "You shall have no 'icing cream,' whatever that is. You shall have only Kree justice!"

Again, he exerts his will through the Universal Weapon, attacking the gamma particles in the Hulk's blood. "Revert to your tiny human form!"

OOC: Let's see if Ronan can make a dent.

D6 Team + D8 You Stand Accused! + D8 Enhanced Reflexes + 2D10 Cosmic Mastery (Unleashed SFX)+ 6D6 Area Attack** + D8 Cosmic Expert + D8 Helpful Asgardians + D8 Gamma Containment Field Stunt + D12 Emotional Stress
Seriously Hulk power down already: 1d12 2 2#1d10 5 9 5#1d8 2 3 6 1 5 7#1d6 6 4 3 5 2 5 1

21 with D12 and D10 effect after spending 1 PP! Also two opportunities.

** I'm not sure if that was the right amount of dice for that.

Tagging Thor to go next! Oh, also, I should get 3 XP for using the Universal Weapon power stunt last move, which brings me up to 8 XP.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mysterio
Buddy d6, No Stress, 1 PP, 9 XP

Mysterio is in mid-fist pump when the fortress makes an unnerving sound. At least, he thinks it's a sound. The potential new threat grounds the illusionist for a moment, reminding him of a rather important question. "Wait, why am I even here again? I would really like an answer to that right about now. Also, I would like to go home now, space is weird.."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Galacta, Hungry in Asgard
30 xp, 3 pp

There's a moment as Galacta brings up the sword before her as a makeshift utensil, and it glows purple-white as she tries to absorb the last hints of life in them like a twisted fantasy character, shifting them up towards the same shade cosmic energy. It's not enough to sate her, but it in theory will at least keep her in health.

Looking to spend a plot point and use the opportunity on the giants' defense to do away with Cosmic Hunger for now.

Galacta's sword glows, making a loud crackling sound as it cleans itself. "Not bad!", she says, finally acknowledging Mysterio. "Granted, you work with energy like a cosmiceqsue Jackson Pollack, but you haven't self-detonated, which is pro for a hominid. Also, nice helmet." She flicks the blade aside, letting it float in midair as she looks over to the destruction.

Glancing back to the castle, she squints, floating up. She may as well present herself as the chief target of whatever's coming. "Oh, yay, an embodied emotional standpoint, magic is just great. Did you know some think these realms were built akin to a preserve to keep it away from the rest of the universe? Yeah, that worked out.", she goes on. She may have acknowledged Mysterio's presence, but she seems more content to talk at him rather than with him.

• Locked thread