Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I genuinely love the Apollo Justice game and it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah is AA6 any less trivial

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't say that I imagine anyone having too much trouble with AA6 but it depends. I figured out basically every case long before they were finished but at least one of that is because I've played so much AA that I was able to figure out the incredibly convoluted series-specific twists

One thing I will note is that the game is a lot more compact. This may be a plus or minus but the trials tend to be... not shorter but more compressed.

There is no case in the game that has more than one trial and one investigation. There are a couple of chapters that have two trials in the same chapter (and one which is technically part of the previous trial too) but even then you never go beyond Day 2. There's one non-tutorial trial which has no investigation period at all.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 5, 2016

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I genuinely love the Apollo Justice game and it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.

I don't think you've seen that video often enough so let's watch it ag-

More seriously, I actually agree with you. I like morose Ema, I like Klavier, I like that idiot student in case 2 and hobo Nick is a glorious bastard.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

There is no case in the game that has more than one trial and one investigation. There are a couple of chapters that have two trials in the same chapter (and one which is technically part of the previous trial too) but even then you never go beyond Day 2. There's one non-tutorial trial which has no investigation period at all.

I've always far preferred trials to the puttering around that comprises much of the investigation portion of the series, so this is fine by me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I can't say that I imagine anyone having too much trouble with AA6 but it depends. I figured out basically every case long before they were finished but at least one of that is because I've played so much AA that I was able to figure out the incredibly convoluted series-specific twists

One thing I will note is that the game is a lot more compact. This may be a plus or minus but the trials tend to be... not shorter but more compressed.

DD was similar wasn't it? Not a single case goes past day 2, then again I think AA2 was the last game to have a day 3. So it's not too surprising I suppose.

Edit: Also, now that I think about it AA3 also had a case with no investigation segment. So I guess that's not entirely new either.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 5, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

DD was similar wasn't it? Not a single case goes past day 2, then again I think AA2 was the last game to have a day 3. So it's not too surprising I suppose.

Yeah, it's somewhat similar to DD but even more compressed basically. (Or at least it feels that way to me, YMMV.) I'm not sure it's inherently a negative though for the reasons Motto said above. I think it depends on what you're looking for.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Actually, AA1 was the only game that had three day trials.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Actually, AA1 was the only game that had three day trials.

2-4 doesn't get to day 3? Huh.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Really? Even the last one, before well into the trial? I certainly figured out some important plot details before the game wanted me to, but the sheer insanity of the exact details of that murder managed to take me by surprise.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

orenronen posted:

Really? Even the last one, before well into the trial? I certainly figured out some important plot details before the game wanted me to, but the sheer insanity of the exact details of that murder managed to take me by surprise.

Edit: Honestly, for safety reasons, I'm obscuring this further.

Yeah. There's a hint dropped early on which I figured out and once you figure out that one hint the rest of the case kind of falls into place.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 5, 2016

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

orenronen posted:

The exact details are one thing but I had the gist of the last trial before it began, aside from maybe one or two big issues that are addressed early on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This thread is fine.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Dual Destinies is a good game because it's the only game in the series where I learned how to finish cases 4 and 5 without looking up the answers. So I felt very accomplished and it was a really cool feeling

lol

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

How many cases are there in AAI2. Is it 4 or 5? I'm finishing up case 2 currently, and I'm wondering how long it'll be til I finish up the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
They're all pretty long, too, but so drat good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Does the new game come out tonight?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Does the new game come out tonight?

Tomorrow at noon EST.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

hopeandjoy posted:

Tomorrow at noon EST.

Dang, was keeping as blind as possible, apparently extending to it's release.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I got really excited when today was Sept 8.

and then i remembered that i'm no longer in hawaii's time zone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There can't be many places left where it's not 8th now

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

And yet the theoretically ahead still have to wait until the ninth, and I'm not exactly expecting it to be midnight. :sigh:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

There can't be many places left where it's not 8th now

Hello from Hawaii.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh this is coming out. Who needs sleep anyway!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
So wait is it noon EST today or not?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Download's available in NA now.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dogen posted:

So wait is it noon EST today or not?

Yeah it was noon est for north america. Game is up

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm downloading AA6 right now! :)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Guys we have a Spirit of Justice thread!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's right here!

Possibly my fault for not making it clear what the first link was.

• Locked thread