Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

shades of eternity posted:

I'm on another creative tear

don't know where it's heading, but posting for the entertainment of all.

Posting my northern African Necromatic kingdom for entertainment and feedback. https://hodgepocalypse.com/2023/10/hodgepocalypse-africa-part-4-salted.html%85 #africa, #drevrpg, #apocalypse #dnd5e, #necromancy, #tunisia

Do you have a complete list of the Hodgepocalypse stuff? It looks fascinating, but your entries are really hard to navigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Do you have a complete list of the Hodgepocalypse stuff? It looks fascinating, but your entries are really hard to navigate.

alrighty

Main book
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/297793/HodgepocalypseC-Dark-Revelations--The-RolePlaying-Game

Book of Danger - aka the monster manual.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/425906/Hodgepocalypse-C---Monster-Manual--Book-of-Danger--Drev002

Hodgepocalypse: Nightmare at the Museum - con game done by my good friend Joe Amon
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/387229/Hodgepocalypse-Nightmare-at-the-Museum

now the secret material that's undergoing development;

We have this con game we're using for networking and fun called "The Milk Snake run" where you play members of the boreal buccaneers on a train, where corpseman (industrialized undead) try to stop you from getting to the peace meeting with the Cattle Baroness

This is meant to be an introduction to "Little Mound on the Prairie" - a low level adventure where you end up in the surviving town in Bruce alberta where tensions between Cowboys and Land Pirates are running deep.

looking for players to game test both.

it is meant to be a starter adventure that will go into...

Pumping Auto: an adventure where the party gets to build a vehicle in a manner that combines dungeonhack and junkyard wars and then race and duel
against competators.

Which goes into

Relic Roadshow: A roadtrip aventure where you need to hit the giants of the prairie and activate them before the summer solcise. Each Giant of the Prairie is guarded by one of the 8 babas of power!

Then some source books into development.

The Book of Arrogance, aka the psychic book, is another done book that's is undergoing polish.

The Book of Progress, aka the robot book, is written, but needs testing.

I have a second monster manual, dubbed "monster manual 2, psychic boogaloo and machines too" where I fill with monsters that aren't in book of danger.

I also have a more urban adventure called "the great mall at the edge of the city" which is a starting adventure where you have to deal with the various factions of the giant dystopian automated ai mall.

On the blog are a bunch of half baked ideas that I write mainly for fun.

https://www.hodgepocalypse.com

In particular, I did a brainstorm of South America and now Africa so if you use those search parameters, you'll see my handiwork.

here is the site map

https://www.hodgepocalypse.com/p/site-map-for-stuff.html

Some of the stuff was for 3e, but we're mostly working with our 5e homebrew now.

I will try to update it as time progresses.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

I'm more then happy to show you any of this material, but I'll try to curb my enthusiasm. I have written a lot. :D

shades of eternity fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 22, 2023

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

It's taken me three damned years, but... it's done. I've finally managed to get a system built from the ground up, playtested it, edited, and got it up onto drivethru. I've been fighting to get the manuscript to a point where a hard copy would work and... it's done.

Aristocracy is a low crunch system that emphasises flexible character builds, unpredictable pulpy conflicts, and adaptability to most settings.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459027/Aristocracy

Now I need to actually work out how to market the bastard. If anyone has any advice or tales of woe, I'd love to hear them!

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

IshmaelZarkov posted:

It's taken me three damned years, but... it's done. I've finally managed to get a system built from the ground up, playtested it, edited, and got it up onto drivethru. I've been fighting to get the manuscript to a point where a hard copy would work and... it's done.

Aristocracy is a low crunch system that emphasises flexible character builds, unpredictable pulpy conflicts, and adaptability to most settings.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459027/Aristocracy

Now I need to actually work out how to market the bastard. If anyone has any advice or tales of woe, I'd love to hear them!

First of all: Good job!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Making a lot of progress on my cooperative card game, but currently struggling with something.

Quick rundown; its a star-trek inspired game, where you battle against missions that keep generating new problems from a deck of cards. After you complete a mission, you improve your deck by buying new cards and (optionally) getting rid of other cards from your deck to make it better, and hopefully combo with other player's decks.

The issue is how to level up. There are three classes that you can choose from; Sciences, Command, and Security, and all the cards you would select are one of those three. There are also two ranks for each of the classes; Ensign and Lieutenant (the idea being partway through a campaign you'd get promoted and gain access to a new set of better cards).

I don't want downtime between missions to take forever as people choose new cards, and I don't want newbies to be stuck with choice paralysis as they have to read and understand a heap of cards to choose from. Originally, I had each Class and each rank in a separate deck, but from previous testing it is very tedious to sort out six separate decks of cards (seven if you include starting cards). Now I'm thinking of having two decks at most; all three classes of one rank, all three classes of the other rank, shuffled together. I would like players to gain about 2 cards per mission completed, maybe three, and have something that encourages people to choose from their class but not make it mandatory.

The ideas I've had so far are:
-Place 3-4 cards per player into the center of the board, players take turns taking from the central pile. You'd be allowed to take one of your class and one of any class. This seems the most likely to give players good choice, but potentially runs into the issue of paralysis when someone suddenly has to read a dozen new cards.
-Place a set number of cards in the center, 5-7, players take turns taking from the central pile, every time you take one a new card is flipped into the space (I think Ascension refills its board in a similar way). I think I like this the most, but I don't love it.
-Each player is dealt 4-5 cards, they choose one of their class and one of any class from their hand. This would be faster, but doesn't give amazing amount of choice, and could have situations where players draw cards and none of them are their class, limiting their choice.
-Each player is dealt 4-5 as above, doing a draft-style event. Take one card from this dealt hand, pass it to the player on your left, take one card from this new hand. More choice this way, and since it's cooperative people can coordinate which ones they want.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Draw 5 and keep 1, discard the rest to the center and everyone takes 1 more from the center?

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Finally I had the time and energy to convert my self-written hex wargame into something I wanted to enter into gamecrafter. Turns out they don't do maps 22"x34". poo poo.
Now I have to either work on a half/half map solution, or find another way/solution for an all in one indie board game making plattform.

But in other news, my current project about the Hundred Years War nears writing completion and the artists have begun drawing needed maps. Now if only Osprey
mailed back like they promised on their facebook page, I might have even had access to more than just historical pictures -_-

Yay, progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Hi everyone, just wanted to post this TTRPG I wrote for some critique and comments. I'm much more of an artist/designer than a writer, so I'll let the overview I wrote for the game do the talking:

quote:

Pan-­Oceanic is a tabletop roleplaying game for a Game Master (or GM) and two to five Players. It takes inspiration from such films as Leviathan, DeepStar Six, Alien, and The Abyss, among others. The game is meant to be easy to pick up and play, needing one session to complete. Materials required for play are six six-­sided dice, pencils, and paper.

The world of the Pan-­Oceanic takes place in a retro-­futurist 2140. Rising sea levels have caused humanity to look to the sea beds for resources, giving rise to the monolithic Pan-­Oceanic Corporation. Monopolizing deep-sea extraction, they operate mining rigs in all of the world's oceans and wield enormous power in government.

In the game, players act as employees of Pan-­Oceanic, exploring and trying to survive as the underwater mining facility they work in is crumbling and/or being destroyed around them. It is a game of survival, corporate greed, and the strength through adversity that bonds all of us together.

Using their wits and ingenuity to survive, the players must find a way off the facility or else find themselves trapped in a watery tomb.

Here's a google drive link to the PDF:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-sgZWPqse178jrK9nqbz93FJ1oBfvgnN/view?usp=sharing

This is my first attempt at writing an RPG and will greatly appreciate your thoughts and feelings about it. Thank you!