Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

The Lord Bude posted:

He's wasted on Bones. It was a good show once, but like House by the time it finished, it should have been allowed to reach a dignified conclusion years ago. The finder was better, and they canned it after a season (of episodes screened out of order throwing recurring plotlines and character development into chaos.)

They should find something better for Boreanaz to do. And take John Daley with him, he's awesome as well.

Why did you have to remind me about The Finder?

:(

And Michael Clarke Duncan! :( :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I had a feeling it wasn't going to last. This is a pretty big blow to the cyberpunk genre. I hope it recovers, but just not on FOX.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

I blame Bitcoin.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

violetdragon posted:

What's the correct order?
1.01 Pilot (#1.01)
1.02 "Skin"- (#1.05)
1.03 "Are You Receiving" (#1.06)
1.04 "The Bends" (#1.07)
1.05 "Blood Brothers" (#1.08)
1.06 "Arrhythmia" (#1.03)
1.07 "Simon Says" (#1.10)
1.08 "You Are Here" (#1.02)
1.09 "Unbound" (#1.09)
1.10 "Perception" (#1.04)
1.11 "Disrupt" (#1.11)
1.12 "Beholder" (#1.12)
1.13 "Straw Man" (#1.13) [SEASON FINALE]

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 2, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Croatoan posted:

1.01 Pilot (#1.01)
1.02 "Skin"- (#1.05)
1.03 "Are You Receiving" (#1.06)
1.04 "The Bends" (#1.07)
1.05 "Blood Brothers" (#1.08)
1.06 "Arrhythmia" (#1.03)
1.07 "Simon Says" (#1.10)
1.08 "You Are Here" (#1.02)
1.09 "Unbound" (#1.09)
1.10 "Perception" (#1.04)
1.11 "Disrupt" (#1.11)
1.12 "Beholder" (#1.12)
1.13 "Straw Man" (#1.13) [SEASON FINALE]

You Are Here honestly could not have felt more like a second episode to me. That really stuck out.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That whole block before the three final episodes felt obviously off when I was marathoning/catching up with the show and had constant changes in tone. I mean, it's hard not to notice something when the episode order jumps all over the god drat place and goes 3->10->2->9->4.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Croatoan posted:

1.01 Pilot (#1.01)
1.02 "Skin"- (#1.05)
1.03 "Are You Receiving" – (#1.06)
1.04 "The Bends" – (#1.07)
1.05 "Blood Brothers" – (#1.08)
1.06 "Arrhythmia" – (#1.03)
1.07 "Simon Says" – (#1.10)
1.08 "You Are Here" – (#1.02)
1.09 "Unbound" – (#1.09)
1.10 "Perception" – (#1.04)
1.11 "Disrupt" – (#1.11)
1.12 "Beholder" – (#1.12)
1.13 "Straw Man" – (#1.13) [SEASON FINALE]

Holy crap! They really hosed with the order.

I want to go back and watch them in the right order.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

BreakAtmo posted:

You Are Here honestly could not have felt more like a second episode to me. That really stuck out.

Yeah it was kinda weird that they threw episode 2 way into the middle of the season. It reminded me of when Charlie on Fringe was all of a sudden alive for one episode and went back to being dead the week after.

Way to go Charlie.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Croatoan posted:

So since we'll never get an official answer, who and why was someone implanting dreams into Dorian?

My bet is it had some long term story line with his creator who jumped over the wall.

My guess: 'Synthetic Soul' is basically the bad dude's kid's memory/soul and Dorian somehow got some of the kid's memories. This is why the DRNs were so 'real' and was a factor in them being mothballed, and why John Voight made sure to steal the box full of synthetic souls instead of just making new robos. Also fits why the commando assassin robot lady told Dorian he was special and her purpose was to free him or whatever.

I want more Karl Urban and Michael Ealy. :(

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
This is a bad time to ask this, but what could've been done from the ground-up level to prevent this? Aside from viewing order and being a sci-fi show on Fox.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MrSlam posted:

This is a bad time to ask this, but what could've been done from the ground-up level to prevent this? Aside from viewing order and being a sci-fi show on Fox.

Tbh, better/tighter writing and acting. Urban and Ealy carried this show (as they should) but the supporting cast was almost universally weak, and the plots themselves, while not awful, were fairly ho hum and pedestrian. Like "Here's any episode of CSI/SVU/24 but the twist is *sci fi thing*".

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Less case of the week stuff, more of a story arc. There's interesting stuff that they could be exploring in the show universe, but they decided they wanted to make a bunch of episodes where it's basically CSI: Judge Dread, aside from a few scenes here and there.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Besides the chemistry between the leads, my favorite part of the show was the very believable "near future" tech (ok well besides Bitcoin being around). It was a good look in a Fringe-like way of what I think will be our future lives. Some things, like the modern looking cell phones and cars I think they dropped the ball on, but there was a lot I really dug.

Oh well. :sigh:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Astroman posted:

Besides the chemistry between the leads, my favorite part of the show was the very believable "near future" tech (ok well besides Bitcoin being around). It was a good look in a Fringe-like way of what I think will be our future lives. Some things, like the modern looking cell phones and cars I think they dropped the ball on, but there was a lot I really dug.

Oh well. :sigh:

Any crypto currency that exists from this point forward is just going to be referred to as bitcoins. It's the Kleenex of tissues and the Velcro of hook and loop tape.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
I'm late to the pity party, but goddamnit. I really liked this show and wanted to see where it was going. Leave it to Fox to utterly gently caress a great show right off the air. I'm beginning to think they do this on purpose. To what end, I have no idea.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm just glad they had a decent ending. Yeah there were a lot of unanswered questions, but it was no cliffhanger, and them just going back out work another case was a good image.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

I just loved the blatant Blade Runner homages every few episodes. Sad this show is gone; was some solid science fiction that defied expectations.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Let's not forget Rudy, fedora lover and poster child of future MRA. Crook nailed the comic relief and his lines just felt like people, as if the writers based him on a bitcoiner they knew.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
In retrospect my favorite episode was the one with the female terminator and the implication of an army of them over the wall. I wish they had run that one earlier and ran with the plot that set up instead of going back to weeklies.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

WarLocke posted:

I want more Karl Urban and Michael Ealy. :(

Dredd 2. Michael Ealy is a Street Judge with the prettiest eyes. :swoon:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Looks like one person - at least - is trying to organise a tweet campaign during the Almost Human timeslot on Monday, as my irritated tweet about the cancellation earned me the reply "Join next Monday (May, 5) #SaveAlmostHumantweetout (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT): #AlmostHuman #SaveAlmostHuman"

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Clearly they need to start sending testicles to Fox.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Patrovsky posted:

Clearly they need to start sending testicles to Fox.

Big ole box of balls, filled to the top. At full capacity if you will.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 4, 2014

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Not just any old balls will do mind you. They should source them exclusively from the fattest Fox executives.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Error 404 posted:

Tbh, better/tighter writing and acting. Urban and Ealy carried this show (as they should) but the supporting cast was almost universally weak, and the plots themselves, while not awful, were fairly ho hum and pedestrian. Like "Here's any episode of CSI/SVU/24 but the twist is *sci fi thing*".

This is pretty much it.

I watched it because I liked the two leads and because I thought the premise could lead to it being developed into something great much as Fringe did, but it really wasn't a good show; the writing was generally weak, relying too much on blatant call-backs to Blade Runner to hook sci-fi nerds while generally playing out like a generic cop show, the supporting cast were all entirely forgettable and ultimately it had no stand-out episodes.

Almost Human was an almost good show.

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 4, 2014

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

They should just cast Dorian as Judge Giant in Dredd 2.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I never liked Ealy as an android. Like why would anyone design an android to sound like one of Michael Jackson's brothers?

Although I quit after the sex bot episode so I didn't give it much rope.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Ealy was perfect casting given he spent most of the season trolling Karl Urban.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

MrSlam posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMTmtN7lHI

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

marktheando posted:

They should just cast Dorian as Judge Giant in Dredd 2.

A thousand times this.

I will miss this bromance indefinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Six seasons and a movie, wooo!

• Locked thread