Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Woo, got the Last of Us Remastered on the last day of that 50% off deal. I also somehow bought Bound By Flame. So I guess I'll let you know how that is later on, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Has anybody been using PS Now? Any updated thoughts? Anybody try it through a Vita mirrored from the PS4? Curious how much more input lag that adds.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Harlock posted:

Has anybody been using PS Now? Any updated thoughts? Anybody try it through a Vita mirrored from the PS4? Curious how much more input lag that adds.

I honestly had a better experience when OnLive was in beta than PSNow. I could not even play Poker Night at the Inventory.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How is the multiplayer for the new Killzone? I think I'm going to check out the local SAMS club for that $350 PS4 deal tomorrow but not sure which game I want to get first. Definitely want to get the Last of Us and later Destiny but for the time being I want to get a game that I'll actually be able to play for a while.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'll sell you my copy for cheap.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last time I fired up Killzone which was like 3 months ago, the multiplayer looked close to dead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mustang posted:

How is the multiplayer for the new Killzone? I think I'm going to check out the local SAMS club for that $350 PS4 deal tomorrow but not sure which game I want to get first. Definitely want to get the Last of Us and later Destiny but for the time being I want to get a game that I'll actually be able to play for a while.

It's not bad or great. To me BF4 is by far the best multiplayer option on PS4 right now. Tons of content and I like the gameplay 10 times more than Killzone.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Mustang posted:

Good news: The Last of Us multiplayer blows everything else away, you don't need anything else.

Ron Mexico
Dec 31, 2004

Harlock posted:

I rented Way of The Samurai 3 and it made me nauseous playing it. I don't know if it's just that game, a framerate thing or a lag thing but I don't really want to try any others after that. I don't remember having any motion sickness playing it on 360 years ago.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Equilibrium posted:

Good news: The Last of Us multiplayer blows everything else away, you don't need anything else.

Yep. Great multiplayer game.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
What's the easiest way of stopping a Share recording? I can double-tap to initiate, but I haven't found a convenient way to end it. I guess the easiest thing is to just wait it out and begin a new recording, whenever the opportunity presents itself?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Target Canada's game firesale is pretty sweet. Picked up Madden and CoD (I hate myself), plus two copies of FIFA for bros. The receipt says I saved over $180! :woot:

Reive
May 21, 2009

ufarn posted:

What's the easiest way of stopping a Share recording? I can double-tap to initiate, but I haven't found a convenient way to end it. I guess the easiest thing is to just wait it out and begin a new recording, whenever the opportunity presents itself?

Just open the share menu and hit save video.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ularg posted:

I honestly had a better experience when OnLive was in beta than PSNow. I could not even play Poker Night at the Inventory.

That may be Poker Night at the Inventory's fault. That thing ran like laggy hot garbage on the PS3 period. It was a terrible port.

I tried out DOA5 just to test how it would feel on a game that required pretty quick input and it was fine for me. I couldn't detect any input lag. I'm on a cable connection that maintains a pretty solid 30Mbps downstream and I have the PS4 hardwired. Obviously it's going to vary WILDLY depending on your internet speed and ping to whatever of their servers you're hitting.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Just got done playing Twisted Metal on PS Live, and it worked great for me. I live in an old apartment building, and in order to get an internet connection at all to my bedroom, I have to daisy chain two routers together through DDWRT and Wifi. The PS4 is directly connected through the daisy chained wifi router. Not the most ideal conditions, but it worked great. Very little lag, and only a few times did I notice any glitches. The only pitfall was when I went back to my laptop; my router proceeded to direct all traffic attention to it, throttling the PS4 and killing the connection. But that's more of an issue with my setup. And on the plus side, all of the PS Live in-game menus (not the game itself) is translated into Japanese.

Oh, and it's expensive as gently caress, but we all knew that. But at least Twisted Metal is pretty short and very fun.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 3, 2014

ufarn
May 30, 2009
You could try hooking up your PS4 with a powerline adapter, which might help.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

ufarn posted:

You could try hooking up your PS4 with a powerline adapter, which might help.

Can't, from what I know it won't work with the wiring. For the most part I don't have issues though.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I'm looking for a new headset so I can pass my old Sony Wireless one to the girl friend. Is the "Gold" wireless one pretty good? Id prefer something with a good mic and audio quality around the 100 dollar range if possible. I don't care if there are cabled or not as I game at a desk.

Moochewmoo fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 3, 2014

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I think PSNow prices don't look so great compared to services like Steam but, at the same time, I feel like instant access to the games really does something to feed into my impulse purchasing desires. Like I'm looking through their list of games and there are games I don't think I'd buy for $5 on Steam because, in the 3-4 hours it would take to download, I'd probably be playing something else and then never get back to it. But tell me I can hit 'purchase' and be playing in 30 seconds and I'm suddenly considering paying for a game I'd otherwise never bother with because goddamnit that trailer looked neat and I can start playing RIGHT NOW :v:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

gently caress you guys for no :effort: and making me make a new thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654982

Adverbially
Sep 17, 2013

Soiled Meat

Moochewmoo posted:

So I'm looking for a new headset so I can pass my old Sony Wireless one to the girl friend. Is the "Gold" wireless one pretty good? Id prefer something with a good mic and audio quality around the 100 dollar range if possible. I don't care if there are cabled or not as I game at a desk.
Gold ($99.99) or the Vita headset ($19.99), depending on your preference.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Christoff posted:

gently caress you guys for no :effort: and making me make a new thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654982
What was wrong with this one? :confused:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah do we really need a new thread just so people can ask which headphones to use every other page?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The OP of this thread said a few times he isn't going to update it anymore and asked for someone to make a new one.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

gently caress if you babies want to keep this 800 page thread so you can click your little question mark and find all your posts easily i'll just close mine

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm not moving. Idiot

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Close this thread. His other one has a good OP with a great FAQ that's not about a year out of date. What's the problem?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Christoff posted:

gently caress if you babies want to keep this 800 page thread so you can click your little question mark and find all your posts easily i'll just close mine

Just tell the OP to close this thread. Problem solved. :D

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

quote:

Is there any backwards compatibility?
At the moment, no - not even for PSone titles, making this the only Playstation (besides the first, obviously) to lack any form of backward compatibility. Sony has indicated they'll use Gaikai streaming as an eventual solution starting sometime in 2014, but details are scarce.

Wow yes very up to date

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah earlier it didn't look like the new thread's OP was much more up to date than this one, which kind of defeats the purpose of making a new thread. Plus nothing huge is happening that warrants a new thread being made. PSNow is out, but only in beta. Shouldn't a new thread be made when the PS4 gets some big new feature like DLNA/MP3 support or a price change or a new SKU?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Space Racist posted:

Seriously, someone please write a new OP so Christoff will quit suggesting things to put in the OP that he also isn't willing to write :v:

Seriously, really though, someone should write a new OP. I said months ago I wasn't going to update this one anymore and no one has stepped up. Theoretically I could close the thread to force the issue, but I'd prefer not to be a dick about it.

E: And yeah I could just leave this one open indefinitely, but given how much has changed since launch it'd be good to get a refreshed one.

The OP asked someone to make a new thread, everyone shut the gently caress up and let a new thread get made, jesus

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

The OP asked someone to make a new thread, everyone shut the gently caress up and let a new thread get made, jesus
You're mad about this? Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This thread really has to close before the next one can become a thing.

• Locked thread