Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Molpying now resets the colour background from dark to light, which was a nice shock to my eyes at 6 am when I was setting up a new runthrough before getting ready for work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Is there an autoclicker that autosolves logicat puzzles? The game expects you to solve a lot of them and they get boring and repetitive very fast. Googling brought up a couple but they didn't seem to actually work.

e: And the one in the OP only seemed to highlight the kitties/logicats, didn't click/solve them.

BeachBall still works fine for me, it just doesn't show the options pane for some reason (although I think it still works in classic view).

You can change the options easily enough in the console though.

code:
BeachBall.Settings['LCSolver'].status = "1"
turns on the logicat solver, and

code:
BeachBall.Settings['CagedAutoClick'].status = "2"
makes it solve any caged logicats when the maximum amount are left. Status = "1" makes it solve a single caged logicat at a time, and status = "3" will make it use Shadow Dragon for bonemeal anytime there are more than 100 caged logicats. I'm not sure why you would ever use that, because it's a lot better to just turn on Shadow Feeder.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Actually the options will show up after you load it right up until the next mNP. So if your fast you can change settings or use the tool loader

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

senae posted:

not sure if there's anyone actively developing it at this point.

This is kind of the case right now yeah. They have a bunch of folks doing bug fixes and qol changes with an occasional new currency grind, but the current endgame is both impossibly tedious with logicats and basically impossible with all the crashing problems and nobody seems to want to address either of those. The vacuum balancing act could be fun if there were fixed to the standard of other things, but it's eternal and unrewarding. Coupled with the severe processing strain even one bad line of code can have since the new resources are actually functions and you get a pretty poo poo outlook.

I'm hoping ed comes back after a hiatus for a fix up. I can't even run it right now so unless we get a fix I'm done for a bit

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
So am I missing something, or do the Tool Multi-Buy upgrades not work at all? I'm getting pretty tired of clicking thousands of times to buy tools one a time, then selling them all so that I have to do it again.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

ProfessorProf posted:

So am I missing something, or do the Tool Multi-Buy upgrades not work at all? I'm getting pretty tired of clicking thousands of times to buy tools one a time, then selling them all so that I have to do it again.

They both add a 'buy n tools at once' option to the option menu.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
There we go. Now, things are getting weird.

I've got infinite castles per ONG and a Tool Factory, but I don't understand how to get that working. I tried locking all but one or two Ceilings, but dumping chips into the Tool Factory seems to do nothing. I don't have enough buckets for infinite sand per mNP, but the "buy" button has disappeared from all my tools. If I lock Ceilings, I don't see any way to get them back short of reverting to an old save - they're not showing up in the boost store.

So it seems like I just no longer have any way whatsoever of producing tools. The heck is going on?

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
If anyone's wondering, still waiting on the next phase, there's some significant new boosts, and the game runs a hell of a lot better now. If you're still having AA problems the new fix seems to be downgrading plumber.

ProfessorProf posted:

I've got infinite castles per ONG and a Tool Factory, but I don't understand how to get that working. I tried locking all but one or two Ceilings, but dumping chips into the Tool Factory seems to do nothing. I don't have enough buckets for infinite sand per mNP, but the "buy" button has disappeared from all my tools. If I lock Ceilings, I don't see any way to get them back short of reverting to an old save - they're not showing up in the boost store.
Ceilings are from the dord, open some qqs or do some cats if you don't have those yet. "Don't have enough buckets" is probably more "don't have enough trebuchets." Tool factory's supposed to spend chips on glass tools, post a save if they're just sitting there since that's a lot easier than trying to remember what everything needs to work. OP walkthrough probably answers it though.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Exported save.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Upgrade glass extruder while you can so you're not stuck with 100% sand use, that's annoying. Tool factory is fine, you can see it work if you (save and) lock all ceilings but buckets or whatever, put chips in TF, and look at your bucket count. Eventually you'll lock all ceilings but 0 and 3, feed TF until you get 7470 buckets (for a prereq), lock 0, and keep feeding just for trebuchets until you have infinite sand/mnp (check the trebuchet pong boost) - that's right out of the OP, but so is how you're going to want to have refinery making a lot more chips first, so I'd turn off No Sell and downgrade chiller way down so you can use those chips to upgrade refinery instead. Honestly though I sure don't remember the best way of doing stuff at this point, better to check the OP.

Also, if you want typos off enter "typo" in the import box (and again for on), and there's a color boost if you toggle chromatic heresy a bunch.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.
I've officially decided to give up on this until I hear about a significant upgrade, it was hogging a tab on my browser for way too long for what was ultimately a pointless game.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

"Ultimately" pointless?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

"Ultimately" pointless?

He moved on to a fulfilling clicker where I'd you get to endgame you have an IRL wife and 6 figure job. Kids are the next patch.

On a non sarcastic note I've been feeling the same as him honestly. Haven't had the tab open for ages since the last thing I want is a bsod during a nephalim rift, but if the aa stuff is mostly better I'm perfectly happy to turn off plumber and just use my clicker. I'll pop it open again

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Yep, confirming that this game runs like a charm now. No more slowdown, no more crashing. I am still not so sure about the new boosts though. Ok, so you can ramp up your goat production, which in turn will let you up your mustard production I guess? Is the goal to make mustard the most attractive alternative for leveling up your panther rush? Either way I'm only halfway to the requirements on ritual, so I'm gonna go home and grind out dilation and see how that affects my income.

Still got no idea how you're supposed to progress at all without a logicat solver. 1P QQ is pretty laffo.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Dragons are out and the thread isn't even archived yet! Looks like tamagotchi pokemon or something, skimming the guide is sapping my will to care but they must be brilliant as otherwise my earlier optimism would be silly. Have fun, or not. :yoshi:

OG17 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 18, 2014

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I figured the long (rather boring) dry spell meant everyone who might read this thread would lose interest (still not convinced this is false), but if you've been running the game and putting in moderate effort into keeping current, they're pretty straightforward so far. I gotta give wavenly credit, they are both interesting and terrible at the same time. The mechanics for fighting and digging and all that are pretty cool, but baseline you have to be at your computer for 2 hours PER DRAGON with a 1 hour overlap (so 2 drags in 3 hours, etc) until you have like 20 of the things, then you only have to be there for 1.5 hours each :hurf:

It's a cool feature, but it's kind of ruined by the need for constant attention in very small, particular but very space out intervals. Redundakitties are ok because you can sit down and click a few of them in a half hour/hour and then gently caress off and do something else. ED has more or less washed his hands of the game (he still posts on reddit sometimes, so I guess he's a player not a dev now), and although one of the other devs is working on fixing the molpy down prizes being crap because wavenly never molpied, it's probably a long time coming and most of the current content is gonna be by a guy who basically does nothing else for 12 hours a day and then responds to people who ask why something costs 6 orders of magnitude more than is reasonable why they don't have more stuff because he has that much stuff.

He does at least still listen to the players but the content is a little obtusely put together right now. I've got another week or so before I hit infinite ritual so I have time before I have to worry about that balance, but I do not sit at my computer for 4+ hours at a time doing nothing else. Not gonna stop running a rift because I have to tab out and feed/fledge my dragon.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Part of the reason this took so long was that he was waiting for ED to tell him everything he had planned for dragons, or that's the impression I got anyway, no idea how faithful it ended up being but that was the spirit at least.

can't stare at a screen all day, gotta raid diablo :rolleye:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

Part of the reason this took so long was that he was waiting for ED to tell him everything he had planned for dragons, or that's the impression I got anyway, no idea how faithful it ended up being but that was the spirit at least.

can't stare at a screen all day, gotta raid diablo :rolleye:

I read that conversation on github, ED really does seem to be the creative font for this game as his ideas read much better than wavenly's. I think that's largely because ED isn't really playing the game nearly as much so he's trying to code for a slightly (keyword slightly) less ridiculously :spergin: audience.

If I'm gonna stare at a screen it might as well be DOING something. Having to be at or near your computer for 2 consecutive hours minimum is asking for a pretty big commitment considering the amount of time you have to interact with it in that period to progress into dragons is ~60 seconds. That's a pretty bad return, funwise.

oranges however

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Are there any other games like this, but actively updated?

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011

Elswyyr posted:

Are there any other games like this, but actively updated?

I haven't found an idle game that had the same amount of content or paradigm shifts or any that could keep my attention as long as this one. You can look on the incremental game subreddit but most of them seem to be rather samey or lazely done. There are a lot of varieties of "something clicker" but they are basically the same thing just with different pictures.
I'd be happy if anyone knew something that was as captivating as this game though.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
This one still gets updates, they're just kind of few and far between. For good reason, most of the content has some pretty robust code behind it.

For other idle type games, most of the time they get posted in the cookie clicker thread. Why people still play that game when every update is just another set of holiday cookies is beyond me. The last thing linked to there was Derivative Clicker, and if you haven't played it yet Candy Box 2 is worth a go.

Lordy posted:

I haven't found an idle game that had the same amount of content or paradigm shifts or any that could keep my attention as long as this one. You can look on the incremental game subreddit but most of them seem to be rather samey or lazely done. There are a lot of varieties of "something clicker" but they are basically the same thing just with different pictures.
I'd be happy if anyone knew something that was as captivating as this game though.

Basically this. From the sound of what's cooking and what I've seen in the unreleased code, dragons seem like they might be spicy the way that the vacuum/logicat grind never was, so I'm maxing out my currencies and getting them started so that when the big dragon content hits I can give it a try.

I really doubt anything as well put together as this game's first month or two worth of playtime will come out though. Most of the other games have 1, maybe 2 currencies and they just go up and that's about it. Even just the base sand/castle mechanic in this game is more interesting than that.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Is there an updated kitten timer?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Elswyyr posted:

Is there an updated kitten timer?

Beachball is the go-to addon right now. I have mine through tampermonkey which keeps it up to date. I think if you search that subreddit you can find installation instructions for that method too.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Eldercain posted:

Beachball is the go-to addon right now. I have mine through tampermonkey which keeps it up to date. I think if you search that subreddit you can find installation instructions for that method too.

It seems to work perfectly well for just clicking kitties, but it's got that weird bug where if you get a Logicat, you start chaining kitties for a really long while. Like, immediatly after I bought Logicat, I got a 10 chain. I'm assuming that's not intended.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Elswyyr posted:

It seems to work perfectly well for just clicking kitties, but it's got that weird bug where if you get a Logicat, you start chaining kitties for a really long while. Like, immediatly after I bought Logicat, I got a 10 chain. I'm assuming that's not intended.

You'll always get another kitty after a logicat, so that's really not that unusual. 1/8 chance per chain of a redundakitty, and always a 1/6 chance of getting a logicat if there's any remaining non-redundakitty chance or something like that. I think if you hide a 5chain you'll always get a logicat, but my memory on that is fuzzy since caged logicat takes over the heavy lifting pretty shortly.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I'm just assuming that my very first logicat is, in fact, NOT supposed to take me to Logicat Level 10, and that I should not be at 117 within a shortpix.

EDIT: And now I'm at 231, in shortpix, without even having Caged Logicat. Why do I always play this game in a time where the scripts are hosed up?

DOUBLEEDIT: Ok, it looks like Beachball actually makes Logicats appear out of thin air. My logicat rate with Beachball is 100%, every kitty is a Logicat. Something is definitly hosed up.

Elswyyr fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 30, 2014

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
That may not be beachball's fault. When you get a cat it has between 4-7 answers so you get 2-3.5 levels per logicat base. Something may be hosed up, but I don't think it's with beachball unless the new guy screwed it up. FWIW after logicat level ~300 it doesn't matter too much as you'll have most of the boosts that come from it, and you'll be solving them mostly for the rewards until much much later. For now, it'll speed you up slightly on your way to inf/inf and be convenient for rifting, don't worry too much.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
My LR power seems to fall by e^20 whenever i Molpy Down. This is pretty annoying, and I thought that Lightning in a Bottle would cause it to never drop below e^252, but apparently it doesn't. Do I need to do something to trigger LiaB?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Elswyyr posted:

My LR power seems to fall by e^20 whenever i Molpy Down. This is pretty annoying, and I thought that Lightning in a Bottle would cause it to never drop below e^252, but apparently it doesn't. Do I need to do something to trigger LiaB?

It's really buggy right now and I think you may have to unlock LR or LiaB again to get it to work. It drops slowly pre-inf per NP, so if you're going a while without getting a lot of GL it could be decaying. If it's just bugged still might as well just set your LR power to whatever it needs to be at.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Jesus poo poo, I need a lot of Bonemeal for the T2 bag. Should I spend all my Blackprints on AC and just gather all the bonemeal for the T2 uses and a T3 use in one go?? It looks like Bonemeal won't speed up much until I savescum Eww from the T3 bag.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Elswyyr posted:

Jesus poo poo, I need a lot of Bonemeal for the T2 bag. Should I spend all my Blackprints on AC and just gather all the bonemeal for the T2 uses and a T3 use in one go?? It looks like Bonemeal won't speed up much until I savescum Eww from the T3 bag.

Yeah you kind of want to save up enough bonemeal to do all your pre t4 MD before hand. After you get the t4 bag it's not as hard to get it and you will be more constrained by flux crystals. Once you're done MD it's not so hard anymore

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Ive tried to google this, but i am unsure what terminology to use.

Could someone tell me the "naming scheme" for the amount of resources in this game? Not really sure how to explain this.

So far i have extrapolated that the sequence is

M - G - T - P - E -Z - Y - U - S

Does anyone have the rest of the sequence?

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
From the wiki (http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Sandcastle_Builder):

Postfixes start with the standard metric postfixes, and then go:

Umpty<Squilli<Helo<Ferro<Lotta<Wololo

After Wololo is Kilo Wololo, Mega Wololo and so on.

Quita is an abbreviation for Wololo Wololo Wololo Wololo Wololo.

Full list:

K M G T P E Z Y U S H F L W
KW MW GW TW PW EW ZW YW UW SW HW FW LW WW
KWW MWW GWW TWW PWW EWW ZWW YWW UWW SWW HWW FWW LWW WWW
KWWW MWWW GWWW TWWW PWWW EWWW ZWWW YWWW UWWW SWWW HWWW FWWW LWWW WWWW
KWWWW MWWWW GWWWW TWWWW PWWWW EWWWW ZWWWW YWWWW UWWWW SWWWW HWWWW FWWWW LWWWW Q
KQ MQ GQ TQ PQ EQ ZQ YQ UQ SQ HQ FQ LQ WQ
KWQ MWQ GWQ TWQ PWQ EWQ ZWQ YWQ UWQ SWQ HWQ FWQ LWQ WWQ
KWWQ MWWQ GWWQ TWWQ Infinite

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

:psyboom:

Thanks!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I recently unlocked sand to glass and castles to glass boosts, and have ben building up my tool supplies to get the boosts that make them produce more glass.
I have been using the tool factory for this, and for the most part gotten 1-3 tools per mNP. However, the other day i noticed that i was getting like 200 tools per mNP, and tracked this down to being due to the Production Control boost in the Hill People Tech category.
I cannot figure out what triggers this to happen though? It seems the tool production numbers from Production Control happens for like 10-15 mNP somewhere around mNP 600. I once sat there and watched almost an entire NewPix go past without this happening, so im not really sure whats going on.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Sounds like your castle tools going off giving you a large number of chips. Eventually they'll give you enough that you can support those levels all NP long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Eldercain posted:

Sounds like your castle tools going off giving you a large number of chips. Eventually they'll give you enough that you can support those levels all NP long

But the situation i am talking about happens around mNP 600, 400 mNP after the castle tools and ~200 mNP after NPBs go off?

• Locked thread