Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
Is it not 'armed gules on a field tenné'?
(Though that field could be or which would fit the rule of tinctures better.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Could be. I'm not skilled in the art of describing colours in Medieval French enough to give a more correct answer.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It could be sanguine, but I felt it was too light. That's why I said tenné.

E: Originally, I wrote or. So I was even more wrong before!

I wasn't actually trying to be snarky- it does look like orange- but Heraldry Nerds really seem to hate stains (Sanguine, Murrey, and Tenne').

It creates confusion and sets their autism off or something.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

They aren't part of the original 5 + 2 approved colours, after all.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

BgRdMchne posted:

People thought that the old flags for Sardinia and Corsica were racist:

so they changed them:

Objection!

Corsica's flag was changed in the 18th century, when Corsica declared independence from Genoa. The change has nothing to do with racism: Pasquale Paoli, the president of the Corsican Republic and father of the Corsican Nation changed the flag to symbolize the liberation of the Corsican people

• Locked thread