Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

The interior is immaculate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That's close enough for me...winning bid aside, though, it'll be a real joy getting it out of their lot - seeing how it's locked, they have no keys, no locksmiths are permitted on the premises, and no repairs can be made.

I would have to, at the very least, jack it up to disconnect the shift linkage and get it out of Park just to get it on a flatbed or even a dolly.

I love that they have a guy who can help you, if he's not busy or at lunch. Stay classy, DC.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 26, 2014

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

You bid on it? I wish ya luck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

That's close enough for me...winning bid aside, though, it'll be a real joy getting it out of their lot - seeing how it's locked, they have no keys, no locksmiths are permitted on the premises, and no repairs can be made.

I would have to, at the very least, jack it up to disconnect the shift linkage and get it out of Park just to get it on a flatbed or even a dolly.

I love that they have a guy who can help you, if he's not busy or at lunch. Stay classy, DC.

Wheel lift on the back of a tow truck, they'll lift it, set it on skis, and then drag it onto the bed.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Find a tow guy who's worked in repo or impound stuff, they'll have it loaded up and out of the lot before you can even blink.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I miss my '77 Coupe Deville.

Not mine in the picture but almost identical. It was by far the biggest vehicle I ever owned. Even in the derelict state mine was in I still got a lot of attention from random citizens. It was just too big to ignore. Big comfy bench seats, 4 ashtrays with their own cigarette lighters and a thirst for fuel greater than any modern full size truck.

I took many long and comfy road trips in that big bastard. Even now I wish I could've kept it and given it the restoration it deserved.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

timg that dude

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

I am not allowed to bid on those because I'm a DC Government employee. Makes me sad.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

Cross-posting from another thread:

11BulletCatcher posted:

So, I went to a car show on Friday at Slick's Garage (which, coincidentally will be coming to a TV near you soon), and once again won an award in the Under Construction category, this time for my '77 Cougar.

I had to compete with a 73 Lincoln Continental for the most 'Murican smog era car; making us seem even more obnoxious was the presence of the British car club, the Triumph club, and a local contingent of VW bugs.

My fellow Malaise brother:

If you have facebook, the entire album is here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.867948146554377.1073741844.207132885969243&type=1

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I miss my '77 Coupe Deville.

Not mine in the picture but almost identical. It was by far the biggest vehicle I ever owned. Even in the derelict state mine was in I still got a lot of attention from random citizens. It was just too big to ignore. Big comfy bench seats, 4 ashtrays with their own cigarette lighters and a thirst for fuel greater than any modern full size truck.

I took many long and comfy road trips in that big bastard. Even now I wish I could've kept it and given it the restoration it deserved.

Whatup '77 Coupe DeVille buddy!

Here's the one I had many years ago. Horrifically smog strangled 425 V8, Canary yellow with landau roof and 8-track. Hundred dolla bill air freshener was standard equipment :whatup: It is inches from the front of the shed in that pic, and the door barely closed behind it, but it did actually fit inside.

I didn't put more than 20 miles on it, as a brake line gave out and the pedal went to the floor about 4 miles into the drive home from the seller's place. I almost demolished my friend's MkII Golf as a result - I ended up a few inches from his bumper. Bricks were shat, moreso on his part. I had barely just started turning wrenches at that point, and had not the tools or knowledge to start doing that kind of work at the time, so it sat until I sold it. I do wish I could have fixed it up, but dat rust :drat:

Yes, the rear bumper was held on with a chain :haw: Apparently not an isolated incident - I think Chris Rock did a bit about it actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Black88GTA posted:

Yes, the rear bumper was held on with a chain :haw: Apparently not an isolated incident - I think Chris Rock did a bit about it actually.

Ah, the question in my mind was "is the chain holding the bumper on, the trunk closed, or both?"

• Locked thread