Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ryan_woody posted:

Can anyone recommend a really nice bed for a 50 lb dog? She is about to take a 2,000 mile cross country drive to move with me and I want something comfortable to put in the back seat, as well as something that she will sleep on when we get to the new house.

I imagine a nice comfy orthopedic bed will be great, but there are so many options out there that I don't even know where to start. As a bonus, my company is covering her move with me, so price isn't much of an object.

http://www.lucafordogs.com/

We bought our dogs one, and it was expensive (150) but they absolutely love it and it's a lot easier to take apart and clean than the old ones we night from petsmart and costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

nwin posted:

http://www.lucafordogs.com/

We bought our dogs one, and it was expensive (150) but they absolutely love it and it's a lot easier to take apart and clean than the old ones we night from petsmart and costco.

Thanks for the recommendation, I just ordered one. It looks great, and I'm sure Gio will love it!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

ryan_woody posted:

Can anyone recommend a really nice bed for a 50 lb dog? She is about to take a 2,000 mile cross country drive to move with me and I want something comfortable to put in the back seat, as well as something that she will sleep on when we get to the new house.

I imagine a nice comfy orthopedic bed will be great, but there are so many options out there that I don't even know where to start. As a bonus, my company is covering her move with me, so price isn't much of an object.

I would just poke around on Amazon and see what looks good and has the best reviews. This one looks pretty good, in either the medium or large size. This one looks pretty good too, great reviews. Might have to find room in my budget to get this for my own dog...

edit: Didn't see you'd already bought one, oh well.

catamar
May 23, 2008

ryan_woody posted:

Check out the beds at Costco! They're big and really comfy.

E: WHOOPS, didn't look at the new page. Those other beds look nice.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Any recs for a dog raft for a small dog? I have access to a nice calm swimming pool and while Tater...

... has been in a few times before a raft to tug him around in would be A Fun Thing.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

nwin posted:

Can anyone recommend a cooling collar/harness/vest for two boston terriers while walking them in North Carolina?

We took the out last night and ten minutes into it they were just about done! Took forever for them to cool down. It was about 80 degrees out with 90% humidity.

This is a UK site but I'm sure you can get similar in the US, it's a faux chamois type material that you soak in water and it keeps the coat cool till the water evaporates. I have two for my long haired dog

http://www.keepcool.org.uk/dog%20coats.htm

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
Anyone have any recommendations for a good brand of catnip to buy either online or at a major U.S. retailer (e.g. Petsmart, Petco, etc.) now that our goon cat druglord DeeEight is out of business?

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

spregalia posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a good brand of catnip to buy either online or at a major U.S. retailer (e.g. Petsmart, Petco, etc.) now that our goon cat druglord DeeEight is out of business?

:420: So you want to get your cat high, eh? :420: I've been giving my cat Whisker city catnip, you can get it at Petsmart. His pupils get dilated and he goes crazy for half an hour and then passes out from exhaustion. I also grew some catmint this year. He liked it, but maybe not as much as the store bought organic catnip stuff. When you go in to buy some, take a look at the bag and just make sure its not filled with stems and seeds.

Today I did some laundry and noticed an alarming amount of dog hair on my clothes. I pulled out my trusty Furminator and gave the dog a good once over. I absolutely LOVE The Furminator. It does a great job of getting rid of all that loose fur and the dog doesn't seem to mind it all that much. I dragged the comb across my arm to see how it felt and it was a hell of a lot nicer feeling than a slicker brush.

After about a half hour of brushing I realized that it wasn't dog hair... he had a tribble living in his undercoat.

candywife
Mar 3, 2011
Suggestions for a large cat harness (and possible ways to not look like a crazy cat lady while walking my cat)?

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I have an adopted little guy that is definitely some kind of coonhound mix, maybe a treeing walker. He has very thin, wiry, relatively short fur, and I haven't been able to find a brush that will reliably grab and hold his fur for over a year. I'm looking to spend up to about $30, although I'm hoping to find something cheaper. Anybody have a good brush for this sort of dog they'd recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Lawnie posted:

I have an adopted little guy that is definitely some kind of coonhound mix, maybe a treeing walker. He has very thin, wiry, relatively short fur, and I haven't been able to find a brush that will reliably grab and hold his fur for over a year. I'm looking to spend up to about $30, although I'm hoping to find something cheaper. Anybody have a good brush for this sort of dog they'd recommend?

short haired furminator!

They aren't just for long haired breeds.

• Locked thread