Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Elijah Creed

Elijah's face darkens when his lord accepts the hug from the eldar, but removes his hand from his sword as requested and merely glowers at the xenos. He keeps an obvious eye on the one that approached the trader, watching her hands and her armor and snorting when the embrace is broken.

"Yes, lord; let us get to the meat of the matter and see what the xenos plan to offer us. I am most.. interested.. in these maps myself." Elijah gives the lead eldar an odd, judging look before turning on his heel and following the rogue trader at a short distance, arms folded across his chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Kesune Ilmarinen

As he waits for Isendor to do what he does best, Kesune alternates between examining the ship and the business room in particular--very nice, very tasteful, perhaps a bit drab here and there but compared to the rather spartan ship they had, quite pleasant--and glaring daggers at the Rogue Trader's apparent (self-appointed?) bodyguard. He takes a moment to tap discreetly at his waist, the universal language for "try anything fancy and I'll shoot you first."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Isendor Dunrain

Isendor walks behind his host as they head to a more accommodating setting, "Wait Elihponex, is it your plan to set up on another world?" Isendor begins in Eldar, so as to disguise the conversation from that contemptible Creed character, "My understanding is most of the local worlds are barren rocks, Faervel can correct me if I am wrong. If that is the case are you planning to terraform? Why not terraform a world that is rich in mineral wealth? You would save on logistics of terraforming one world, and then have to put separate infrastructure on another. First you should look at the abstracts of the charts that Faervel has prepared."

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Faervel

Finding the room they've been led to at least marginally tastefully appointed, as opposed to the bleak hallways they'd been walking through, Faervel looked around for a suitably large surface to spread out the charts. Finding a place to unroll them, he looked up. "Well, you can take a look for yourself as to what's been mapped out around this area, but as you can see there's not all that many choices."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Stepping next to Faervel to study the maps, Elihponex nods at Isendor. "Indeed, if the colony were to be mine I would be looking at somewhere far less remote and more profitable. The one we're transporting the terraformers and settlers to set up is to be set up in this particular region of space, lacking though it is in planets that are in anyway useful or even habitable, at the behest of someone else and according tot heir specific request in exchange for previous favours. I had written off this trip as an unpleasant necessity, but if there are planets rich in minerals in the area, perhaps this venture wont be entirely without gain and I can return on my own behalf rather than that of the Imperial Navy." The rogue trader trails off and continues to study the star charts.

Mad Moxxi
Apr 29, 2010

It's tough being cute.
Shae

Shae let her excitement get the best of her, and straightens her appearance. There is time for celebration later.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Isendor Dunrain

Isendor's face betrays no emotion but openness, even as he inwardly curses fate. It would figure that the rouge trader wasn't even calling the shots on the teraforming expedition, but it could still be salvaged, "Did your Navy specify a particular world in this sector of space, or do you have some leeway? Even if the former, you could still take the initiative to veer a little of course if it meant getting the Navy some resources on top of a planet! Think of it, they'd have to owe you for such a handy find, and then it is the Navy, not yourself, who must pay the tithe to my people! A win-win for all involved.!"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Elijah Creed

The priest strokes his chin in thought as he studies the map, and grins. When he speaks, it is in the language of the Eldar. "It would be prudent for us to simply use BOTH planets, Lord. One planet could be used as the navy desires, to use as a hive planet, and could supply the workers necessary for the planet YOU lay claim to. The navy would have great incentive for those who would move out here that way, and would have the facilities they wish for repair and refueling." He taps the map and glances up casually at Isendor.

"Though, it seems our 'allies' here are keen to misdirect us from our duty to the Imperium's navy, and does not want us to simply use both planets. One has to wonder why that is. If it is such a useless planet, with no resources or anything that would make it an attractive planet whatsoever, what benefit would it be to the Eldar to direct us away from it to a planet LOUSY with resources, hmm?" Elijah stands up straight, his smile fading. "I assume you are hiding something from us, xeno. It would do you well to speak honestly with us."

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 31, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
"I have some leeway in selecting the planet, but the Navy was quite specific in their request on the location." He motions at an area of the chart, a small cluster of stars, containing only a handful of solid planets of survivable temperature amongst them. Faerval easily notices that none of the indicated planets contain mineral deposits of any commercial significance, at least according to your charts. "Though unless I'm misreading the chart, I fear I'm out of luck on that front. The entire cluster appears to be quite barren, unless one happens to be after large quantities of commercially useless plantlife, and even that would require terraforming in more cases than not. Frankly speaking, I can't see the reasoning behind the navy's choice of region myself."

When Creed speaks his mind, Elihponex first frowns at his inability to present a friendly face in a business setting, but after a moment of thought, he nods at Creed. "Indeed it would, and that was my intention." He turns away from the charts to look at Isendor. "Mister Isendor, I can't but agree Father Creed has a point. I ask you in good faith, are you here to trade or to divert us from our destination? Imperial xenographers were aware of no claim staked on the planet by your people, though I have to acknowledge their fallibility in these matters."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Isendor Dunrain

Isendor's face remains unchanged, even as Creed shits all over his hard work. If this entire ruse went south because of this Creed Fellow, Isendor would personally carve the mon'keigh up with his sword. The eldar thinks on his feet quickly and responds.

"It appears your peon has sniffed out that I am not being totally honest with you, though his assumptions are incorrect. I am indeed trying to steer your choice of planet. Not because of what your initial destination contains, but because of what one of the destinations you will pick does contain. Let us be frank here, the Eldar are a dwindling race. That said, we require resources beyond just wraithbone, but we lack the eldarpower to properly gather the resources we need. My goal here was to steer you to one of these mineral rich planets so that way we could collect the tithe for our own use on our craftworlds."

The Rogue tries to let a look of shame cross his face, "I do apologize for the subterfuge. Be that as it may, the prospects are still beneficial to yourselves and the Imperium. You can both terraform and exploit one world, instead of doing it twice. and the vast amount of resources will go to you, making it more than profitable. As condolences for our initial decoy, I am willing to drop the up front asked for Thrones to Five thousand, and the gross percentage to five percent. Please, my people need these resources."

Okay there is post. I was tempted to just pull a sword and kill dyne so that way I would stop derailing this game and the shooty-stabby folks could do what they're here for.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Elijah Creed

Creed's face is stony while the elder speaks, and he stares hard at him, trying to discern if he's lying. But unfortunately for the priest, he does not truly know and simply assumes the xenos always lies. He does not appear to be very happy to be called a peon, but for the moment ignores the slight. "As I had assumed. Then there is simply no reason for us to NOT take both planets, is there, xeno?" Elijah turns to the rogue trader and smiles earnestly.

"If, instead, we INCREASE the original fee and tithe percentage but obtain both the barren planet for the navy and the mineral rich one offered to us by these Eldar, it would be a most beneficial deal, lord. The navy is fairly resolute on where it wishes its primary planet to be, and while true they offer reason for us to simply wish THEIR planet.." Father Creed turns back to the map, tapping the mineral laden planet.

".. they truly offer no reason to avoid the other. The navy would recompense you on at the very least the original fee you laid down, but you would obtain something worth much more, a planet of your own to terraform, which I'm certain the naval lords will simply turn a blind eye to if you can cover the remainder of the initial fee. But I do know with some conviction that the navy requires their planet within THIS sector." He moves his finger back onto the map, near the barren planets that Eldar wish them to avoid.

"So, in SPITE of your desperation, I feel we can offer a better deal for you simply to have both planets." Creed folds his arms across his chest and smirks. "Unless you are still obscuring the truth from us, you have given us no real reason other than your own petty greed to divert us from our mission. But it is to be expected of the alien to lie and twist things to their own reality for their own gain."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Ulli

Ulli shifts his stance slightly, crossing his arms.

"Someone remind me why we want to save this race again? Perhaps their destruction would benefit the universe somehow."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Isendor Dunrain

Isendor bends down, gathers the intricate charts, and hands them to Faerval. "It appears there is no dealing with the rogue trader here. Good luck to you in your future endeavors Elihponex. I hope in the future you keep better company, or know when to keep the animals in the kennels."

With that he walks away, and beckons the others to follow him back to their ship. Isendor wanted to avoid having to doom mon'keigh to death, but in this particular case, he was more than willing to let the more martially inclined among the group sabotage the terraforming devices and let them suck atmo on a desolate rock.

Either rogue trader can call my bluff, or lets just get out of here and do some killing.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Kesune Ilmarinen

Well, they tried, they really did. Isha and the Mon-keigh emperor and all the rest couldn't blame them for that. Oh well. Kesune follows Isendor back to the ship while shooting a death glare at Elijah.

"So, that's that, then. Guess we'll be ripping up bits of their tech, then?"

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Elihponex glares at Creed, clearly sharing the eldar's annoyance with the priest. "You are to advice to me on matters of faith, Father. For the sake of saving face, I recommend you leave the decisions on commercial procedure to me." The rogue trader rushes out of the room after the leaving eldar. "Wait, mister Isendor! I apologise on behalf of my advisor, he spoke out of place. Let us not give up on a deal that could benefit both of us just because one ill-considered comment. However, there is some small morsel of truth to what he says. I still fail to see a reason not to simply settle both planets, or even a reason why you would wish for us to not do so. Wouldn't your people stand to benefit from it too, if resources could be extracted from a rich world dedicated to production and free of restrictions imposed on it by the imperial navy? What is it that I can't see that keeps this option from being the better one for you as well as us?"

(2:45:03 AM) Hashutbot: Waci, creed charm: 100 [1d100=100]

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Elijah Creed

Elijah grunts as the Rogue Trader flees, and glances to the gathered men. After a moment, he follows the trader and the Eldar, his arms folded across his chest. "The xeno is BLUFFING, Elihponex. I care not if the alien is insulted; they are lying to you and continue to lie to your face, and are impeding the work of the Navy. It lied about why it wanted the one world, and it is lying further about that! It gives no reason for us to not settle; and when we press it on it, offer it more to settle both, its desperation fades!"

The priest is getting red in the face now as he begins to build momentum in his speech. "The alien either needs those resources so desperately they would take fewer of them, but will not take the opportunity to gain more by letting us settle both?! This IS a matter of faith, Rogue Trader; you are being lead astray by the lies of the alien, the very thing I have warned you about and the very Emperor speaks against! You leave the safety of your men for your greed! For THEIR! GREED!" He jabs his finger at the retreating elder as he speaks, baring his teeth as he steps in front of the Rogue Trader. "They are playing you, and they are playing the Imperium! Sweet God-Emperor, forgive Your servant! Remember he is but a man, and can be lead ASTRAY!"

He turns suddenly from the Trader, pointing at the retreating Eldar. "So tell us the truth, alien! Would we find an atrocity you have performed upon that planet, a blasphemous act in the eyes of our holy God-Emperor? Signs of your decadence and harlotry? Or perhaps a fledgling colony that would one day rise against us? Something you fear we would stamp out? Because that is all your kind is worried about, isn't it? Your own survival?"

Creed sneers. "If they are not looking to work with us, Lord Trader, they will be looking to work against us. They cannot leave." The priest speaks with resolution, his brow darkening.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Isendor Dunrain

Isendor does not turn around, ignoring the rogue trader as he follows, "these negotiations have concluded Elihponex, your lapdog over there has won the day. May your endeavors be fruitful, and may the knowledge that you let the locations of mineral-rich worlds slip thorough your fingers not haunt your dreams."

Isendor continues to walk, his hand dropping near his holster in case the mon'keigh would deign not letting them leave.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Olga
In a rare moment of mental clarity and compassion for the dancing monkeigh, she turns to Elihponex and quickly whispers

"Okay I don't know why everyone is being all secretive and weird, but you've got tyranids on the way. It'll be a few months but I don't think you can get backup in time." She glances over the rouge trader's shoulder, hoping the angry priest wasn't headed their way.

"I dunno if you can convince your uh, priest, but I'd rather work together than against you guys. And well, I guess moving to a different planet would be the easiest solution.." The elf shrugs and grins. "But you don't seem too interested in that."

Mad Moxxi
Apr 29, 2010

It's tough being cute.
Shae

"Can we get going, pleaaaaaase?" Shae is on the verge of whining.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Isendor Dunrain

For the first time since coming aboard, Isendor lets his true emotions come through, as he launches a stare that could destroy a hive world at Olga. He then turns to the Rogue Trader, "The simpleton is correct. This is has all be a ploy to stop you from settling on that world. Soon, in the cosmic scale of things, a Tyranid hive fleet will enter the sector, descend upon that world, and, if you've populated it, grow fat on the inhabitants before moving on."

The elf throws the charts on the ground, "those are fake. Being a Rogue Trader, we thought we could seduce you from your intended destination to one out of the way of the Tyranids, but you've proven to be the worst Rogue Trader I've seen in the greed department. So listen to us and settle elsewhere. If you don't these craft worlder's people would rather massacre your colonists than let the Tyranids grow fat on them."

Isendor walks away, having failed at his mission.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Elijah Creed

Creed turns red at the xenos' admission of lying the entire time. He growls, gritting his teeth. "That has to be nothing but a further ploy to prevent us from taking what is rightfully humanity's. You filthy aliens do little more than lie, and even by your own confession you have been lying to our face the entire time!" He looks around, trying to think of something to do, and lets out an exasperated cry.

"What are you idiot guards waiting for?! Stop them!"

Dunno if they'll listen to me or not, letting that be a GM decision rather than a command roll. :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Ulli

Though he doesn't understand the language, Ulli is more than used to that tone of voice. It was hostile, and the human was shouting toward others with weapons. He's not ready to unload on the aliens just yet, but Ulli is more than willing to try and dissuade them from doing anything rash. He steps between the shouting man and Isendor, glaring down at the former from his grim faceplate.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Faervel

Not knowing what their "leader" is saying, Faervel can't make out anything other than the fact that the situation had clearly escalated. As he personally had no desire to do battle outside the confines of an armored vehicle, he simply warily retreated towards the middle back of the group. He did grab the tossed scrolls out of the air though, as you never knew when they might come in handy.

Eldar, at least of the Craftworlds, don't lie, they merely go with Exact Words, so those charts are likely real.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Elihponex looks at Olga with a mixture of surprise, alarm, and doubt. "That would certainly explain why you would want to keep us off the planet, and I can't think of anything I'd rather stay out of the way of than a tyranid swarm, but your leader's deceptiveness puts your words in doubt too, no matter how much more sense they make to me." He sounds almost regretful. While the rogue trader is making excuses for not believing Olga, Creed's squad of guards jogs forward to catch up with Isendor and block your exit. "I'm sure you understand. For what it's worth, I'll warn the Navy of potential tyranid activity. If you're telling the truth, maybe they can bolster their defences enough to make up for the difference. Without evidence, I'm sorry but that's the best I ca-"

The rogue trader's apology is cut off by a metallic thunk as one of the ceiling panels falls to the floor, followed by a quick fleshy thud and a short scream as one of Creed's bodyguards is yanked up and disappears into the hole above. The left half of him falls down a second later, swiftly followed by a tyranid nearly large enough to fill the hallway and the other half of the unfortunate guard. As soon as the first tyranid lands, another wall tile clatters to the floor in front of Isendor, and more tyranids jump out of the holes above you, cutting you off from the hangar and landing amongst the group. Those closest to the hangar also see a group of ratings, some of them visibly mutated and all of them thus presumably genestealer hybrids, emerge from a maintenance tunnel in an adjacent room.

Here's a map for you.
Initiative (bolded people are up):
Isendor: 18
Faervel: 18
Innaz: 18
Mayvan: 18
Olga: 16

Lictors: 16
Dorien: 13
Ulli'amon: 12
Shae: 12
Kesune: 12
Genestealers: 12
Genestealer Cultist Horde 1 (Mag 15/15): 12
Creed's guards (US 4/5): 9
Elihponex and bodyguard (US 3/3): 8
Elihponex's Guards: 8
Genestealer Cultist Horde 2 (Mag 15/15): 8
Creed: 7

Since we're actually finally getting in combat for real, combat blocks and so on, please. Sorry it took a loving month to write two paragraphs, I'm a tad busy with other things, like exams and Dark Souls.

Waci fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 16, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Isendor Dunrain

"That would be your proof you Mon-Keigh Shitheel," Isendor mutters under his breath as the xenos emerge from the ceilings. Drawing his power sword and his pistol, he focuses on the nearest lictor as he fires and then attacks with his sword.

Okay, semi auto burst from the suriken pistol at a 32(42-10(dual wield w/o sidearm talent) and then a normal attack from the sword at a 42(42-10 (dual wield w/o sidearm)+10 normal attack.

Come on folks let's kill tyranids :getin:

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
42     42     33   33     46     37      41      39     44
Wounds: 11/11 Fate: 2/2 

Armor: 4 all

Relevant Talents: 
-Ambidextrous: may use either hand equally, reduces dual wield penalty by 10
-Two weapon wielder ranged & melee) Combined May make an attack with two melee, two ranged, or one melee one ranged 

Skills: Dodge 46, 

Traits:
Unnatural agi (2)

Weapons: (talent mods included)
Name                                 Range  Fire     Damage     Pen  Ammo   Reload  Qualities  
Power sword                          ----   ---      1d10+7E     8   ---    ------  Power field, balanced
Suriken pistol (1 of 2)               30m   S/3/5    1d10+2R     4   40/40  2 full  Reliable
Suriken pistol (2 of 2)               30m   S/3/5    1d10+2R     4   40/40  2 full  Reliable

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Innaz Kartovac

Innaz awakens from his deep, deep meditation that he forced himself upon ever since the negotiations with filthy monkeigh started. He almost unconsciously brings his Death-Spinners up when Tyranids appear from nowhere. This xenos race truly was an immense threat.

The Warp Spider turns around to one of the terrible Lictors almost in melee range with him, his intimidating and dangerous scything talons near. He was the priority target.

Half Action Aim and Half Action Semi Auto Burst vs 88 (48 +30 Point Blank Range +10 Aim)

code:
32     48     29   31     53     37      45      38     37

Wounds: 12/11 Fate: 2/2  Armor: 7 all

Relevant Talents: 
Storm of Iron

Skills: Dodge 53 

Traits:
Unnatural agi (2)

Weapons: (talent mods included)
Name                                 Range  Fire     Damage     Pen  Ammo   Reload  Qualities  
Death-Spinner                        30m  S/3/-     2d10+8 R     0  20/20    Full    Devastating [1], Reliable, Tearing, Crippling [3] 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Faervel Elurmin

Of course. Of course there would be Tyranids on the Rogue Trader's ship. And here he was outside of something preferably heavily armed and armored.

Feeling distinctly underarmed and naked to be going up against genestealers, let alone lictors, Faervel decided to take a few steps back and take cover next to the Rogue Trader and in the group of guards. Pulling out his sidearm, he took a shot at the nearest 'Stealer.

Shooting the genestealer next to Ulli.

Half Action-Move below(on the map) Elihponex.
Half Action-Standard Attack: TN66(46[BS] + 10[Short Range] + 10[Standard Attack])

pre:
33     46     28   31     54     40      45      38     34

Wounds: 10/10 Fate: 2/2  Armor: 4 all

Dodge: 54

Traits:
Unnatural agi (2)

Weapon:
Shuriken Pistol                      30m    S/3/5    1d10+2 R    4  40/40   2 Full  Reliable 

• Locked thread