Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Regnevelc posted:

That sucks man. Two of my buddies have tickets and cannot go now.

E: Roo goers, bring some of the powdered Pedialite! Drink one in the AM, mid-day, and at night and you won't feel dehyradated. Doubly so if you're drinking. My wife and I always go through 3 boxes at Roo.

I really want to but man it'd be really irresponsible and almost all my buds are tied up in school or studying for the bar :/

As for gear, I highly recommend a camelbak. I don't know how I would have gotten through the thing without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is anyone here going to Roskilde? The lineup was so good that I decided to get a ticket and join a CouchSurfing related camp.

Lineup: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3148995/Schedule%202014.pdf

Includes: Classixx, Outkast, Rolling Stones, Haim, Bastille, Mogwai, Kavinsky, Chromeo and Stevie Wonder

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Riot Fest Chicago got the rest of the bands added today, most notably Primus. Not exactly the most surprising festival band, but the lineup was already great.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Just heard about Hudson Music Project in Saugerties New York. Kind of close to Woodstock, but not too close to Bethel.
http://hudsonmusicproject.com/
Notable Acts that excite me
Day 1: Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips, Flying Lotus
Day 2: Kendrick Lamar, Bonobo, Matt & Kim, Three, Moby, Four Tet
Day 3: Bassnectar, Infected Mushroom

Gonna see if I can make a summer out of this, Common Grounds, then following Rx Bandits for a few stops

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
To anyone who's been to Sonisphere in Knebworth in the past - Would it be ok to roll up Friday morning, or should we go on Thursday evening to make sure we get camping space. My friend is planting the seed of doubt in my mind.

Cheers!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

henpod posted:

To anyone who's been to Sonisphere in Knebworth in the past - Would it be ok to roll up Friday morning, or should we go on Thursday evening to make sure we get camping space. My friend is planting the seed of doubt in my mind.

Cheers!

You'll be fine on the Friday, all the places close to the arena will be taken but they are the worst anyway, it'll probably be easier for you as you'll miss the huge rush to get in on the Thursday.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Cool, thanks. Will aim to get there at 10 am on the Friday or something I guess.

This is going to be awesome :getin:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Doing Bunbury this weekend. The lineup isn't mindblowing but at the very least Andrew WK Saturday night should be fun to get really drunk for.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to Xponetial Fest this year

Susquehanna Bank Center
7/26
Ryan Adams
Jenny Lewis
Dawes
7/27
Beck
Band of Horses
The Districts

Wiggins Park
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Trigger Hippy (featuring Joan Osborne, Jackie Greene & Steve Gorman)
Lake Street Dive
Old 97's
The Hold Steady
Lucius
Hurray for the Riff Raff
C.J. Chenier and the Red Hot Louisiana Band
Man Man
Nicole Atkins
Diego Garcia
James Cotton
Houndmouth
J. Roddy Walston & The Business
Dave Hause
Marah
Jeremy Messersmith
Caitlin Rose
Bear's Den
The Lawsuits
Marian Hill
Ginger Coyle
Our Griffins
Viv and the Revival
Commonwealth Choir

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

All my northern california goons: A good festival.

They're all the acts that are showing up at our FYFfest in LA. You should go to this.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 12, 2014

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Too close to the burn

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Reporting back to say Andrew WK was loving crazy.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
My number one thing for festivals are emergency blankets (basically a large sheet of tin foil).

Strap that on top of your tent with clothes pegs and your tent will never get to sweltering temperatures inside the tent (so no more 9/10am gasping for air and crawling out of your tent for survival)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
lol

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
If anyone in Chicago for some reason didn't want to/couldn't go to all 3 days of Riot Fest, single and 2-day passes are now available.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The Riot Fest Chicago schedule was released.

Some of these choices are SO ROUGH goddamn.

http://chicago.riotfest.org/?sort=day

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Riot Fest Toronto owns hard except security was the most intense I've seen in 10 years. Got patted down three times and backpack ripped apart,

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I need one extra one day ticket for this Sunday for ACL?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Coachella
Gov Ball
e Zoo
Edc NYC
TomorrowWorld
Iheartradio
ACL

So far this year

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Who attended Imagine Music Festival in Atlanta this year? They have been doing customer appreciation presales for next year (Labor Day weekend) at $50 + fees, comes out to about $56. Looks like they have another one going until 9 PM EST tonight. Tell me about it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Anyone else getting in on that Electric Forest loyalty presale tomorrow?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

Anyone else getting in on that Electric Forest loyalty presale tomorrow?

This post should kick off the 2015 festival thread! ITS COMING!!!!

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Predictions: Lana Del Rey to headline Governors Ball, and loving Drake to headline everything in 2015.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

A true low point for festivals if thats true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I don't know if there is a 2015 Festival Thread in the works, I haven't seen one. But the Bonnaroo lineup dropped a month early. Also, if you're interested in going with goons, check out the Bonnagoons thread over here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3694763

• Locked thread