Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Adding Ben Saunders' Omoplata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Do we have a category for "Best Bad Fight of the Year" because if so this is #1 with a bullet

Vick/Lazaro, UFN 49

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Adding Yancy Medeiros' sub from tonight

http://gfycat.com/OptimisticDifficultJaguar

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Fentry posted:

Adding Yancy Medeiros' sub from tonight

http://gfycat.com/OptimisticDifficultJaguar

Thats really wierd, it looks like he didn't lose consciousness till after he let go.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Adding Tamden McCrory's 19 second walk-off KO return:

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

So this was a fun night, making multiple additions to the comedy category. I'm trying to figure out how to accurately describe the whole Bonnar/Tito incident

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fentry posted:

So this was a fun night, making multiple additions to the comedy category. I'm trying to figure out how to accurately describe the whole Bonnar/Tito incident

That goes in the other half of PSP's awards

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Fight of the Year: Lauzon vs Chiesa

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Can we make a specific best post-fight interview award? If so, I'd like to nominate Big Ben Rothwell for the Overeem fight, and in advance of any interview he'll ever do, and also retroactively for his past interviews as well.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
KO of the year:
Mark Hunt vs Roy Nelson
Melvin Manhoef vs Doug Marshall

Worst fight of the year:
Rin Nakai vs Miesha Tate

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Adding Cat Zingano vs Amanda Nunes for FOTY and round 1 for ROTY

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Palelei-Krylov Award for Comedy in MMA

Yoel Romero post-fight interview.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Fight of the Year: Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes 2 UFC 179

Round of the Year: Round 1, Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes 2 UFC 179

Round of the Year: Round 3, Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes 2 UFC179

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lid posted:

Yoel Romero post-fight interview.

Forever this. Romero is a goddamn treasure.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
KOotY - Louis Smolka ko's richie vas via bruce lee

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

http://gfycat.com/ImpossibleSnarlingGalapagosmockingbird someone threw a potato into the octagon

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
COTY Bisping vs Rockhold

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

SOTY candidates were Rockhold vs. Bisping and Matthews vs. Rocha.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

canoshiz posted:

COTY Bisping vs Rockhold

yep

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

canoshiz posted:

COTY Bisping vs Rockhold

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

canoshiz posted:

COTY Bisping

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Niiiice

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

I can be subtle sometimes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
COTY: UFC 180

KOTY: Werdum/Hunt

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

KOTY: Eduard Folayang vs. Timofey Nastyukhin, ONE FC

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

KOTY: Josh Samman vs Eddie Gordon (head kick) http://gfycat.com/MiniatureDangerousChinchilla

SOTY: Raquel Pennington vs Ashlee Evans-Smith (bulldog choke) http://gfycat.com/KindlyScaryAxolotl
SOTY: Anthony Pettis vs Gilbert Melendez (guillotine choke) http://www.gfycat.com/ScaredFondDipper

Card of the Year: UFC 181

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

colonel_korn posted:

KOTY: Josh Samman vs Eddie Gordon (head kick) http://gfycat.com/MiniatureDangerousChinchilla

You wouldn't believe how hard I laughed at this.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Hey Fentry, are you going to make a new one for 2015? This has been really cool to remind me of all the cool stuff that has happened this year.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Hey Fentry, are you going to make a new one for 2015? This has been really cool to remind me of all the cool stuff that has happened this year.

If Fentry doesn't, someone else should. The year end Awards Voting would be way harder without this thread.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Agreed. Also, it sort of didn't matter that the thread hasn't been made yet because that Jones vs Cormier card won't be nominated for anything unless we make a "Most Bland Event" category. I guess Felder's KO could qualify

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bubba Smith posted:

Agreed. Also, it sort of didn't matter that the thread hasn't been made yet because that Jones vs Cormier card won't be nominated for anything unless we make a "Most Bland Event" category. I guess Felder's KO could qualify

Best Moment - the gently caress YOU leg kicks

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I'll make a new thread soon I guess, any suggestions for anything that should be changed?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fentry posted:

I'll make a new thread soon I guess, any suggestions for anything that should be changed?

Cut and paste the voting form from the Awards thread so people know all the different things to put up as candidates.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That's a lot to keep track of. Next year I promise I won't be an idiot and will look into your thread though to see what new ideas people actually care about voting on.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

That's a lot to keep track of. Next year I promise I won't be an idiot and will look into your thread though to see what new ideas people actually care about voting on.

Whoever makes the new thread, put the whole voting categories in the OP. If people come up with new categories throughout the year, we'll edit them into the OP so at the end of the year we can just bring it over into the awards thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

fatherdog posted:

Whoever makes the new thread, put the whole voting categories in the OP. If people come up with new categories throughout the year, we'll edit them into the OP so at the end of the year we can just bring it over into the awards thread.

• Locked thread