Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I hope the splitscreen code gets worked on. I tried it out with a couple of friends and while the game more or less worked fine, there were still some issues. Sound was a big one; only one player had sound, and it switched from person to person arbitrarily. Also skyboxes were low-res and didn't even appear for the third player. Figuring out how to use the controller in create mode was impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
Yeah, don't take that first build with the feature as representative of anything. Everything's still a work in progress. Skyboxes are also in the process of changing, partly to work better in splitscreen. You'll soon be able to adjust the skybox resolution yourself in game settings (I like the low res ones but it won't be default. They'll look cooler when more of the skyboxes have animated components too).

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

The Radix posted:

Yeah, don't take that first build with the feature as representative of anything. Everything's still a work in progress. Skyboxes are also in the process of changing, partly to work better in splitscreen. You'll soon be able to adjust the skybox resolution yourself in game settings (I like the low res ones but it won't be default. They'll look cooler when more of the skyboxes have animated components too).

I love the low-resness too. My friends and I understood that it was pre-alpha and we're liking what's available so far.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Trying the latest version (v0.3.4286) I'm just stuck at the login screen forever.

edit: logging in as a guest if that matters. In any case restarting the application or my computer doesn't let me change anything.

Cicero fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 8, 2014

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Can you only set invert controller globally, not per-player for splitscreen?

Did you ever figure out how to do more than 5 players? Is it just extra DirectInput controllers?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Gunscape got mentioned on slashdot

http://games-beta.slashdot.org/story/14/10/28/0535216/quake-meets-minecraft-in-fps-construction-kit-gunscape

and Grabit magazine

http://www.grabitmagazine.com/blog/...-and-minecraft/

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
We haven't seen that helicopter before. Nor those arm cannons!

Is that "Out in December" at the top of the magazine shot a confirmed release date? What does that exactly mean with a game that has a release cycle like Gunscape's? Are we moving into the next stage of development?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Segmentation Fault posted:

We haven't seen that helicopter before. Nor those arm cannons!
Those aren't cannons. They're Marathon-style akimbo shotguns!

Segmentation Fault posted:

Is that "Out in December" at the top of the magazine shot a confirmed release date? What does that exactly mean with a game that has a release cycle like Gunscape's? Are we moving into the next stage of development?
Judging by the fact they were only showing the Xbone build at PAX Aus, I'm guessing it's when they release that and a matching PC build.

• Locked thread