Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Ruggington posted:

a bridge too far i think

not far enuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Monaghan posted:

I don't think the length of this episode s a big deal in this case, as the Vegeta vs Cell fight had a hell of a lot of material to work with.

Yeah, the amount of episode they use really varies. Also, it's just a really weir complaint. Who cares how many material they use as long as they have good jokes to go with it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

I dunno, I thought it was funny. But then again I also use punctuation and the fabled shift key so different strokes for different folks?

You need to lurk more if you think people on this forum give a poo poo about whether or not someone employs the shift key

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

if your sole argument is "at least I use the shift key" then you are already admitting defeat

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Abridging is more a brand than an actual thing. Though who the gently caress expected this to just the regular show without the filler? It has never been that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Can we all just agree that Vegeta rules

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Well the thread's doing this again it seems. Here let's change the topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBbeloUlQwc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbSDMHrO380

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozM3Chgvq-o

Pick your poison.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The short length of the last two episodes is almost certainly because they're trying to pace things so the Cell Saga ends on Episode 60.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Good videos 👍

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm sort of impressed they actually re-recorded linework for the super saiyan forms despite the same quotes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Some Numbers posted:

I have this weird feeling that 18's not getting absorbed until episode 51. Might be the tail end of 50.

So, I guess I"m clairvoyant. :shrug:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

In It For The Tank posted:

The short length of the last two episodes is almost certainly because they're trying to pace things so the Cell Saga ends on Episode 60.

I don't get it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Covok posted:

I don't get it.

Vegeta ended on 10, Frieza ended on 30, they like round numbers.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

tbp posted:

there are so many lines in the abridges things that make me cringe a bit tho. like vegeta saying "bitch im adorable". who is that funny to?

*raises hand*

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

tbp posted:

there are so many lines in the abridges things that make me cringe a bit tho. like vegeta saying "bitch im adorable". who is that funny to? the production values are really good tho.

I thought it was a nice reversal of expectation. You'd think Vegeta'd get irked at the dismissiveness, but instead he takes it and self-aggrandizes it into an even bigger compliment.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought the fruit joke was a bit tasteless tbh.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

TheKingofSprings posted:

it was funny to me

E: hell, I think I laughed out loud more this episode than I did in the last 3-4 combined, and that's what I watch this poo poo for

I'm so sorry.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
RIP Dragonball Z thread.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Ak Gara posted:

I'm so sorry.

:gas:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So it's come to this, has it?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Son of a bitch.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
...Eggplant!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ak Gara posted:

I'm so sorry.

Burn the thread to the ground, salt the earth so nothing can grow.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Would you believe that pony thing shares its voice actor with Vegeta

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Testekill posted:

Burn the thread to the ground, salt the earth so nothing can grow.

Do you think it's time to start a new DBZ thread?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
We can never talk about DBZ ever again

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even if we kill this thread now, that won't stop someone from bringing it back with the Dragon Balls.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Raxivace posted:

I thought the fruit joke was a bit tasteless tbh.

on what planet

TheKingofSprings posted:

it was funny to me

E: hell, I think I laughed out loud more this episode than I did in the last 3-4 combined, and that's what I watch this poo poo for

yeah agreed, i've been a big naysayer for the last few episodes but this one was a real return to form

was very happy to see that

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Two Finger posted:

on what planet

It just straddled a little close to the terrible gay jokes from the Namek episodes for me.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raxivace posted:

It just straddled a little close to the terrible gay jokes from the Namek episodes for me.

I read it as kinda lampshading them but maybe that's just me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Vegeta's an rear end in a top hat so it's also completely in character for him

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Very little humor is inoffensive, all people just have different lines in the sand for what they consider acceptable and not.

Most of the jokes in the show are at the expense of someone else, after all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mordaedil posted:

Very little humor is inoffensive, all people just have different lines in the sand for what they consider acceptable and not.

Most of the jokes in the show are at the expense of someone else, after all.

yeah i guess this is true, i just don't find gay jokes offensive i guess :shrug:

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

We've reached ponies. Time to shut down the thread and start over. Burn it all, at a minimum of 8 inches into the ground too. Have to kill the roots.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This thread will now be destroyed.

Prospective OPs of the new thread would do well to contact me regarding the location of the Dragon Balls to bring it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT0Fho9SUrg

• Locked thread