Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Testekill posted:

I can't think of a bad melee character. However Bro Hard, both Chuck Norris characters & Universal Broldier are all pretty lame. Broldier at least has the revive serum which is cool but they all are pretty bad in their own way.
Walker and Universal Soldier both have good basic weapons though. I definitely agree that John McClane and MIA Chuck Norris are the worst characters in the game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Accordion Man posted:

Walker and Universal Soldier both have good basic weapons though. I definitely agree that John McClane and MIA Chuck Norris are the worst characters in the game though.

I dunno, I just feel that Universal Soldiers weapon just fires to slowly to be considered good.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, grenade launcher chuck is awful except in certain,very specific, circumstances. Die Hard guy isn't necessarily bad (it seems like his fire rate has gotten buffed recently?) but he's boring as sin and his special is basically worthless.

So far as universal soldier, I almost never find myself using the revive ability. It's cool when you pull it off, but it becomes useless in the latter half of the game when the map layouts are more complicated because the guys you revive aren't usually smart enough to follow you far enough to be useful.

Thoughts on the new guys? William Wallace is OK, though i think he's generally outclassed by Conan, who plays similiarly. I don't think Rocketeer fits the theme worth a drat, and his primary weapon is too weak, but his ability is fun and being able to jump into the middle of a group of guys and then rocket back out to set them on fire is a lot of fun.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

rj54x posted:

Yeah, grenade launcher chuck is awful except in certain,very specific, circumstances. Die Hard guy isn't necessarily bad (it seems like his fire rate has gotten buffed recently?) but he's boring as sin and his special is basically worthless.

So far as universal soldier, I almost never find myself using the revive ability. It's cool when you pull it off, but it becomes useless in the latter half of the game when the map layouts are more complicated because the guys you revive aren't usually smart enough to follow you far enough to be useful.

Thoughts on the new guys? William Wallace is OK, though i think he's generally outclassed by Conan, who plays similiarly. I don't think Rocketeer fits the theme worth a drat, and his primary weapon is too weak, but his ability is fun and being able to jump into the middle of a group of guys and then rocket back out to set them on fire is a lot of fun.
Universal Soldier's revive is actually one of the best abilities in co-op because it revives other players and gives them an extra life.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Universal Soldier's revive is actually one of the best abilities in co-op because it revives other players and gives them an extra life.

:psyboom:

Wife and I have played >100 hours of co-op and neither of us ever thought to try this. Mind blown.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

rj54x posted:

Wife and I have played >100 hours of co-op and neither of us ever thought to try this. Mind blown.
If it makes you feel slightly better I've played over thirty hours and I've only recently learned that the chick from Planet Terror can shoot straight if you duck.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 10, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This all seems so familiar...

rj54x posted:

I really hope better buddy AI will come in later patches.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

If it makes you feel slightly better I've played over thirty hours and I've only recently learned that the chick from Planet Terror can shoot straight if you duck.

Don't feel bad, this was just recently added in the last patch.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

rj54x posted:

Best use of universal soldier:

Grenade launcher is great apart from with aliens rushing towards you as you have 0 stopping power.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

So there is a new set of levels (on world campaign) with a new boss and variation on an alien enemy!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Accordion Man posted:

What the goddamn christ. Neither I, nor any of my friends that I play co op with ever knew this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wait there's AI Co-op in this?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

The Brofessional:

quote:

DEATH MATCH UPGRADE!
Death Match levels are now able to be published, played and rated via the Steam Workshop.

ONLINE UPDATES
FNET now smarter at switching between relay server and P2P.
Cutscenes no longer cause terrain not to be destroyed.
Bros now invulnerable for the entire cutscene.
Reduced character popping and teleporting.
Reduced ping spikes when loading the next level.

BUG FIXES & TWEAKS!
ENEMIES

Brute got new head and more death frames.
Machines now show damage state before stun wears off.
Improved mook walk cycle.
Brute is now less susceptible to falling damage.
Special death frames on grenadier fixed.
Mech no loner dissapears when flexing.

ENVIRONMENT

Added explosion range indicator to explosions that it was missing on.

BOSSES

Megacockter boss no longer keeps going up without you if you drop down without getting shot.
Boss intro screens. Fixed bug getting stuck on intro screen if exiting to menu during intro.
Melee damage works better against terrain bosses.

BROS

Banelings no longer makes almost never-ending screech sound when stabbed by Brodator's spear.
The Brode, Mr. Anderbro no longer grow third arms on ziplines.
Bro Dredd's taser is less loud.
Fixed bros falling off ladder when knifing/melee'ing.
Combat Flexing with Bro Max no longer turns him invisible.
Fixed Rambro and Brocketeer falling off ladder when firing.
Scout mook death animations added for Double Bro 7 and Brochete melee attacks.
Brodator spearing enemy against mech no longer makes spear float.

LEVEL EDITOR, ONLINE & UI

Boulders now place blocks on the map for pathfinding.
Fixed bug preventing exit of World Map on controller.
Crates now place themselves on the map (confusing aliens less).
Scouts are now more interested in switches.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Did the fix the bug where you can only play with people in your region so all my friends I bought the game for in America can't play with me?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

QwertySanchez posted:

Did the fix the bug where you can only play with people in your region so all my friends I bought the game for in America can't play with me?

Keeping foreigners out? Sounds like patriotism to me! :patriot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Is there some way to choose your character? There's way too many garbage tier characters. Especially Chuck Norris. gently caress that guy.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Is there some way to choose your character? There's way too many garbage tier characters. Especially Chuck Norris. gently caress that guy.

It'd kinda defeat the purpose of the game because why would anyone ever be anyone but Brodator if they could?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Poor taste. I'd be fine with some kinda mode or whatever that let you set the pool of bros that can spawn.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
How about starting with a random dude and then being able to pick from the bros you save?

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
I'd be interested in a choose your bro mode, not because some of the characters are crap (some are definitely better than others, but there's very few who aren't at least situationally useful) but more because doing an all mcguyver or all neo run sounds fun as hell.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
one of the reasons this game is so good is that I'm even starting to enjoy playing as Grenade Chuck occasionally.

I still scramble like hell to find another bro when I get him, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

At least he can do karate now.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
to be honest, it's all in the perfectly '80s-action-movie reactions. Drop a grenade down a ladder shaft, get the comedically timed double-take from the mooks before everything explodes.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Out of EA in 15 October
http://steamcommunity.com/games/274190/announcements/detail/83672696741293505
Lame if they won't fix menus and online co-op.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rj54x posted:

I'd be interested in a choose your bro mode, not because some of the characters are crap (some are definitely better than others, but there's very few who aren't at least situationally useful) but more because doing an all mcguyver or all neo run sounds fun as hell.

Yeah randomized bros are pretty important to the core game, but I'd be down for a side mode that forced you to play all as one bro (especially the bad ones) or a mode that let you pick a pool of bros to be selected from, like if you could turn bros on/off like smash bros. (heh)

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Launch trailer is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_loRDrWCv10

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Why doesn't it look like a worn out old VHS cassette recording? :(

Still an awesome trailer though, when did the masked henchmen become undead?

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
New end set of levels, set in hell. Hence undead mooks.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

New update and sounds like it addresses an issue people had about wanting to play as a single bro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bZGzSrAgQE

Main game relevant bits

quote:

NEW BROS!

The latest update to Broforce includes two new lightning wielding bros of Lambertian origin, the immortal Brolander and thunder god Broden, each with their own attacks and special moves.

TACTICAL OPS!

Tactical missions far behind enemy lines... with a single bro. Players can test their Broforce knowledge in these missions and maybe learn a couple tricks in the process.

SUPPLY DROPS!

All bros now have access to new tactical items like All-American Supply Drops™, alien pheromones to distract xenomorphs, and performance enhancing drugs for that extra little boost when the odds are against them.

Other info about soundtrack, behind the scenes and merch linked in their news post

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Been a while since I played the game and I must say I'm enjoying all the changes.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I'm replaying on PS4 and it has this weird issue where 3-5 seconds into a level I lose control of the character for a second or two. Like they just freeze.

Made the force field section way harder than it needed to be.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Fumaofthelake posted:

I'm replaying on PS4 and it has this weird issue where 3-5 seconds into a level I lose control of the character for a second or two. Like they just freeze.

Made the force field section way harder than it needed to be.

I'm having this exact same issue.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Spikey posted:

I'm having this exact same issue.

I thought the 1.01 patch would fix it but it didn't.

Wondering if everyone on ps4 has it or certain models or what. Hard to picture someone playing through Ironbro with this issue but it's been done.

Edit: it's not universal but hopefully they patch it. Someone said you could skip the freeze by pausing and waiting for the freeze up in the pause menu but haven't tried personally.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

1.02 patch on PS4 mostly fixed the freeze. Instead of being a few seconds the freeze is either gone or like a quarter second.

• Locked thread