Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Scribbleykins posted:

Real good question there. Tycho?

I'm waiting on the answer to this before I proceed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011

John Dyne posted:

e: Also, did Kragg take the wound INSTEAD of the elf, or alongside her?

Instead.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Welp, this game is Bloodborne now (end predicted: :unsmigghh:). I guess she did kind of end up bathing in his blood - Elizabeth Bathory style - so it makes sense the thief would yoink summa dat divine mojo.

Also: Oh wow, a power up! I'm really torn now. I would like some special social power for Matti (especially as there might be confused and angry elves to placate once this is over), but a) Johann and Erik are both already down that road and b) there are some really neat situational benefits to her Major power. Like... flying. Flying is really neat. Your enemies can't stab you when you can fly. Anyway, I'll fiddle around with the concept of a social-ish elven/thief bloodline power for Matti, but if I can't find something good, I might just go with frickin' flight.

As for the maze trick... I can't recall any references or hints (but then again, we've had 'stacked boxes' levels of not seeing the obvious before...), so it must be something comparatively simple and straightforward. Is it that the numbers change up between every time you pass through, so you have to know elvish and follow them in order to get where you're going (1, 2, 3 then 4)? Also, might it possibly be that you have to follow them in reverse in order to get back?

If it's not, I'm going to roll Int. Matti's had enough Viledel in her head for now. (Ew, human thinking.)

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
When will you get the chance to fly around in a warhammer game again?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

IPlayVideoGames posted:

When will you get the chance to fly around in a warhammer game again?

Next time I run one.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

TychoBrahesNose posted:

figure out the one weird trick to walking the maze

GMs HATE her!!!!

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Lets see if Johann doesn't botch ambushing and backstabbing Kraggthe demon.

John Dyne posted:

GMs HATE her!!!!

That exact thing came to mind.

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 26, 2017

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

Next time I run one.

Well now, I'm not sure if being launched from catapults counts as much as 'flying' as it does 'being used as missile weapons'.

John Dyne posted:

GMs HATE her!!!!

goddamn

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011

Scribbleykins posted:

As for the maze trick... I can't recall any references or hints (but then again, we've had 'stacked boxes' levels of not seeing the obvious before...), so it must be something comparatively simple and straightforward. Is it that the numbers change up between every time you pass through, so you have to know elvish and follow them in order to get where you're going (1, 2, 3 then 4)? Also, might it possibly be that you have to follow them in reverse in order to get back?

If it's not, I'm going to roll Int. Matti's had enough Viledel in her head for now. (Ew, human thinking.)

Yeah, it's hard when the posts about this were months ago, whereas in real-time around a gaming table you and al-Rahib would've gone through the maze like an hour ago. I'd suggest going back and reading the bits of the game thread where al-Rahib is giving you the grand tour and see what clues you can pick up. Otherwise, go ahead and post your Int roll.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TychoBrahesNose posted:

Yeah, it's hard when the posts about this were months ago, whereas in real-time around a gaming table you and al-Rahib would've gone through the maze like an hour ago. I'd suggest going back and reading the bits of the game thread where al-Rahib is giving you the grand tour and see what clues you can pick up. Otherwise, go ahead and post your Int roll.

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything that appears numeral-related. Int roll it is!

As for alternative bloodline powers, thinking up things took longer than I anticipated. I also checked the rules and figured out that Hoverer wasn't quite as awesome as I thought it was when I made the power (probably getting confused with Warhammer 40K traits again :argh:). It turns out you're only able to fly 2 yards over the ground, which is still melee range and less than what I imagined. Still, moving on water as if it was solid ground was already a suggested Major power, and being unable to fall to your death near major water sources is probably a good and cool thing, so I'm happy to let it stay as-is.

It did, however, make me think more seriously about getting a serious alternative 'social' power. Here's what I have, pending Tycho's input and approval:

quote:

Word of God (Fellowship)

You possess the Charm and Blather skills. (Charm being an upgrade)
The Major power gives you the ability to make outrageous assertions about yourself without penalties to social rolls. Willpower resists.

Something like what al-Rahib had, probably.

quote:

Elven Glamour (Fellowship)

You possess the Charm and Disguise skills. (Both upgrades.)
The Major power gives you the ability to Strike to Stun rolling Charm to attack and Fellowship to confirm.
Subject must be intelligent, within 10 yards and resists with Willpower. Only one subject can be stunned at a time.

loving elves, man.

quote:

Loec's Favor (Fellowship)

You possess the Dodge Blow and Performer: Dancer skill.
The Major power gives you an inherent Dodge Blow (i.e. being incapacitated, bound or otherwise penalized won't count against dodging) that is determined by Fellowship rather than Agility.

Matti did half beat al-Rahib through deft maneuvering and she did trick him into bringing her into the one place where none of his allies could aid him. If that is not something the Shadow Dancer would approve of, I'm not sure what would!

So, what are your thoughts, guys? Should I go for one of these if Tycho allows, or just go with being a Hoverer near bodies of water? Also, I have a post half-written, but it's pending the choice of empowerment, so apologies for the further wait! I really should have gotten around to this sooner.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Being able to stun things by glaring at them hard enough seems to be better than hovering.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Will Erik decapitate the dwarf by proxy? The curiosity is killing me.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Will Erik decapitate the dwarf by proxy? The curiosity is killing me.

I feel like you already know the answer to that.

I mean if it were epicurius, we'd ALL know the answer to that.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

He may still manage to catch Otto on the backswing. Tycho, what's the roll for that?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Otto loses one of his few remaining teeth when Erik pulls his sword out and catches him in the mouth with a plate-mailed elbow.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

Otto loses one of his few remaining teeth when Erik pulls his sword out and catches him in the mouth with a plate-mailed elbow.

Life in the south has made Erik soft. What self-respecting berserker doesn't cleave into his friends with at least the same vim and vigor as his enemies? You practically had to be forced to do it with Kragg!

Scribbleykins posted:

It did, however, make me think more seriously about getting a serious alternative 'social' power. Here's what I have, pending Tycho's input and approval:

If none of the suggestions are considered applicable within a day or two by Tycho I'll go ahead and finish my post and go with the Hoverer Major power for Mists. I should have been clearer that I was waiting on input on this.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011

Scribbleykins posted:

If none of the suggestions are considered applicable within a day or two by Tycho I'll go ahead and finish my post and go with the Hoverer Major power for Mists. I should have been clearer that I was waiting on input on this.

And here I was waiting for your Int roll to solve the maze.

Yeah, any of the three powers you propose are perfectly fine. I like how you've crafted all of them to be pretty equal in strength (though with very different situational applicability).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TychoBrahesNose posted:

And here I was waiting for your Int roll to solve the maze.

Yeah, any of the three powers you propose are perfectly fine. I like how you've crafted all of them to be pretty equal in strength (though with very different situational applicability).

Thanks! I ended up going with Loec's Favor, because death is dangerous and I'd like to have less of it on my plate. Elven Glamour was a strong second, but its applicability wasn't as immediately useful as the Favor.

And, of course, the int roll is an abysmal failure. I can't wait to see what happens next. :ohdear:

• Locked thread