Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Took me a fair amount of googling to find the official site: http://dragonace.magicboxasia.com/

I'll give the English version a shot but I'm already a bit underwhelmed; you just choose one card every turn? Maybe it gets more interesting when you can build a whole deck?
Add me: ge702ee

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
new apk
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14206795/jp.co.asobism.drapoker-31.apk

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the long national nightmare is finally over

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

So Dragon Ace finally had an update that requires the play store, but I originally installed it from an apk since its out of my region. Any advice on installing/updating without losing my data?

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006

Crash_N_Burn posted:

So Dragon Ace finally had an update that requires the play store, but I originally installed it from an apk since its out of my region. Any advice on installing/updating without losing my data?

Downloading from the Magic Box Asia site and re-entering my account worked fine. Had to re-download everything though, so unless you hack around you'll probably have to sit through that.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in as Valatar, my code is k5f3851.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Been playing the English version (probably badly) and gave the Japanese version a shot yesterday. I was happy to find out I basically knew what every button does already, though of course I can't read any of the event details on the gacha page. Had to hit my first 40 on that one anyway because I started with jack poo poo and it gave me like 4 green S's so my team is now lopsided as hell. Also the button on the bottom was yellow but the description shows the normal rates going by the OP here.

I don't know/can't remember the fusions and it looks like they're about impossible to intentionally pull off with random people, so on the English I have just been working on pushing the few Link skill cards I have. They have a one free SS thing on there and I managed to pick one with a useless skill and it's still the only SS I have. So it has to sit in the ace spot just to get the most benefit from the one sub card slot I unlocked :saddowns:

Does the regular PP gacha ever get boosted in the events? I have been stockpiling on the English version because the material gacha always just gives me lovely gold slimes and the left button just spits out Ns.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
The yellow gatcha button doesn't mean boosted rates, it just means there's a guaranteed SS selection or some other event. Boosted rates was a misconception that never got corrected in the OP, I guess.

Fusions are generally undesirable, so I wouldn't worry about it. Skill links are good later, but early on you'll probably just want to focus on getting strong attackers so you can get through the normal dungeons without relying on randoms. It sucks that you got a useless SS, feel free to hop on IRC and ask us which to pick if you're not sure.

There's sometimes PP boosts, which give you 3x PP (like right now). But they're aren't any events that boost the rates from the normal or material gatchas. You can get SS from the left one at a really low rate (0.01%?), but super early on you might just want to pull materials to strengthen your guys. It does suck when they give you the gold shitters, but you will actually need gold someday.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Look Sharp! posted:

The yellow gatcha button doesn't mean boosted rates, it just means there's a guaranteed SS selection or some other event. Boosted rates was a misconception that never got corrected in the OP, I guess.

Fusions are generally undesirable, so I wouldn't worry about it. Skill links are good later, but early on you'll probably just want to focus on getting strong attackers so you can get through the normal dungeons without relying on randoms. It sucks that you got a useless SS, feel free to hop on IRC and ask us which to pick if you're not sure.

There's sometimes PP boosts, which give you 3x PP (like right now). But they're aren't any events that boost the rates from the normal or material gatchas. You can get SS from the left one at a really low rate (0.01%?), but super early on you might just want to pull materials to strengthen your guys. It does suck when they give you the gold shitters, but you will actually need gold someday.
Thanks. The SS choices on English were different and I didn't even know there was a thread at the time, but it's no big deal. I didn't stack my deck with links either cause I don't have that many but I wouldn't want more than one per color anyway. I find it's been helping to have them though. Good to know the PP gachas don't get any boost, I guess I will just give in and throw them in the materials grinder. Do you get any bonus for doing the ten at a time or is that just convenience?

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
It's just for convenience, same as the special dungeon material gatcha. If they really wanted to be convenient however, they'd let us pull more than 10 at a time.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
Definitely get on IRC - we are more than happy to answer questions there and this thread isn't very active but our IRC community is quite fun!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's hard to judge, but I think I'm doing well on the English game. Picked the blue healer angel SS because I had no healers and saw that she has a god evolution, then drew the red mandrill SS from the gatcha. Now I'm just working on leveling up so I can actually field those cards.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ned posted:

Definitely get on IRC - we are more than happy to answer questions there and this thread isn't very active but our IRC community is quite fun!
I've been on IRC for days now, but I didn't have a question worth breaking the idle fest :ssh:

I suppose I will be checking the log there in a bit to see what you said about the event that just dropped on the Japanese side. There's some wacky graphic that looks like dual-typed cards but i bet they take some EVO material that I will never see.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
IRC makes a big difference. We did some powerleveling today!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ned posted:

IRC makes a big difference. We did some powerleveling today!
Yep that was really nice of you, thanks! Worked pretty well too, though you do have to be stupidly overleveled to do that. Blew past the progress I made on the English version, though my cards are still better there.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So are there any actual people in Dragon Ace or are the huddled remnants of the goons all on the moonspeak server?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Many JP goons myself included quit due to a chain of events starting with a change in event design that heavily favored grinders, which also included a company shill getting caught faking screenshots encouraging players to whale on the game

idk about DrAce, but as far as I know the company behind it has done very little of the things SEA MMO publishers tend to do which was the reason we cautioned against playing it at the start

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dragon enthusiast posted:

Many JP goons myself included quit due to a chain of events starting with a change in event design that heavily favored grinders, which also included a company shill getting caught faking screenshots encouraging players to whale on the game

idk about DrAce, but as far as I know the company behind it has done very little of the things SEA MMO publishers tend to do which was the reason we cautioned against playing it at the start

So far the Dragon Ace people seem okay. They still have the referral bonuses in the game, events have been happening steadily, and they're being fairly communicative on their facebook page. Mobile MMO publishers in general tend to be a shady lot who at any moment could just turn around and gently caress over the players, but I'd have to say that I'm cautiously optimistic about this batch.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
While I would say this game is still probably one of the "cleanest" non-IAP experiences you can have on the marketplace, many of us put in a solid year or so of playtime and are pretty much done with it.

They also put out a big thing threatening people who were datamining a few months ago, which immediately soured me on continuing to invest time in to their product.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So what is this crazy dungeon? You can play only four times a day unless joining a friend, and it's harder? Do you even get anything good?

Never mind, it's super high level poo poo. At least there is a ring catching dungeon special too though.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 15, 2015

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Also what the hell is this sub skill? The machine translation is nonsense.

http://imgur.com/QvKQ6m9

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Also what the hell is this sub skill? The machine translation is nonsense.

http://imgur.com/QvKQ6m9

Adds a Blunt attack to Saizou when equipped to him.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report from Dragon Ace land, despite being painfully new I managed to pry a couple of genies from the genie event, and got Apollo, Princess Noel, and two Jeannes from the gatcha. Things seem to be progressing pretty well. There's an event up now that's cycling through different dungeons every couple of days with a guaranteed Rina if you get ten tickets to trade in for her.
Earlier tonight I was going through the event dungeon and it was tossing up skill fairies with a slight chance of a gender-swapped animal monster boss appearing that you could (in theory) capture. I'd gotten a couple of the hippos which look useless as hell, didn't even bother caring about the mandrill because I have one from the gatcha and know from painful personal experience how useless it is, then ran across the gorilla boss with four other humans playing with me. We all threw capture boosters at her each turn and they were sliding right off, nothing was sticking. Then when she was down to a sliver of health, the last player uses a 100% skill activation. Which just pissed me off, she was already guaranteed to die and I thought he pissed away the last chance to toss a capture boost at her. The attacks start, 100% skill guy's card goes off, hits her with an attack that attempts a capture, and gets the capture in the last instant before she keels over. The screen goes crazy as all the players lose their poo poo and start spamming shouts. It was great.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So the Amaterasu dungeon is up in the English version. I picked her up after a couple of lucky fights got the medals necessary for her, and maybe this is my lack of experience talking, but her main skill strikes me as vastly too situational to be useful enough to warrant fielding her. Her subskill on the other hand looks pretty swank, I plan on attaching her once I build up enough points to fit her in the deck.

In the meanwhile, I got two Ifrinas, Snow White, and Peridot, opening up the wide world of enhance cards to me and making my green roster suck less. The Jeannes I picked up before are coming in handy in the fights against Amaterasu, though I pretty desperately need more skill levels on everyone. There's gonna be a lot of fairy farming in my future when the weekend rolls around, looks like.

They're also touting a 'new version' in a week, I don't know how close it's going to bring us to the Japanese version, but it's apparently bringing in the colo changes at the very least.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Yeah Amaterasu is a key sub for the Ace slot. Most players in Japan run 2x Senjuu and 1x Amaterasu as permanent fixtures in their Ace subcards since damage reduction is so powerful.

Nu-colo also comes with nerfs to enhancers (Undine and Snow are still strong, but no longer the guaranteed gently caress you and die cards they used to be), as well as making you climb through ELO hell again since everyone gets their ELO initialized to level*2.

The version update should also bring a revamp to the treasure reward UI and also put a lot of new stone, cost, and fairy rewards to get. These changes are probably the last thing JP got until the awakening/orb update that just dropped a month ago, so sounds like mechanics-wise the parity is almost there. Content-wise though, Drace still seems to be far behind (at least from what I see people talk about in IRC)

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Dragon Ace version upgrade was a day-long clusterfuck. It did however result in my getting 120 gems worth of compensation that I'm not entirely sure was intentional, since I'd log in, get gems, the server would poo poo itself for a couple hours, I'd log back in, find more gems waiting, etc, etc. They said they were doing a rollback, but my gem count didn't decrease between the servers being up and down. So I'm not feeling like complaining about losing a day at this point.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I don't really play anymore, but I finally accomplished a long-running goal I've had for the game.

Just need another Gambler to sub onto Liar.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The non-Japan version was updated today to finally include awakening, orbs, and fusing fairies to god level. So yay for that! My reference code's k5f3851 for anyone who gives a drat, they seem a bit desperate for new players and are apparently handing out a dozen god-level cards to new joiners in addition to auto-leveling them to 99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
That's too bad, game's been drooping on the JP top grossing apps charts as well but they haven't done anything particularly crazy yet.

• Locked thread