Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

kensei posted:

Should I start a thread?

If you did, I would post "I would like to play!" in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Capt Murphy posted:

I would follow your post with "I'm in, as well!"

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Y'all postin' like I'm dead or something

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I mean, being stuck in Fort Wayne for a week is close enough to being dead so I guess that's a reasonable assumption

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

AlleyViper posted:

stuck in Fort Wayne for a week

if this is job related you should strongly reconsider unemployment

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

I mean, being stuck in Fort Wayne for a week is close enough to being dead so I guess that's a reasonable assumption

can confirm, was once stuck in fort wayne for upwards of an hour and felt like dying

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Capt Murphy posted:

uublog posted:

I would follow your post with "I'm in, as well!"

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657815

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

AlleyViper posted:

Y'all postin' like I'm dead or something

well kensei asked multiple times and you never responded so clearly that is a reasonable assumption

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

well kensei asked multiple times and you never responded so clearly that is a reasonable assumption

When I'm away from forum access I can always be reached on twitter.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=22956901&pid=2&pbp=0&tf=12.95

:owned:

:sigh:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=22962821&pid=2&pbp=0&tf=12.95

gently caress Addie Joss

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

:stare:

I saw the box score but didn't notice which team was which and thought "yeah that was predictable" and then I scrolled down and

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

David Cone has come to life and seeks to destroy deadball teams

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

This thread is still open so I'm going to just keep posting

Team has a terrible day in the field, goes up 2-0 in the round of 8 anyway

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Devo posted:

p sure you're a Team of Destiny, 'grats

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Devo posted:

Please do I'm enjoying your impossible run

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
Go Devo

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

THIS loving NINTH

But I am now officially in the money!

My next opponent is of course a bunch of deadballers

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

This thread is still open so

Yeah, I saw no reason to close it since it works for your ToC updating, and since we hadn't decided on a direction for S26 yet. I've been super busy with getting a new car and finding (another) new place to live and doctors appointments, so I figured I'd just let kensei do his thing in the meantime and revisit things once my life settled down. I'm on vacation all next week though so I'll have time to see what we want to do starting in a few days.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

AlleyViper posted:

Yeah, I saw no reason to close it since it works for your ToC updating, and since we hadn't decided on a direction for S26 yet. I've been super busy with getting a new car and finding (another) new place to live and doctors appointments, so I figured I'd just let kensei do his thing in the meantime and revisit things once my life settled down. I'm on vacation all next week though so I'll have time to see what we want to do starting in a few days.

Here's that link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657815

Are you playing AV?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Down 3-0 in the final four. That deadballing team is waaaaaay too well built for my band of misfits to take them out.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Well Cone won game 4 to continue his undefeated streak in this TOC but the rest of my team got slaughtered and I'm done

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
I say we get paired with one other player, we select 25 teams and 25 years our partner gets to choose from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I think something along those lines could work really well and I've been trying to think of some kind of tweak.

Also, since WIS interest on SA is kind of stagnant at the moment, I'm thinking about closing the WIS general thread and starting a new one with some comprehensive, newbie-friendly OP content, so depending on if I decide to do that I may wait until after that thread goes live to push S26 forward.

kensei posted:

Are you playing AV?

Wasn't planning on it at the moment

• Locked thread