Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigFactory posted:

I heard it's that they're going to strip it down and make a really accessible arena rock album. Something true rock fans have been waiting a long time for. No bullsh*t, just some rock n roll.
Isn't that what they already did with Wasting Light?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well you better pop a cold one and get some extra napkins, cause you're about to get Foo'd all over you. And it's gonna be messy.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'd be down for Wasting Light 2 if they can keep up the quality. With sonic highways I felt like I really liked the first 3 songs and could not give a gently caress about the rest of the album.

For all we know it could be a wildcard announcement. Them Crooked Vultures 2! An album where Dave is drumming and Taylor Hawkins is singing!

The result in reality unfortunately probably won't be near as exciting.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Isn't that what they already did with most of their discography?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

People have trouble with jokes I see

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's a free 5-track EP.

Dr. Scheme
Apr 28, 2013

You can download the EP for free at http://www.saintceciliaep.com/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, they just dropped a finished EP without announcing it first? Nice move, Foos! I'm downloading the WAV version now.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Just noticed it's on iTunes for free, too. Never seen a free EP on there before. Genuinely didn't think they allowed it.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

BigFactory posted:

Well you better pop a cold one and get some extra napkins, cause you're about to get Foo'd all over you. And it's gonna be messy.

This is how I feel after Saint Cecelia!

Even the silly, bouncy Sean is way more listenable than God as my Witness. Sonic Highways was incredible to watch come together, but half of a great album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I listened to all of St. Cecilia once and got the impression that it wasn't half as good as Sonic Highways, which wasn't even my favorite Foos album or anything :shobon:

It's real cool that they put it out for free but I didn't find the songs to be very good or memorable. Sonic Highways was disappointing as an album, but I still remember all of those songs and they get stuck in my head from time to time.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey guys Dave Grohl got into a drum battle with Animal after playing Learn to Fly with Electric Mayhem.

Dr. Scheme
Apr 28, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/foofighters/posts/10156525263335545

Lots of rumors that the band is breaking up. I'm guessing a new album, though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm surprised that's a "rumor", given that it seemed pretty well spelled out in the Saint Ceciliae EP note that Dave wrote a few months back.

quote:

And, the music? Maybe these songs are the breadcrumbs that will help us find our way back when it’s time. We could use a nice wander through the woods right about now. Another empty journal, another tap on the shoulder...those things are never far behind. It’s what lies ahead in those woods that excites me now....

So tonight, as I sit in my Berlin hotel room on our final tour for this album, counting down the days until we return home, I can’t help but wonder when we will see each other again. Who knows? But, with everything Foo Fighter related, it will only be when it feels right. And that’s a feeling that’s easy to feel.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IUG posted:

I'm surprised that's a "rumor", given that it seemed pretty well spelled out in the Saint Ceciliae EP note that Dave wrote a few months back.

Dave's been talking about this for a while, since at least the end of the Wasting Light tour. Seems like he's always looking for something fresh and interesting to do for the band, and if he can't find anything right now, I don't mind them breaking up for a bit until they figure it out.

I certainly wouldn't mind if Dave decides to chase his filmmaking/documentarian instincts with his newfound free time. Dude's a GREAT storyteller.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/foo-fighters-to-take-indefinite-hiatus/

"Indefinite hiatus"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dear Dave Ghrol,

Them Crooked Vultures

Love,

CaptainYesterday

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

P.S. Probot

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Announcement video, rumours get addressed.
https://youtu.be/4rW1wuNyDKg

no broccoli please fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 3, 2016

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Roots Radical posted:

Announcement video, rumours get addressed.
https://youtu.be/4rW1wuNyDKg

I, for one, look forward to Dave's hit solo, "Phoney Baloney".

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I hope they actually take Nick Lachey on tour with them.

(Also I need to actually go see the Foo live already.)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

I hope they actually take Nick Lachey on tour with them.

(Also I need to actually go see the Foo live already.)

Well you won't be able to for a couple of years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Maybe they've already defeated all of the Foos and can't continue without lying to their base.

• Locked thread