Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Shane Douglas Promotion
This poll is closed.
XPW 11 18.97%
Hardcore Homecoming 1 1.72%
Extreme Reunion/Rising 2 3.45%
This New One (because it won't happen) 44 75.86%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Team Tremendous better get booked.

I should mention that only the teams were announced, but not announced as facing each other so fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I can't even imagine how much money in flights it must cost to book all these guys.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

I can't even imagine how much money in flights it must cost to book all these guys.

PWG is on a really big high right now it seems since like 2012.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
If the match ends up being Beaver Boys vs Monster Mafia vs Team Tremendous vs The Juicy Product I'll be going nuts.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Beaver Boys are pretty cool i've liked their feud with Team Tremendous a lot but seriously where the hell is The Juicy Product

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

If the match ends up being Beaver Boys vs Monster Mafia vs Team Tremendous vs The Juicy Product I'll be going nuts.
hell yes midwest/east coat tag warfare

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Kinda hoping that AIW card is all indy couples wrestling each other.

Candice/Gargano
Kimber Lee/JT Dunn
Su Yung/Rich Swann
Leva Bates/Lucha Cruz
Crazy Mary Dobson/Madman Pondo
Neveah/Jake Crist

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Monster Mafia own a lot

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

Kinda hoping that AIW card is all indy couples wrestling each other.

Candice/Gargano
Kimber Lee/JT Dunn
Su Yung/Rich Swann
Leva Bates/Lucha Cruz
Crazy Mary Dobson/Madman Pondo
Neveah/Jake Crist

Kimber Lee is blacklisted from AIW for no showing a couple dates. Same thing happened to Cherry Bomb in 2012. Also the Crists and Nevaeh hate AIW for some reason.

AIW has a pretty big list of people they refuse to book anymore.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 16, 2015

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

DM Punk posted:

Kimber Lee is blacklisted from AIW for no showing a couple dates. Same thing happened to Cherry Bomb in 2012. Also the Crists and Nevaeh hate AIW for some reason.

I've heard the dudes that run AIW are pretty big shitheads, so there's probably a reason for that. They won't see a cent from me, that's for drat sure.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KungFu Grip posted:

All Ego Ethan Page and Josh Alexander are making their PWG debut as their tag team Monster Mafia. and so are the Beaver Boys?? Ok...

I know the Young Bucks were talking up both of these teams on Twitter recently, and they seem to have at least some input with Super Dragon on booking new talent.

KungFu Grip posted:

PWG is on a really big high right now it seems since like 2012.

Excalibur said at one point during BOLA (I think it was Night 3?) that 2014 has been their best year for business ever, for what that's worth. I imagine all the exposure they've gotten lately on social media from stuff like the 4 Horsewomen and John Morrison showing up at their shows has to help as well. If you watch shows from 3-4 years ago and then current stuff the live crowds are way bigger, they're basically cramming as many people as can possibly fit in that legion hall these days.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

I've heard the dudes that run AIW are pretty big shitheads, so there's probably a reason for that. They won't see a cent from me, that's for drat sure.

Eh, they seem to be alright when I talk to them. I don't agree with some of their decisions, but the shows are always really good. I mean, if a talent continues to cancel last minute on shows you advertised them on, why would you continue to book them?

Funny enough, one of shows Kimber Lee no-showed was the show they were gonna hot shot the title to her off Ethan Page back when he had border crossing issues. Ultramantis Black got the title instead that night.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I'm putting my call in. I think Team Tremendous is going to be this year's indie darling. Bill Carr is incredible agile for a big man and Dan Barry might be one of the most underrated workers on the indies. They understand comedy (yeah they have a lot of schtick), but if you put them in Reseda they could be monsters.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The Reseda crowd is always game to play along with comedy spots, Best Friends are super over there.

e: I think it's definitely a good thing that PWG's bringing in new tag teams, if for no other reason than to give them more options for non-tournament matches at BOLA. We've already seen just about every combination of the Addiction, Young Bucks, and World's Cutest Tag Team over the last six months.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 16, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Leah Von Dutch for double booking herself and being a flake.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I trust PWG/Super Dragon enough that the guys/gals that I'm unfamiliar with will be part of the 2/2.5 hours of entertainment on the DVD. That said, Team Tremendous in PWG would be glorious.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

PWG is announcing the upcoming card:

Trevor Lee vs Roderick Strong for the PWG World Title
Brian Cage and Uhaa Nation vs. The Young Bucks
Biff Busick vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey
Drew Gulak vs. Chris Hero

Cedric Alexander vs Tomasso Ciampa has been added to this show. If you didnt see their recent no dq match from ROH TV track it down because it ruled.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Black Cole Sun (show of the year 2014) finally ships on Monday! Get hype.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Grozz Nuy posted:

Black Cole Sun (show of the year 2014) finally ships on Monday! Get hype.

loving finally yaaaaaas

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I need a plane ticket to San Jose.

The King of Indies show in San Jose on 3/28 has announced a Juventud Guerrera vs. Ultimo Dragon vs. Ricochet three-way match for the night before WrestleMania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
New thread is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695294

• Locked thread