Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

What? Shramps are super easy. Pinch off the tail, get your finger on the underside between the legs, unwrap, done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
Mmm curry.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Slipping in late in the game (fnarr fnarr) - made a Saag Paneer. Some people prefer it much more pureed like a Palak Paneer, but I like my wilted to still have some form/bite so I used big leaf spinach, stalks and all, with a slightly shorter cooking time for it.

Served with plain basmati, warm onion naans (not my own) and a glass of white.

^^^ I only noticed the perilous wineglass situation AFTER taking this second pic. The trials of trying to get a good pic in the wee hours with an iPad - cursed shift work...

Pookah posted:

I made cheese, then I made curry

Hey there, paneer buddy :hfive:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

franco posted:

Hey there, paneer buddy :hfive:

We're here!

We eat PANEER!

GET USED TO IT!

:colbert:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I made two curries this weekend!

#1: a simple chickpea curry with tomatoes and mustard seed

#2: Thai yellow curry with potatoes, peanuts, beef and pork, messy plating, and some additional chili and ginger for good measure.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Bad phone picture, but curried rice and tofu with cilantro. Next time I'd like to get more of a sauce going, rather than just having the spices coat and cook into the rice.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
I made Vietnamese curry, it was a good excuse to work on a Vietnamese style baguette. Getting closer.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

On a related note, has anyone made lime pickle before and how did they do it? I've got a sealed jar stuffed with limes sprinkled with sea salt sitting by the windowsill, was going to come back to them in about 3 or so days then try putting something together - but the recipes online differ so wildly! Some suggest letting the limes rest for a month first, some just say to fry them whole in oil, chop up, and add directly. Mustard seeds seem to be the only constant once the limes are ready.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Well my yogurt curry kind of... fizzled. It wasn't going anywhere so I just cooked some beans in tomato curry.

I originally was going to make a kadhi, but the chickpea dough just wasn't coming out right. I was going to steam it, but the recipe was really off for the liquid:besan ratio, so I just kinda gave up.

remote control carnivore
May 7, 2009
I made Goan shrimp and okra curry.

It was the most unapologetically hot thing I have ever eaten. :getin:

Naan was leftover from Easter dinner so got served along even though not really proper.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Great curries everyone! 3 more hours until your walk of shame, everyone else!

bru
May 7, 2006

pampering lifes complexity

Pookah posted:

Not at all :)

The cheese is very easy to make, I just use Manjula's recipe from here:

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2008/05/24/how-to-make-paneering/

and left it under the weight for 3 hours to get it as firm as possible.

Thanks for this. I keeping meaning to make the paneer but then my laziness kicks in and I just buy a block :lazy: Paneer really is a great thing.

franco posted:

Some people prefer it much more pureed like a Palak Paneer, but I like my wilted to still have some form/bite so I used big leaf spinach, stalks and all, with a slightly shorter cooking time for it.

I don't like spinach like that at all, far too slimy and just kinda gets stuck in my mouth, the texture is horrid. I've ruined many a good curry trying to like it :(

Here's my chickpea and spinach effort (chopped up spinach and all):

Spinach and paneer next for sure.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Do what Julia does. Blanch it in a pot of boiling water. Then, strain it through. Then squeeeeeeeeeeze out all the liquid. THEN chop it up finely, and sautee it in fat. You'll never have slimy spinach again.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Naming and shaming to help Drink and Fight and out a bit :chef:

:siren: THE CURRY POLICE ARE IN THE HOUSE (and would like extra poppadoms) :siren:

Steve Yun
Casu Marzu
atomicthumbs
copen
WanderingMinstrel I
TapTheForwardAssist
oiseaux morts 1994

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Curried last night. Did a spinach, tater and pea curry thing with lemon and saffron rice. Life has been hectic. Will post pics sometime soon-ish maybe?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

franco posted:

Naming and shaming to help Drink and Fight and out a bit :chef:

:siren: THE CURRY POLICE ARE IN THE HOUSE (and would like extra poppadoms) :siren:

Steve Yun
Casu Marzu
atomicthumbs
copen
WanderingMinstrel I
TapTheForwardAssist
oiseaux morts 1994

I"m making curry tomorrow! I was going to make it tonight, but I was worried about the trout in the fridge going off if I left it another night. Count on thai green curry with pork meatballs whenever I get off work tomorrow. (It was on this weeks menu already, but I'd totally forgot I posted in here)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
LET THE CONSEQUENCES COME FORTH!

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
Has anyone made a proper Khmer curry? I'd love to have a good recipe for it.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So I was going to make a Lamb Rogan Josh tomorrow but got stuck on veggies to have with the Lamb Curry and Rice.

I was thinking of throwing in Potatoes and maybe Eggplant, does anyone see any major issues with this as long as I don't put too much in?

I was planning on using a recipe like this

http://thedomesticman.com/2012/07/10/rogan-josh-kashmiri-lamb-curry/

or the GWS one http://goonswithspoons.com/Rogan_Josh

But I was thinking of say, cutting down the lamb by maybe 30% and putting in roughly the same weight of diced potatoes and Eggplanet. Potatoes I thought to just throw in but eggplant I don't know. Dice and it will just string through the curry and be nice and delicious... or horrible? Keep skin in?

I'm awful when I go off recipe :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm somewhere between vegetarian and vegan so I've never made Rogan Josh but I'd probably do a separate eggplant and potato thing. Something like this, meaning a dry curry that doesn't involve sauce. There's really no reason to throw it all together into one pot.

Also for the love of god please use the GWS recipe or, if you stick to the other one, change the step where instead of frying the spices at the start they tell you to just dump them on top of the browned meat.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I used the GWS one, and did throw it together, but upped the tomato and downed the meat. The Eggplant thickened up the sauce nicely :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Drink and Fight posted:

Vietnamese curry is often very soupy, and frequently eaten with baguette.

Cà ri gà, by Mich

I just made this tonight after finding it on the GWS website and it was a big hit. I can't wait to expand from here. Just wanted to say thanks!

• Locked thread