Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Poil posted:

The campaign is gloriously stupid. :allears:

Okay, I'm sold. I will give this a shot. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Poil posted:

The campaign is gloriously stupid. :allears:

Oh gods yes. While I do miss a lot of actors from 4, and Penultimo growing a mustache and a deeper voice took a bit of getting used to, the writing is still FantabulousTM.

The ONLY complaint I have with the writing is the whole World Wars fish-men quest line which rewards you with...a tsnunami :suicide:. All the steps up to it are amazing with great rewards, but that final quest reward is a giant dick-move.

Kylra posted:

Keep high happiness, let them die in an assault or two, and keep enough military around to suppress them so they don't revolt in the first place. Also exile the leaders (but not the regulars). It'll die down.

I think the big issue I had was I went Professional Military in World Wars like a loving dumbass. So even with 3 highschools my bases were constantly under-manned and every soldier I lost stung.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 18, 2014

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Alkydere posted:

I think the big issue I had was I went Professional Military in World Wars like a loving dumbass. So even with 3 highschools my bases were constantly under-manned and every soldier I lost stung.

Professional Military is one of the worst constitution things you can have. And it makes the militarists mad for some dumb reason.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bloodnose posted:

Professional Military is one of the worst constitution things you can have. And it makes the militarists mad for some dumb reason.

That makes sense. You're telling them that there are now requirements for getting into the military. If that prevents any of them from making it in, of course they'll be mad.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Bloodnose posted:

Yeah, I guess I'll just go with Militia's from now on and harness my local Teabagger nuts into my army instead of pissing them off by insisting they are able to count the number of bullets they've been issued more accurately than "many". :v:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Alkydere posted:

You gotta ease into pro military, i typically run militia for a while before switching to professionals.

prefect posted:

That makes sense. You're telling them that there are now requirements for getting into the military. If that prevents any of them from making it in, of course they'll be mad.

Yea histoically people who are "pro military" in some big way have preferred universal conscription so that every man in the country is invested in the military at some level.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I guess that wraps up the expansion missions. Welp. The last boss was kinda scary when I looked at health and damage, even had to fire ze missiles from my nuclear sub to survive it as my military was hilariously inadequate. You really want your carrier set to fire at will too. The identity of the last boss was not Cthulhu. :(

Poil fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 18, 2014

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I had a hojillion soldiers from one of the quests leading up to it and I didn't even notice there had been a fight, because I was having another fight at the time (you don't annex tropico, russia. WE annex YOU.)

Professional military is always one of my last steps because I am usually struggling to keep my high school required manufacturing jobs going while economy building.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There was new dlc released a few days ago, Surf's Up.

New mission that was pretty much as good/bad as the others. You have to build several of the new building and keep getting attacked by small numbers of enemies that keep growing in strength every wave. No triggered tsunamis strangely enough. The new map is pretty good, if a bit dull since it's mirrored to be for 2 players.
New building, the Dolphinarium. It's a fairly large and very expensive luxury entertainment building that doesn't really do much.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Game itself and 4 DLCs (Big Cheese, Generalissimo, Mad World and Joint Venture) are all 65% off on Bundlestars for the next 3 days

Tropico Reloaded and Tropic 3 Gold are 80% off

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/publisher/kalypso/

EDIT Also 4 + all DLC for $5 http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/tropico-4-collectors-bundle/

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 29, 2015

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Well that was a nail-biter

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Some recent news reminded me of this game.

If that was happening on my island I would be just flipping out jacking up dockworker wages as the whole island fell to peices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I perma set all dock workers and teamsters to max wages, don't gently caress with those guys.

Cool article.

• Locked thread