Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

~A-a h-h-hentai? W-w-w-with me senpai?~ :nyoron:
Unfortunately I can't say when the next video will be.

Because YouTube is flawless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Jade Star's XCOM LP ran into a similar thing with a wind sound, same company. Apparently they've laid claim to a whole bunch of standard sound effect recordings.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Xumtosis, I'm writing to inform you that your voice now belongs to me. Cease and desist!

Wait, I'm getting the impression that my logic might be flawed.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Wow, loltube does it again. Though, third party matches like this usually aren't a big deal. It's a lovely thing, but won't affect your account. It usually just means that they'll put an add on your video to leech a cent out of it. Now let me tell you about how great it is to edit, render, and upload videos again, because Yt bitches about 10 seconds of a popular song and blocks the video in your own country :allears:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

goatface posted:

Yeah, Jade Star's XCOM LP ran into a similar thing with a wind sound, same company. Apparently they've laid claim to a whole bunch of standard sound effect recordings.
Yeah, they (BFM) have been doing that for a long while.
That include real life wind sounds that were recorded through a microphone by accident like it happened in Jade Star's case specifically.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Here's the next update.

Part 2 - Everything is going according to plan, I swear.

It was supposed to be up on the weekend, But I ran into a few issues. Sorry about the delay.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

lol at that camera glitch, I never saw that happen :v:

Could you increase the overall volume a little? I had to turn up my system to hear ya'll. Also, since there are a lot of little things for this video, I'm just going to make a list.

-If you still haven't figured out how to change your hotbar, here is how you do it. The standard hotbar can't be changed for whatever reason, so you have to switch to the one that's empty. Then you can just drag items/spells/skills in there from their respective tabs. Unintuitive as hell.

-All Bandits will talk to you if you put your weapon away, but iirc, it's just so that you can pay them to not attack you. But why would you ever want that? They have tasty Xp and loot!

-While it's true that this game lacks a proper tutorial, most things are kinda self evident. For instance, while you're not told that you can combine items, they glow green when you mouse over them. So really, it's not rocket science to figure out why they do that :)

-Horses are hard to control, but it gets better when you put points into riding. However, it's a waste, since you can also get used to the lovely controls. The trick is to figure out that your horse turns awfully bad when you ride fast. So if you want to make turns, slow down. Or just tap your forward key like twice when you get on your horse, so that it moves slow and can be controlled better. Then speed up when the terrain is easy. Yes, tapping or holding your key gives you different speed increases. You can also break really hard when you try to get of your horse at full speed. It's funny because your horse will slide a bit while trying to stop. Horses will have problems with steep hills though, nothing you can do about that. Well, Twoworldsman is also bad at climbing up steep hills, so that's just how it is. I actually don't think that horses can die, but enemies will attack them. They will also flee a bit if they get hit while you aren't riding them. You should be able to pull out your weapon while on a horse, but fighting like this is kinda awful. Also, you'll never meet enemies on horses. That's a thing for PvP.

-Quest items, like the totem pole, are all weightless. Pretty nice, since you have to carry some of them for a while.

-Ghost animals/creatures will only show up at night, and always spawn where you killed them earlier. Aside from spells, you can also hurt them with a weapon that does any kind of elemental damage(excpet poison maybe).

-Elemental gems have a stack limit and it's usually better to hoard the bigger ones for later. And they only work on weapons, as you can't enchant armors on your own. You have to buy them, and stack them with normal pieces. Use the small 10% gems all you want, but since weapons change often, you may not want to go all out immediately. Also, poison is the worst element, since it takes a while for the HP to drain. gently caress poison!

-The blue screen effect was on purpose. You only come to this area once, for a quest that you'll soon get.

-Protip for fighting archers. Since they run away when you get to close, shoot them with a fireball while running at them. This stuns them for a second, and you can hit them in the face. You can also hide behind cover, and they'll eventually come to you while trying to get a line of sight.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 8, 2014

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Tin Tim posted:

-Protip for fighting archers. Since they run away when you get to close, shoot them with a fireball while running at them. This stuns them for a second, and you can hit them in the face. You can also hide behind cover, and they'll eventually come to you while trying to get a line of sight.

The pro-est tip for dealing with archers is a certain spell Dead Hands. By which I mean it's the best spell in the game, no question, but also happens to be a great way of dealing with archers.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Tin Tim posted:

lol at that camera glitch, I never saw that happen :v:

Could you increase the overall volume a little? I had to turn up my system to hear ya'll. Also, since there are a lot of little things for this video, I'm just going to make a list.

-If you still haven't figured out how to change your hotbar, here is how you do it. The standard hotbar can't be changed for whatever reason, so you have to switch to the one that's empty. Then you can just drag items/spells/skills in there from their respective tabs. Unintuitive as hell.

-All Bandits will talk to you if you put your weapon away, but iirc, it's just so that you can pay them to not attack you. But why would you ever want that? They have tasty Xp and loot!

-While it's true that this game lacks a proper tutorial, most things are kinda self evident. For instance, while you're not told that you can combine items, they glow green when you mouse over them. So really, it's not rocket science to figure out why they do that :)

-Horses are hard to control, but it gets better when you put points into riding. However, it's a waste, since you can also get used to lovely the controls. The trick is to figure out that your horse turns awfully bad when you ride fast. So if you want to make turns, slow down. Or just tap your forward key like twice when you get on your horse, so that it moves slow and can be controlled better. Then speed up when the terrain is easy. Yes, tapping or holding your key gives you different speed increases. You can also break really hard when you try to get of your horse at full speed. It's funny because your horse will slide a bit while trying to stop. Horses will have problems with steep hills though, nothing you can do about that. Well, Twoworldsman is also bad at climbing up steep hills, so that's just how it is. I actually don't think that horses can die, but enemies will attack them. They will also flee a bit if they get hit while you aren't riding them. You should be able to pull out your weapon while on a horse, but fighting like this is kinda awful. Also, you'll never meet enemies on horses. That's a thing for PvP.

-Quest items, like the totem pole, are all weightless. Pretty nice, since you have to carry some of them for a while.

-Ghost animals/creatures will only show up at night, and always spawn where you killed them earlier. Aside from spells, you can also hurt them with a weapon that does any kind of elemental damage(excpet poison maybe).

-Elemental gems have a stack limit and it's usually better to hoard the bigger ones for later. And they only work on weapons, as you can't enchant armors on your own. You have to buy them, and stack them with normal pieces. Use the small 10% gems all you want, but since weapons change often, you may not want to go all out immediately. Also, poison is the worst element, since it takes a while for the HP to drain. gently caress poison!

-The blue screen effect was on purpose. You only come to this area once, for a quest that you'll soon get.

Thanks for the help again. I'v bin trying to figure out hotbars, But couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Figures the first hotbar is the only one you can't change.

I did a bit of reading up on the game, And apparently horses work different in 1.7 than they did before. I think they can die, But they no longer get attacked by enemies. Also, They no longer move unless your riding them, So they can't go wander off and get stuck on something. I'v also looked up a bunch of stuff trying to figure out how to do horse combat to show it off, And I'm almost convinced that it's just not working. I'm not seeing anything special that I have to do, Other than just take out my weapon the normal way, Except that doesn't actually work. Unless in 1.7 they made it so you have to put a certain amount of points into riding, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again. I'v also redone everything up to the end of the second video a few days ago, After I learned about a bunch of this stuff I completely missed. I'm going to try and give this game the fairest chance I can to prove me wrong about it.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

kingturnip posted:

The pro-est tip for dealing with archers is a certain spell Dead Hands. By which I mean it's the best spell in the game, no question, but also happens to be a great way of dealing with archers.
Oh right, forgot about that one. It's funny to troll enemies with it :v:

Xumtosis posted:

I did a bit of reading up on the game, And apparently horses work different in 1.7
Jfyi, I'm playing 1.7 and started a new game to kinda go along with the thread. I'm currently building a horse army, so I had ample subjects for testing.

I never put any points into riding, but can pull out my sword no problem. There is a key for putting your sword away/out. I rebound it, so maybe the default is buggy? Also, I couldn't damage my own horse, so there is that. But I definitely saw enemies strike my horse after I got off from it, and it just runs away a few feet before stopping. They also don't go after it so whatever.

Xumtosis posted:

I'm going to try and give this game the fairest chance I can to prove me wrong about it.
Haha, nice. I really don't want to make Two Worlds sound better than it is. It's a bad game for many reasons. But it also has several good parts that are enjoyable. Like, the massive world is certainly impressive, even if it's mostly populated by wolves. So many wolves...

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Tin Tim posted:

Jfyi, I'm playing 1.7 and started a new game to kinda go along with the thread. I'm currently building a horse army, so I had ample subjects for testing.

I never put any points into riding, but can pull out my sword no problem. There is a key for putting your sword away/out. I rebound it, so maybe the default is buggy? Also, I couldn't damage my own horse, so there is that. But I definitely saw enemies strike my horse after I got off from it, and it just runs away a few feet before stopping. They also don't go after it so whatever.

I just tested it, And apparently it works perfectly fine now? This is a bit odd. I know for a fact it wasn't working. Maybe it just bugged out or something. Well, At least it works, And now I can show it off. I'm not sure if I should be happy about that or not to be honest.

I couldn't find much about the specific way horses work, So I had to piece things together a bit. The info I found was from some fan sites and the Steam forums, So it's probably safe to say it might not be completely accurate. It's kind of hard to find out much about the game. Seems the community didn't last very long.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How are you supposed to tell the Silver Wolves apart from the regular kind? All those wolves look the same to me.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Oh man, I love this series. The second game has one of my all-time favorite ways to break a video game, and the first game wasn't shy about bending poo poo either.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Pretty sure they just googled shotgun.wav for the fire ball sound effect.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Glazius posted:

How are you supposed to tell the Silver Wolves apart from the regular kind? All those wolves look the same to me.

Put three points ito wolfology, the most useful science there is given the enemy distribution. This game's ecosystem is pretty absurd even for an RPG.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

anilEhilated posted:

Put three points ito wolfology, the most useful science there is given the enemy distribution. This game's ecosystem is pretty absurd even for an RPG.

Hey at least its not Gothic where the land is covered in roaming packs of wolves that can stunlock even an end-game character to death in sufficient numbers.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

There is a way to tell the difference, but it's kinda subtle. You only have to realize that they'll murder the poo poo out of you just when you have gotten strong enough to deal with the regular wolves.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

There's a bit of bad news. It seems my Hard Drive may be getting to that point of not working properly. Any time I record footage, The video file only drops frames to the point where it may as well not be a video. It has bin acting strangely lately, But I was hoping that the drive would hold out for a little while longer. I guess it was only a matter of time.

So, If it turns out that's the issue, I'll probably have to put the LP on hold until I can get a new Hard Drive. I can't say when I'll be able to afford a new one, So it could be a month, Or it could be a lot longer. I honestly can't be sure.

Don't worry, I'll be back on this thing eventually. Let's just hope it's a small problem that I'm completely missing. I'd rather it just be me being an idiot, Than have to wait months before I can even get the next update up.

I wanted to let you all know what's going on. I have to check a few things, And if I find out for sure that's what the issue is, Then I'll close the thread until I can continue. I'm really sorry everyone.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Some good news. While I can't quite get a replacement HD just yet, A friend has offered to send me a 250GB one in the mean time. That'll work good enough for now, And I should be able to continue in a week or two.

So until then, Feel free to suggest or request things to be done in the LP, And all that kinda stuff. In the next update I'm going to try showing off horses and teleporting a bit more. I'll show off alchemy at some point, But from what I hear it may be best to wait a while before doing too much of that.

Well, Once the HD gets here and I set it up, I'll do my best to get the next update out as quickly as possible. Maybe I'll try to make up for the gap with a couple updates, Or maybe one or two longer ones. I'll see how it goes.

Now, Let's get this thing back on track. Shall we?

AnEvilHerbivore
Feb 17, 2013

I will eat all of the leaves on this tree. I will eat more leaves than I should, and then other giraffes may die.

Xumtosis posted:

A friend has offered to send me a 250GB one in the mean time.

A vague and unnamed person. Possibly a lady of great beauty, compassion, and humility. :v:

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Hey everyone. Sorry I'v bin away from the LP for so long, But I'm glad to say I'm finally getting back to it.

Here's the next update: Part 3 - Horses are great.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Xumtosis posted:

Hey everyone. Sorry I'v bin away from the LP for so long, But I'm glad to say I'm finally getting back to it.

Here's the next update: Part 3 - Horses are great.

Ooh! I really like the mount and the new armour you got in this video. Is this a side quest?

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Brainbread posted:

Ooh! I really like the mount and the new armour you got in this video. Is this a side quest?

Yeah, We're not getting to the main quest just yet. The mounts are a bit iffy at times and the new armor was a real pain in the rear end to get this early on, But it's more than worth it.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

I got the next update already to make up for all the lost time.
Next up we get to check out that cheating drat Merchants Guild.

Part 4 - Merchants Guild.

Xumtosis fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 16, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
One of the things I remember about Two Worlds II is that if you try and just do the story missions without sidequesting for awhile first your equipment will be absolute poo poo and you will die horribly to monsters way stronger than you are, no clue if this holds true for the first game but in II you basically have to sidequest a bit to make it possible to complete the next stage of the main quest.

TWII is also full of gigantic blatant lies about how much land there is to explore but we'll get to that later.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Here's the next update. This time, We have some Orcs to deal with.

Part 5 - Orcs.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Multiplayer doesn't work anymore, me and hbomb and spambot tried very hard to get it to go but we couldn't connect for poo poo, there were these german guys playing but they weren't good at explaining how they did it and there were no guides on the internet.

get dead hands for magic its the best spell in the game

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
So when's the next actual update coming? I kinda want to see more of this hilaribad game.

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Hammurabi posted:

So when's the next actual update coming? I kinda want to see more of this hilaribad game.

What are you talking about? I just got back to the Let's Play and have bin working very hard on making up for lost time. Didn't you see how many Orcs we had to deal with in the last update?

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Xumtosis showed me his new business card today!

Xumtosis
Apr 14, 2014

Here's the next update.

Part 7 - Kill Me Please.

Welcome to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Xumtosis posted:

Here's the next update.

Part 7 - Kill Me Please.

Welcome to hell.

Truly Shakespearean. Xumtosis, when can we expect a follow up analysis on the variety of themes and metaphors found in this work of art? I can't wank to hear more.

• Locked thread