Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rage McDougal posted:

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the FAQ, but is it possible to get the PSP games I have on my Vita into a format that can be played on the PPSSPP?

Not really (had you said PSP then yes), but if you own the games I don't think it's a big deal to go and download the ISOs elsewhere, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I just stumbled on this emulator and it kicks so much rear end. Just in time too, because I've been getting back into my PSP games and I think the disk reader in my PSP is on its way out. I'm faithful my GBA will outlive me, but my sony poo poo barely lasts as long as the generation its from.

Think I'm going to try to softmod it and rip my UMD games this weekend.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Version 1.0 of PPSSPP just hit.

quote:

Full improvements list:

Many, many bug fixes in JIT and elsewhere, improving compatibility
Proper fix for Zenfone and related devices
Direct3D 9 supported as a rendering backend on Windows, helps on old GPUs and can be faster than OpenGL in many cases
You can now create specific configs per game
FPU rounding modes much better supported, fixes the Peace Walker boss that was undefeatable. NOTE: This breaks saves in Gods Eater - you must turn off the better rounding, load your save game, turn it on and save.
The JIT now uses SSE on x86, improving speed considerably. This does not affect ARM devices, that's for the next version or two.
Improved audio output code on both Windows and Android, reducing audio latency on Windows and on some Android systems
FFMPEG upgraded, fixed some music hangs ("GHA phase shifts")
Some Ad Hoc improvements, coldbird.net is now default adhoc server. Ad Hoc still unfinished and hard to use.
Graphics fixes: Bezier/spline drawing fixes, vertex position fixes, DanganRonpa on Adreno fixed, flat shading fixed, vertex cache improved, some PowerVR blockiness issues fixed, screen scaling filter added, Google Cardboard support
Simulate UMD speed better, fixing hangs in several games
More Atrac3 fixes, fixing hangs
Somewhat better disk full handling
Fixes to dynamic unloading of code, fixing problems in GEB and TRM 2/3
Updated to SDL2 where applicable (Linux, Mac)
Some new features, like analog/dpad-swap hotkey, graphics hack for Phantasy Star, show last bit of debug log in dev tools, etc
No more need for MSVCRT DLLs on Windows

I've been trying the Android version and although SRWZ2.2 runs like a slog it's really nice.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Some nice features in this new version too, including being able to set different option profiles on different games. Perhaps this thread needs a reboot, because most people wouldn't really notice this otherwise.

Oh yeah, and it looks like there's still some life in PSP games - XSeed just released the English version of the Brandish remake, remember!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'll need to grab me 1.0

Have they setup downloadable xml profiles per game yet? I vaguely remember that the ps2 emulator had that, so you could just download the config from a repository for best compatibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Has anyone had luck getting a DS3/SixAxis to work with the OSX build of PPSSPP? OSX recognizes the SixAxis natively and it works fine in Steam, but for whatever reason, PPSSPP just won't pick it up.

edit: Apparently posting to complain about it was the key, it works just fine now. :confused:

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 3, 2015

• Locked thread