Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Folhapreta

"Everyone in the sepulcher! Warriors up front! We may be trapped. Magic- and bow- users, try to blow up that drat skull--I'll tell you where it hides."

I'll use the rest of my movement to get back to where I started. Next turn I'll use divine sense to pinpoint the demilich's position so we can all shoot it or aoe it or whatever.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gortto Dukakis
44/44

Huh, flying rocks. Kinda thought it would be wizards after everything else.

Oh well, let's shoot some poo poo. It's not like you're taking that sweet bow with you where you're going -

Shooting Garg [AO/17]: 2#1d20+5+3+1d4+1 16 15

*KNNKK*

Damage + 1 + Song + DEX: 1d6+1+1d6+5 10

Gortto begins to understand why someone invented the crossbow.

And then Gortto skulks off into the open vault to shield himself.

Sneak, with proficiency, expertise, and DEX: 1d20+5+5+3 17

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HP: 45/45 | AC: 14* | 1st Level Spells: 4/4 | 2nd Level spells: 3/3 | Bolts: 14/20 | Healing Surges: 7 / 7
When I leveled up previously, I gained an additional spell known. I forgot to mention this: the spell I choose was soundburst. This will become relevant.

"My gods..." Sandy looks in horror at the army of gargoyles. As he is paralyzed with fear, he remembers something from before...the sound of the meteors crushing his friends. It was a horrible, booming noise. Looking at the puddle, Sandy gets an idea.

"Oui, Morte-wannbe, I don't know if you can hear without ears, but I know this poo poo is still going to hurt."

Sandy pulls out his lute and jams a hard fuckin' chord. The drat rocks shatter as the sound wave burst from his lute and tunnel towards the puddle. The sound is so deafening and firece that Sandy's ears and eyes begin to bleed.

Soundburst: 3d8 = 11 Damage, Con Save for half DC 15. Target is deafened for 1 minute if the save is failed.

2nd Level spells: 2/3

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Ding, dong, the demilich is dead. It only had 1HP and Sandy just did 5 damage (after thunder resist).

The skull shoots up into the air, screaming 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' then explodes. Chunks of skull hit everyone in the face.

The white pedestals throughout the muck crumble to rubble and the dark pools dissipate, leaving behind black ash. Overhead, a massive vortex of blue energy forms. You all hear a voice in your head - it is Syranna. "Hurry the gently caress up, get in here before that place collapses!"

Oh yeah, and the place is collapsing. In a round or two it will all be destroyed, taking all the phylacteries and whoever is still inside to a horrible rock-falling death.

Oh yeah, and the gravity is now gone. Zero gravity has taken over. Everyone gets a fly speed equal to your normal movement speed. The vortex is 20 feet over the top of the goo pile, or what was left of the goo. That's your way out of this lovely game.

"Don't let them leave!"

22 gargoyles fly towards you all and start to tackle who they can. They aren't letting you leave D&D Next. But, they are evil elementals, and I'll rule that their grapple is affected by your prot:evil.

So here's what you need to do to escape. Four gargoyles are swooping down to grab each of you. That's four grapple checks you need to win. During your turn, if you avoided all of them, you can fly upwards to victory (no OAs for disengaging). If one grapples you, and you manage to get away anyway, you can take some OAs and float up to victory. If more than one grabs you, you are pretty much hosed.

Grapples for GERRY: 4#2d20l1+3 13 6 4 4.

Grapples for SANDY: 4#2d20l1+3 11 7 11 12.

Grapples for KRAG: 4#2d20l1+3 5 15 10 15.

Grapples for FOL: 4#2d20l1+3 8 8 18 8.

Grapples for PRAGOR: 4#2d20l1+3 5 6 6 8.

So pick your highest of Athletics or Acrobatics, add in any relevant bonuses that I missed, roll that poo poo 4 times, and good luck. Oh yeah, and Gortto avoids all this because he is hiding in the vault. BUUUT he is hiding in the vault, so his exit to victory is blocked. I'm sure you can figure something out. Or not.

No one leaves D&D Next.

:smugwizard:

Status
----------------------
:rolldice: Sandy Roads (45/45 AC14) (bless, bard song, prot:evil)(concentration: bard song)
:rolldice: Pragor Krakskull (68/68 AC15) (bless, bard song, prot:evil)
:rolldice: Gortto Dukakis (44/44 AC15) (hidden, bless, bard song, prot:evil)
:rolldice: Gerry Mander (52/52 AC16) (bless, bard song, prot:evil)(save :rolldice)
:rolldice: Krag Hack (59/59 AC21) (bless, bard song, prot:evil)
:rolldice: Folhapreta (60/60 AC16) (bless, bard song, prot:evil)(concentration: bless)
Four-Armed Gargoyles (x22)(45/45HP AC15)

Group buffs:
Bless (+1d4 to hit rolls and saves)
Bard Song (+1d6 to damage rolls)
Protection from Evil (10 minutes, evil undead/elementals/etc have disadv. to hit you, cant be charmed/frightened/possessed)

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

While you all post it's time to look back and hand out those sweet, sweet achievements, quotes and other crap.

Achievements

:science: Smart enough to play a wizard in D&D: goodness

:saddowns: Picked last: covok as Sandy Roads the bard

:agesilaus: First player smart enough to quit: Hashtags

:burger: Best photoshop: goodness's cheeseburgerbolt

:psyboom: Max Damage: Krag with 135 from a Turn Undead

:suicide: Harassed the GM until he got into the game: pd0t

:gizz: Best Move: Fol Jordan dunking a demilich down to 1hp.

:derp: Worst Character Ever: Montgomery Williams. Hey let me tank with this bard :fuckoff:

:black101: Best Character Ever: Krag Hack, duh. Honorable mention to Steven Colbert.

:zombie: Best NPC: Tarul Var, Lich of the Year

:allears: Best D&D Edition Ever: 5e 5e 5e 5e

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(12:19:09 AM) Kai_Tave: I'm telling you, the next big thing in SA PbP is going to be ironic Next games.

(12:29:52 AM) Kai_Tave: I'm gonna be honest here Ritorix you're doing the best with a bad situation but Dead in Thay looks like poo poo

(7:25:38 PM) Ritorix: no math fixes because the math is so hosed just leave it be

(12:20:40 AM) pd0t: basically Krag is the central cog of this whole operation
(12:23:52 AM) pd0t: Just let that sink in.
(12:33:46 AM) king_com: krag is the hero next deserves

(10:56:15 PM) FatherWendigo: if Krag Hakk is the PC this game deserves, you are the DM it deserves.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HP: 45/45 | AC: 14 | 1st Level Spells: 4/4 | 2nd Level spells: 3/3 | Bolts: 14/20 | Healing Surges: 7 / 7

As the gargoyles go to grab Sandy, he attempts to dodge them.

I forgot I add my proficiency bonus to Acrobatics before I rolled so it's not reflected in my orokos roll.

Acrobatics Check vs Gargolyes: 1d20 + 5 (expertise) + 3 (Dex mod) + 3 (proficiency) (x4) = 12, 22, 16, 13 vs 9, 11, 7, 11, 12: Success, Success, Success, Success

Sandy nimbly dodges the gargoyles as they attempt to grab him. Seizing the opportunity, Sandy rushes towards the portal and (presumably) succeeds and enters it.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 9, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Folhapreta

A swirling opaque cloud of dust with four armed fists flying out of it appears and disappears with Folhapreta standing atop a pile of unconscious gargles, arms folded and shoulder blades alight with a burning inverted heart rune. He tries to cover the asses of any of his incompetent allies then teleports away to the portal.

Athleticses: 4#1d20+10 26 18 20 22

If anyone gets grabbed I can try to push one garg off you with thunderous smite and maybe kill another.

Eff that I'll just kill any garg that is the second to grab someone then Misty Step out.

Trying to oneshot one of the gargs that double teams someone unlucky: 3#1d20+8+1d4 20 32 19 2#2d10+1d6+17 30 41 2d4+10+1d6 15 the crit does 63 damage
I get another attack when I crit or kill something: 1d20+8+1d4 14 2d10+1d6+17 32 miss still does 7
I got an opp attack when they moved into my reach: 1d20+8+1d4 14 2d10+1d6+17 41 miss still does 7

Grand total: 122. I didn't even smite on any of the hits, otherwise I'd probably beat Krag's 135.

Eff that too let's smite and go out with a bang. The crit does 16
noncrit smites: 2#2d8 7 16

New grand total: 161

Anyway, that kills two so I don't think anyone can still be double grabbed without shenanigans.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 9, 2014

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gortto Dukakis
44/44

Things were quickly getting stupid and drastically out of hand. Stoney mofos blotted out the little light the Vault offered.

quote:

"Hurry the gently caress up, get in here before that place collapses!"

Well that doesn't sound stupid. Time to get the gently caress outta Crazy-Vault.

I'll Disengage diagonally to the square directly above Folhapreta, and then bug out to the blue fire exit in the sky using CUNNING ACTION, Hustling if necessary. For what it's worth, Gort's Acrobatics is +13 (DEX+Proficiency+Expertise)

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 9, 2014

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

ritorix posted:

Grapples for GERRY: 4#2d20l1+3 13 6 4 4.

Gerry Mander

My character is totally not a jock, so any assistance with escaping would be greatly appreciated.

Gerry casts Guidance on himself and tries using his Acrobaticism to escape the flurry of grapples.

DEXTERITY (acrobatics)x4: 4#1d20+2 = 19,9,19,17

Looks like they all succeed. Move as far as possible towards the exit

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 9, 2014

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

KRAG HACK
59/59 HP

Krag casts Divine Power so he can bionic man that poo poo.

http://orokos.com/roll/205842 = Athletics 23,26,27,9

Only one got me. So later fuckers. Krag escapes the shithole of next.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
What the gently caress? Seriously? No one died to 40d20 gargoyles? gently caress this game. All I wanted was a lich simulator and instead I've got PCs surviving the rocks-fall moment and I barely even want to play any mo...Wait! WAAAAAAAAAIT! PRAGOR YOU'RE loving DEAD DIE DIE DIE DIE!!
\

And with that you all teleport out of the shittiest dungeon in Faerûn and the worst game on SA. The dungeon collapses as you escape, crushing a shitload of liches in the process. Thay will never be the same, and by that I mean we are retconning things back to pre-4e so we can have cool Red Wizards again without liches in charge of it all. Schools of magic are back, baby!

Back at your home an old paladin congratulates you all on a job well done, then there is probably a party and whatnot.

A new threat looms on the horizon. The Cult of the Dragon
has become increasingly active, though we don’t yet know its
purpose. Factions, new and old, are gathering adventurers to
face this threat. If you seek to challenge these threats, look to
the Harpers, the Order of the Gauntlet, the Emerald Enclave,
the Lords’ Alliance and . . . even the Zhentarim. Together, these
groups will face the new challenges.

The read-aloud text is terrible right up until the end.

~~~

And that's all, folks. I don't know if I should congratulate you all or apologize. Well that last part sure isn't happening. Now that you survived 5e I expect full trip reports on DDRD or IMP Zones (wtf is that supposed to be?) or whatever it's called now. Or there's a real 5e thread I guess too.

As for me, I promise not to run any more 5e until...

...until NEXT time.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Oh yeah and I get the final achievement...

Achievements

:science: Smart enough to play a wizard in D&D: goodness

:saddowns: Picked last: covok as Sandy Roads the bard

:agesilaus: First player smart enough to quit: Hashtags

:burger: Best photoshop: goodness's cheeseburgerbolt

:psyboom: Max Damage: Krag with 135 from a Turn Undead

:suicide: Harassed the GM until he got into the game: pd0t

:gizz: Best Move: Fol Jordan dunking a demilich down to 1hp.

:derp: Worst Character Ever: Montgomery Williams. Hey let me tank with this bard :fuckoff:

:black101: Best Character Ever: Krag Hack, duh. Honorable mention to Steven Colbert.

:zombie: Best NPC: Tarul Var, Lich of the Year

:allears: Best D&D Edition Ever: 5e 5e 5e 5e

:gooncamp: Actually got 12 goons to play NEXT: Ritorix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(12:19:09 AM) Kai_Tave: I'm telling you, the next big thing in SA PbP is going to be ironic Next games.

(12:29:52 AM) Kai_Tave: I'm gonna be honest here Ritorix you're doing the best with a bad situation but Dead in Thay looks like poo poo

(7:25:38 PM) Ritorix: no math fixes because the math is so hosed just leave it be

(12:20:40 AM) pd0t: basically Krag is the central cog of this whole operation
(12:23:52 AM) pd0t: Just let that sink in.
(12:33:46 AM) king_com: krag is the hero next deserves

(10:56:15 PM) FatherWendigo: if Krag Hakk is the PC this game deserves, you are the DM it deserves.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
:Slowclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
So if you liked this game but made the critical error of not rolling a wizard, my next NEXT game is all wizards all the time.

• Locked thread