Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm seeing a double feature of it and The Room with Tommy and Greg in attendance, but that's not til next Friday.

New Orleans? Ill be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cstrMnGcJJw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What an off-putting thumbnail.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

man this sounds pretty interesting actually

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alright, so I just saw Best F(r)iends. That was...uhh...really inconsistent? Parts of it were actually shot really competently while other parts looked amateur as gently caress, and tonally it was all over the place too.

I'm about to see The Room for the millionth time and I'm sure that'll be more entertaining than Best F(r)iends was.

So far the best part of this has been the Q&A Tommy and Greg (but mostly Tommy) gave before Best F(r)iends started. Tommy's a loving bizarre creature who I'm not even convinced is human, so listening to him speak in person is just the best. This isn't the first time I've been to a Q&A with him in attendance and it probably won't be the last.

They're doing another one before The Room starts in like an hour too, so I have more of that to look forward to :dance:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

So Rageaholic, you know when Tommy kept using black as an analogy and was talking about his slavery movie? He was looking at me the whole time while doing it, and doing so because he was hitting on the woman I was with earlier and apparently mad because I was with her. Greg was looking at me like "oh poo poo" the entire time and apologized to us personally later, haha.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Darko posted:

So Rageaholic, you know when Tommy kept using black as an analogy and was talking about his slavery movie? He was looking at me the whole time while doing it, and doing so because he was hitting on the woman I was with earlier and apparently mad because I was with her. Greg was looking at me like "oh poo poo" the entire time and apologized to us personally later, haha.
lmbo

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

When you say Greg was looking at you the entire time for example, from an outsider's perspective this sounds like it may all be exaggerated a bit from your perspective. Just saying how it reads to me.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

When you say Greg was looking at you the entire time for example, from an outsider's perspective this sounds like it may all be exaggerated a bit from your perspective. Just saying how it reads to me.

Nah, its real. We were in the front row and he talked to us specifically after for that reason.

Its also recorded; I'll have to remember to post it here when I get back in town.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fair enough, what did you think of the movie by the way?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I wish Tommy Wiseau would go the gently caress away

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sponges posted:

I wish Tommy Wiseau would go the gently caress away

He is here to stay

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md2X67K4YTM

7:24 when the slavery stuff starts

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It's tough to tell with the sunglasses but Tommy doesn't sound mad to me there. Not to say he may not be a poorly behaved person, I don't know the guy, I'm just Tommy hopeful, keeping the Tommy dream alive.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

Fair enough, what did you think of the movie by the way?

It seemed like Greg was making a movie about himself and his relationship with Tommy. He depends on Tommy, but Tommy is an rear end in a top hat that takes advantage of people whenever he feels like it, as it plays in the movie. And that subtext makes it very interesting.

The execution, however, is as student filmish as you can get. It seriously comes off as someone's final project.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Darko posted:

Jesus Christ :cripes: Haha, I'm glad Greg took the time to apologize to you at least!

Yeah, some of the poo poo Tommy was saying was super cringeworthy. I didn't even do the meet and greet/photo op thing because apparently you had to buy merch first, and I already have an autographed Blu-Ray copy of The Room, and autographed hardcover copy of The Disaster Artist, the soundtrack for The Room and a Tommy bobblehead. Like what else would I even buy??? Plus I already did a meet and greet/photo op thing with him at a different theater in like 2013 anyway.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

It's tough to tell with the sunglasses but Tommy doesn't sound mad to me there. Not to say he may not be a poorly behaved person, I don't know the guy, I'm just Tommy hopeful, keeping the Tommy dream alive.

I wasn't saying he was literally mad in any way. We were just trying to figure out any reason he went on that randomness and all we could come up with was the earlier flirtation and him noticing us again in the front. He's just being Tommy and makes no sense.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I apologize for doubting you, and I look forward to seeing this odd sounding movie, and pt 2

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

I apologize for doubting you, and I look forward to seeing this odd sounding movie, and pt 2

No problem.

Haha, I looked at the video above, and its missing the best part, but I found it in another. Go to 7:30 on this video, and realize that Tommy is directly in front of me while this is happening.

https://youtu.be/hy5A3e9I2MA

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is Tommy a vampire in this new movie?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I forgot about it tonight so I’ll see it Monday’s and I’m gonna movie pass it if it’s the last movie pass I ever do.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I have zero interest in seeing the second half after seeing the first a couple months ago. I was so excited to see it and Tommy and Greg were there and I was sure it would be entertaining, but I could feel my enthusiasm dying as I watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This movie delivers, as a non-booker reader but Room watcher. A solid thorough-line plot-wise, it's probably the most process focused take on Hollywood I've seen awhile. It does as good a job with that as Sunset Boulevard did.

• Locked thread