Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Bible posted:

Cis, to you, what exactly does a "1" stat represent?

I'm going for a Kleptomaniac, so I figure I "1" Willpower would be appropriate, but if that means that my character is basically a vegetable to you, maybe I'll rethink it.
Regular Stats
Body: You are the skinniest gently caress in the world, starving africans look at you and think they are healthy. You must have grown up eating out of a dumpster your whole life on weekends only and drinking piss for hydration in between.
Agility: You, much like Neo from the Matrix never had to move before so your body is barely developed or you have some weird degenerative muscle disease or some poo poo. Alternatively you are 800lbs or some poo poo.
Reaction: Really poo poo hand eye, slower than normal nerves whatever. When you played dodgeball you would always get hit by two of them at once and you quickly learned to stop because you simply couldn't keep up.
Strength: Basically the same thing as body possibly with a case of Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Willpower: If I pulled out a fake police badge from party city you would break down crying and spill the beans. You have no spine, you are a weak willed piece of poo poo. You would also be most likely to join up with the next universal brotherhood/insert whatever FOTM cult here.
Logic: You are functionally retarded. You are about five steps from being one of the button checkers on coats at burlington coat factory.
Intuition: You just don't get it, unless its spelled out for you in large bold letters and even then you need a few seconds to process it. You are the dimmest of light bulbs in the room.
Charisma: You have no filter and tend to make the most inappropriate comments at the worst possible times in the worst possible places. You would try to hit on women coming out of an abortion clinic. You would bring a 40 ounce to an AA meeting and fill it with orange juice because you thought it would be funny. When your friends want to meet up with you, you'll always show up in like two trenchcoats and sunglasses at night so they can't see your eyes.

Obviously these are exaggerated but thats what came to mind off the top of my head.

Special Stats
Essence: At 1 you are literally playing with your life and are walking a dangerous edge. If you are loaded up with reaction enhancers you are routinely annoyed at the world for everyone moving so slow and holding you back when your mind operates at lightyears per second, tracking every move, seeing every leaf fall in slow motion, hell in winter time you might be able to make out a snowflake if you got the right eyes to go with those hyperreflexes. Speaking of eyes, if you have standard cybereyes you see the world like a trid show and have been for the last five years. Alpha through deltaware have better quality of course in the picture department, hell deltaware supposedly lets you look at the world with the eyes your mother gave you but you know it ain't so. Not with a compass bearing at the top, AR information glowing all around you, and marquee of the latest news highlights at the bottom of your field of vision. Not when at a thought the world can become green, a mixture of black and white hots for the pure FLIR experience, or blue to yellow to oranges to reds when you go thermographic so you can figure out how hot she really is in those jeans, and notice the blue area where her left leg is that tips you off that she's cybered herself. Not when at a moments notice you can put a crosshair over some random joe, draw your gun and see a second reticule move across your screen, that is to say what your eyes see, until you line your smartgun up on his head. You're sitting outside at some french cafe in New York with your Ares Light 75 under the table. If you wanted to clip this guy, you could do it and go back to your mocha and croissant and the only thing you'd be worried about is kicking the shell casing away from your table and make sure no one smelled your shirt with an olfactory scanner on your way to your car.

Cyberaudio, lets not get started on Cyberaudio. Its more shocking than that time you walked in on daddy and mommy humping, you wish you could undo it. You wish you could unhear all the poo poo you've heard people say. If a reporter had a direct link to your ears he'd probably have dirt on the whole town but he don't. Because he bought his ears from some fancy looking store that ripped him off on the price and capabilities like nerds getting the new macbook and you got your ears from Saeder-Krupp with all the latest addons included. This one change alone would probably make you need to see a therapist. Ears so good you hear every whisper and every lie. loving hell right?

And lets talk about how you are treated by the people that matter most in your life, the police. First off gently caress em, second of all I hope all your licenses are in order and you don't have massive amounts of ware on that fake ware license. Because they know what a street samurai looks like, criminals always make sure the paperwork is up to date, cleaner than clean, especially runners. So unless you are playing for their favorite urban brawl team, in which case they'll ask for your autograph or some poo poo, when they run your SIN it'll flag those wired reflexes, muscle augmentation, anything on the list that might present the subject as a danger to the officer or a subject of interest. Riggers, your control rig will be flagged too, hope you got an explanation for who you are driving for and those licenses in order as well because it sure the gently caress ain't the boys in blue. Deckers, hope you got an explanation for who you work for as well or you are in the same boat as the Rigger but not in the same boat as the Street Samurai who this whole monologue is all about. Somehow I think both the Rigger and Decker are a few notches above Essence 1.

Anyway based on that glance they'll probably think you could be a tough case, ask you quite a few pointed questions and in general hassle the gently caress out of you. In addition to being cold to the world you probably weren't the most charismatic of fellows to start with so you'll be used to this next bit. Hands on the back of your head kissing the pavement will be the next step until a Tac Team can come in to properly secure you. Because you are that important that they want 6 guys in black body armor around to merely cuff your rear end and take you in under the most liberal and stretched interpretations of the words "Resisting Arrest" and "Assault on a Police Officer". gently caress your daddy issues, gently caress your mommy issues, gently caress the society doesn't understand you issues, get in the back of the bus and shut the gently caress up.

A few hours and you'll probably be out but this isn't the first, the only, or the last time this has happened to you and poo poo like that will eat at you. Lets talk about social life now and remember that you are an ice cold out of touch person by now. Unless you have other redeeming features, like having been a charming fellow/lady in a past life, those chromed out cyber arms, massively muscled physique, or generally intense way you approach and talk to someone. Yeah thats not gonna sit well with the average person who isn't used to dealing with people that are "On" all the time and will probably give them the creeps. Chromed out cyberarms will make them think of some villain from some gangster trid movie out of Hollywood. And straight up muscle replacement vatjobs looks weird compared to the bioware thing so unless your look is what they want, or are willing to deal with. Yeah don't be surprised to get the cold shoulder or excuses while they disappear from around you. Bioware is more subtle and more "real", because it is made with a bit of you inside but still there's something weird about this whole augmentation thing that does poo poo to your psyche. And thats gonna come out whether your like it or not. All you can do is realize it and deal with it, perhaps by buying the 2070 something edition of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" with the introduction by Damien Knight and taking its principles to heart. Basically only the closest friends, your fellow runners, and your family will understand you and then even they may look at you different, "You aren't the son I raised! You aren't the baby girl I remember!", whatever. gently caress them too if they don't understand you right? But.

Eventually this may or may not dawn on you in a moment of realization at what you've become. You've asked for all of this poo poo from the moment you walked into the first clinic. And this, not all of it, but quite a bit of it, will be poo poo you gotta deal with. If you are a weaker willed person you might be getting a bit suicidal, taking crazier jobs and putting yourself in high risk situations in the hopes the Street will fix the mistake (the mistake of you being born) for you. Stronger willed folks, you've made peace with this as the life you chose.

Anyone below essence 1: Is either entering or in various stages of cyberpsychosis. I had a thing written about this but SA ate it up and the thing I wrote up there is plenty.

Whats the tl;dr about that whole bit? Why'd i sperg hard about this? Because while I was writing this thing up for TheBible I also thought about Essence and what it means to me as a player and now as a GM. Its not just a number that limits you from stacking on so much poo poo till you suddenly die cause "magic". Everything you put in you, you pay body, mind, and soul. Body when you first get implanted, mind as you get used to the new you, and soul in Essence as you eventually reach the point where your soul wants to be free of your body so bad it tries to kill you. In another system (CP2020), we called this humanity and it served the same purpose only you could get it back if you put effort in, whereas Essence for some reason you can't. So think carefully about how deep down the augmentation rabbithole you wanna go. I'm going to treat you accordingly and expect you to play your character appropriately, taking into account your strengths and drawbacks, especially the drawbacks when appropriate. Otherwise, well, you know.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

QuantumNinja posted:

Query for the GM: How much to Grid subscriptions cost?

200 for any additional one.

Manifest Dynasty posted:

How do you feel about porting over a mentor spirit from an earlier edition?

I think I answered you on irc but yes as long as you convert it to 5E with references to said edition and I don't think its dumb.

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

Preliminary Picks aka the guys who get in unless someone tops their apps. Bolded are the veterans whose slots are pretty much not up for grabs unless you really beat their apps.
Quantum Ninja as "Mirage", Human Decker
ProfessorCirno as "Lucky Shot", Elf Street Samurai
Lazy Bear as "Ronin", Human Street Samurai
Old Kentucky Shark as Kelly Bose, Elf Shaman
Dyne as "Rigger", Dwarf Decker

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 17, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
A heads up; the new Shadowrun book has a ton of NYC stuff. I might alter a few bits and pieces of my girl to fit things.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Awesome! I have a spot!

Anyways, I need to get my hands on said book. There may be some minor changes on my sheet, but I doubt it.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013

Born and raised in The Pit, Carter never really had a chance to be anything but a gang member. He had a choice pretty early in his life, be strong or get stepped on and, being a troll, he chose strength. His strength was different than others of his race though. He was strikingly intelligent. He used his brains to manipulate things until he was noticed by another awakened, an ork named Blaze. The Ork took him in, for a price, and trained him in magical usage. The price was that Carter had to join his gang, The Crimson Crushers. Carter proved quite useful at combat and less subtle uses of magic.

He spent a good part of his mid to late teens basically in a constant state of rampage. Fighting, bleeding and recovering almost constantly for his new gang. About this time Carter felt something different, he began having dreams and seeing a wolf just in the corner of his eye. He felt like he must be going crazy, there was no way a wolf would be in the Pit... During a fight against a rival gang that the Crushers were losing many members of his gang fled in fear, leaving Blaze to be critically wounded. At this time Carter felt it for the first time, the rush of rage, the howl of indignation at the retreating and cowardice of the other Crushers. Carter managed to kill the remaining enemy but was wounded. He carried Blaze out of the burning hole that the battlefield had been turned into but the Ork succumbed to his wounds.

Due to his fellow gang members cowardice Carter, though a high ranking member of the group, began to distance himself from them. Taking on jobs in the Shadows and making money using the skills he had learned from his old mentor. Carter has purchased a small secure house in a less violent part of the Apple and is now looking to find a group, a pack, worthy of him.

pre:
Priorities(A,B,C,C,E)
Race - A(Troll+5)
Attributes - (20) 
Skills - C(28/2)
Magic - C(3 Rating 5 Free spells)
Resources - E(6000)

Init: 1d6+6
A Init:2d6+6
M Init 1d6+6(AR)

Name: Carter 'Stalker' Sanchez
Metatype: Troll

Attributes:(20 pts)[Priority B]
BOD	8	3
AGI	4	3
REA	3	2
STR	6	1	
WIL	5	4
LOG	5	4
INT	3	2
CHA	2	1	
EDG	3
ESS	6
MAG	6

Positive Qualities:-21
Hermetic Magician(No cost)

Mentor Spirit -5
-Wolf Mentor Spirit
--+2 for tracking Tests
--+2 Dice for spells, preperations and rituals in the Combat Catagory

Focused Concentration 4 -16 points
-Free Sustain up to Force 4

Negative Qualities:+27
Distinctive Style +5
-Much of Carter's upper body is tattooed with varius scenes carnage.
-On his throat is a tattoo of multiple heads impaled on spikes...
-Ominously there are many spikes without heads tattooed on yet...

Bad Rep +7
-Carter's tattoos show that he is a member of the violent troll/ork street gang the Crimson Crushers.

Weak Immune System +10
-Carter has always had a bit of a problem shaking illnesses

Prejudiced +5
-Corperate Wageslaves
-Outspoken

Skills:
Spellcasting[Combat] 6[8] 
Counterspelling 3
Pistols[semi auto] 3[5]
Perception 3
Etiquette[Street] 2[4]
Assensing 3
Astral Combat[Mages] 2[4]
Pilot[Bikes] 1[3] 

Skill Groups:(2 free, 15 karma)
Conjuring 3
-Banishing
-Binding
-Summoning

Knowledge Skills:
Gang Identification 3
Gang Territories 3
Magical Theory 3
Spell Design 4

Language Skills:
Englisn N
Or'Zet 3

Spells:
Manabolt
Powerbolt
Flamethrower
Lightningbolt
Stunbolt
Interference
Increase Reflexes

Contacts:
Mace (Ganger)
Conn 1 Loyal 3

Doctor Blue(Talismonger/Fixer)
Conn 4 Loyal 2

Weapons:
Browning Ultra Power 640
50 Ex-Explosive rounds 600
50 APDS Rounds		600
100 Regular Rounds	200
10 Spare clips		50

Armor:
Mortimer of London Berwick Suit 2600
Mortimer of London Argentum Coat 3600

SWAT Armor 8000
Ballistic Mask(custom) 300
-Mask is silver with blood seeming to drip from the eye and vocal holes in it

Gear:
Contacts 600
--Vision Enhancement 3 1500

Earbuds 150
--hearing Enhancement 3 1500

Hermes Ikon	3000
+Subvocal	50

Fake SIN 5	12500
-Jake Coleman(Body Guard)
+H-Pistol License 1000
+Armor License 1000

Magical Gear:
Force 2 Power Focus 36,000
Magical Lodge F8 4000
100 Drams Reagents 2000

Vehicles:
Harley Davidson Scorpion 12000

Lifestyle: Medium 10000

Nuyen Spent 101290
4710 Remaining
4d6x100 starting nuyen, dice roll 16
Starting Nuyen 6310 Nuyen

Karma Spent:
15 ON skill group
10 on spells
12 on focus bonding 
4 Spent on Contacts

malikial fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 25, 2014

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Felicia "Satin" Silke

code:
Priority Table
A: Skills (46/10)
B: Attributes
Ca: Magic (Adept: Magic 4, One rating 2 Active Skill)
Cb: Metatype (Elf: 3 Special Points)
E: Resources (6,000)

High Lifestyle (10,000)

Attributes:
BOD: 3/6 (1) (+1 for 15 Karma)
AGI: 5/7 (3)
REA: 5/6 (4)
STR: 3/6 (2)
WIL: 3/6 (2)
LOG: 3/6 (2)
INT: 4/6 (3)
CHA: 6/8 (3)
EDG: 2/6 (1 special point)
MAG: 6 (2 special points)
ESS: 6

Mental Limit: 5
Physical Limit: 5
Social Limit: 7
10 Damage Boxes
9 Stun Boxes

Skills: Group
Acting: 5
Stealth: 5

Skills: Active

Blades: 4
Escape Artist: 2 (8 Karma)
Exotic Ranged Weapon: 5
Pistols: 2
Gymnastics (parkour): 6
(8)
Perception: 6
Etiquette (corporate): 4
(6)
Negotiation: 6
Intimidation: 5
Armorer: 2 (Free Active Skill)
Computer: 1 (2 Karma)
Forgery: 4
Locksmith: 2

Skills: Knowledge
Academic: Fashion: 4
Academic: High Society: 3
Academic: Corporate Culture: 3
Language: Japanese: 4

Adept Powers:
Astral Perception (1 PP)
Danger Sense Lv. 2 (.50 PP)
Improved Ability (Impersonation) Lv. 4 (1 PP)
Kinesics Lv. 3 (.75 PP)
Light Body Lv. 3 (.75 PP)
Traceless Walk (1 PP)
Voice Control Lv. 1 (.5 PP)
Wall Running (.5 PP)

Qualities: Positive:
Catlike (-7)
Double-Jointed (-6)
Natural Athlete (-7)
Too Pretty to Hit (-3)

Qualities: Negative:
Addicted - Kleptomania: Moderate (+9)
Allergy (Common - Sunlight, Mild) (+10)
Distinctive Style (Albino) (+5)
Sinner (Criminal) (+10)

Martial Arts
Parkour (7 Karma, 2500 nuyen)
	- Leaping Mantis (Free)
	- Monkey Climb (5 Karma, 1500 nuyen)

5 Karma converted to 10,000 nuyen
4 Karma Left Over

2010 Nuyen Left Over

Contacts
Aeron Malak: Fence
Conn: 2  Loy: 2

Grunt: Lone Star Dispatcher
Conn: 3  Loy: 4

Kreine Virginia: Local Corrupt Politician
Conn: 4  Loy: 3
code:
Gear

Weapons (social loadout)
Victorinox Memory Blade (1500)
	-Fake License (1000)
Tiffani Elegance Shooting Bracer (1250)
	-Fake License (1000)
Injection Bolts x 10 (500)
	-Narcojet x 10 (500)
Tiffani-Defiance Protector (300)
Shiawase Armaments Puzzler (900)
	-Fake License (1000)
Clip of Stick 'n Shock for Shiawase Arms Puzzler (80)

Weapons (street loadout)
Ares Light Fire 75 - Silenced (1750)
Clip of Stick 'n Shock for Ares Light Fire 75 (80)
Ares 'One' Monosword (900)
	-Fake License (1000)

Armor (social loadout)
Heritage Business Dress (8000)
	-Rating 12	-Cap 6
	-Auto-Injector (Novacoke x 5 doses) (1550)
	-Biomonitor (300)
	-Auto-Picker Rating 6 (3000)
	-Sequencer Rating 5 (1250)
Second Skin (12000)

Armor (street loadout)
Chameleon Suit (1700)
	-Fake License (1000)
	-Rating 9
	-Thermal Dampening Rating 6 (3000)
	-Non-Conductive Rating 3 (750)

Electronics
Fairlight Caliban Commlink + hotsim mod (8250)
Trodes (70)
Subvocal Microphone (50)
Sunglasses Capacity 4 (400)
	-Image Link (25)
	-Smart Link (2000)
		-Fake License (1000)
	-Thermographic Vision (500)
	-Vision Enhancement Rating 1 (500)
Earbuds Capacity 3 (150)
	-Select Sound Filter Rating 3 (750)

Communications
Bug Scanner Rating 6 (600)
	-Fake License (1000)
Data Tap
	-Fake License (1000)

SINs
Fake SIN Rating 5 (Helena Fleece) (12500)
Fake SIN Rating 5 (Crystal Black) (12500)

Misc
Plastic Restraints x 50 (50)
Cellular Glove Molder Rating 4 (2000)
Maglock Passkey Rating 4 (8000)
Thermite Burning Bar (500)
Gecko Tape Gloves (250)
Grapple Gun (500)
	- Fake License Rating 5 (1000)
Stealth Rope 100m (85)

Drugs
Gamma-Scopolamine x 10 (2000)
The Big Apple. Probably one of the best places to hide in plain site, and after the "friends" I've made, the City calls to me.

It takes a lot of skill to move in and out of the high society haunts (although admittedly, a little magic helps), particularly when you've got a past to hide. I live a double-life; one running from my brand loving new criminal SIN, care of Ares, thank-you-very-much. If they didn't want people breaking into their labs, they really should use higher quality cameras and labs. I guess the quality was decent enough, though. The other, moving and shaking with the rich sons-of-bitches that put me behind bars in the first place.

I shouldn't have gotten caught, but thanks to my genetics failing to provide me any sort of skin, hair, or eye pigment, I'm a bit more recognizable than most. The trial was over in 4 hours.

I've reformed though, I swear it. No more clipping camera wires and sneaking into closed facilities for me. The best way in, after all, is through the front door. Make the right friends, tell the right lies, wear the right dress, and people will open the doors and serve you drinks while you rob them blind.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 18, 2014

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

"Boomer"

Daniel Kretzky used to be a corpie. Growing up in Seattle Awakened, and testing a high magical aptitude made him especially susceptible to being swallowed up by the corps. As a young man he got used to chasing scholarships and eventually landed a career in magical research. He had his parents' pride, a salary, and the insulation from the shadows that came with it.

At least until the aggressive relocations began. The magic labs Kretzky worked in had a habit of being absorbed by other corps that got covetous of their research. As the years flew by Kretzky toured so many cities he began to lose track. What he knew is that he hadn't been barely permitted to contact his family, let alone go home and visit them, so risk-averse was each employer to losing his talents.

So Kretzky decided to shed his corporate lifestyle and made a deal with one of his shadowrunner "escorts". He paid for the comsig of a well-connected fixer, paid him a big chunk of nuyen, and offered his services in exchange for arranging one of the riskiest and most difficult hack jobs around: wiping his SIN.

After months of planning, Kretzky had covertly tipped off his parents to meet him in New York. He slipped off a connecting flight to San Diego (where another corpie lab awaited him) and from that moment Daniel Kretzky's identity ceased to exist. Going by Boomer now, he has since struck a delicate balance between supporting his parents and working off his debt in the shadows.

code:
Metatype C
Attributes C
Magic A
Skills B
Resources E

Body 2/6	Will 6/6	Edge  7/7
Agi  2/6        Log  5/6	Magic 6/6
Rea  2/6	Int  3/6
Str  2/6	Cha  2/6

-Limits-
Physical 3(3)	Mental 7(7)	Social 6(6)

-Initiative-
Physical 5+1D6	 Astral 6+2D6	 ColdSim 3+3D6	 HotSim 3+4D6

-Qualities-
Focused Concentration 5 -20
Blandness -8
Bound Foci -18
Minor Addiction, Foci +4
Astral Beacon +10
Dependents +6 "James and Linda Kretzky" - Boomer's parents are getting
on in years but are still mostly able to fend for themselves. However,
they both have to work full time to get by, and any little emergency
could easily put them on the street. They need consistent financial help
from Boomer, and don't question where the money comes from because they
are used to not getting an answer. They will meddle in Boomer's affairs
whenever they find out that Boomer is about to do something dangerous.

-Skills-
Conjuring Group 5
Spellcasting 6 (Health)
Counterspelling 6
Astral Combat 5
Assensing 5
Ritual Spellcasting 1
Pistols 5 (Semi-Autos)
Gymnastics 5 (Dodge)
Running 4
Palming 5 (Planting)

-Knowledge Skills-
(Academic) Magic Theory 3
(Academic) Parazoology 3
(Interest) Scotch 2
(Interest) Theater 2
(Professional) Corporate Protocol 2
(Street) Street Clinics 2
(street) Mr. Johnsons 2
(Language) English N

-Spells-
Manabolt
Ball Lightning
Stunbolt
Stunball
Combat Sense
Mind Probe
Heal
Increase Agility
Increase Reflexes
Improved Invisibility

-Gear-
High Lifestyle	 10,000

Fake Sin 5 "Pete Harnisch" 12,500
-Firearm License 5	 1,000
-Concealed Carry License 5 1,000
-Magic License 5	 1,000
-Focus License 5	 1,000
-Driving License 5	 1,000

Ares Predator V 725
-Concealable Holster 150

Armor Jacket 1,000
-Thermal Damping 6 3,000
-Fire Resistance 6 1,500

Sony Emperor 700
-Subvocal Mic 50
-Trodes 70

Glasses 4 400
-Image Link 25
-Low-Light Vision 500
-Flare Compensation 250
-Vision Magnification 250

Autopicker 6 3,000

Cellular Glove Molder 4 2,000

Keycard Copier 6 3,600

Maglock passkey 4 6,000

Trauma Patch x3 1,500

Sustaining Focus 5 (Health) 20,000

Spellcasting Focus 4 (Combat) 16,000

Magic Lodge 10 5,000

Suzuki Mirage 8,500

-Contacts-
Fixer 5C 2L
"Zane Anders" Zane arranged Boomer's flight from corpie life.
While gracious for his continued assistance over the years,
Boomer sometimes suspects that Zane doesn't ever want his debt
to him to go away. Their relationship is very businesslike as
a result. He his Boomer's best source of gear and jobs.

Talismonger 3C 3L
"Grimaldi the Great" Boomer has been friends with Grimaldi for
about as long as he's lived in New York. Friendship can be a
burden though, as Grimaldi sometimes turns a business meeting
into an experiment with some ritual or enchantment or another
that he'd just developed.

Leftover Nuyen: 4,280
Leftover Karma: 2

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 20, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Mackenzie Maldonado

Born in the South Floridian Miami Metroplex to a pair of office drones, Mackenzie got her first taste of blood before leaving elementary school, having mauled multiple classmates for common schoolyard cruelties. The Santa Cachucha school for wayward young women likewise proved impotent for curbing assorted aggression issues, but did allow for new opportunities for sneaking out at night, brawling, and trolling the seedier parts of town near the slums. It was pretty clear that a life of corporate middle management was not in the cards.

It was to the relief of pretty much everyone involved when, at the earliest possible age, she joined the Caribbean League Coastal Defense Force, an organization better known for serving as piracy tech-school. Years went by and natural hostility was tempered with a more even handed leadership style that only smashed heads when the situation absolutely required it. By the time the Atzlan-Amazonia war broke out, Mackenzie had her own crew, dropping off much needed supplies to Yucatan rebels and Amazonian guerrillas alike. In a very short time, smuggling led to outright mercenary work, the pay was good, and whatever bio and cybertech they could gank from the Azzies went back to the market or into her and her crew.

What began as a simple profitable venture to get chem weapons to Amazonian agents in Panama went awry when a freak rocket hit detonated the cargo and sank the smuggling vessel. Being trapped in a sinking ship with concentrated riot control agents burning your lungs is a great motivator for considering where your life is going.

After being down and out for the better part of a year with respiratory and general health issues, Mackenzie was asked by one of her old crew captains to come up to Yankee land to open up new "commerce route" for totally legitimate goods acquired in her home waters. After being briefed on the area by the local fixer, she's ready to wrangle with the newest crowd of murderous manchildren.

pre:
Skills A
Attributes B
Human C
Resources C
Magic E

Body 	4	Will 	3      Edge     7
Agi 	5(8)	Log 	3       Ess     3.1
Rea 	3(4)	Int 	3
Str 	5(8)	Cha 	6

Limits: 
Physical 8 Mental 4 Social 7

Init Physical 	
7+2D6 	     

Qualities: 
Bilingual		-5
-Flaws
National SIN (Carrib L.)+5
Prejudiced, Outspoken   +5
(vs Azzies)
Pred, Outspoken         +5
(vs Cops)
Allergy                 +20
(CS Gas, Severe)    

Skills:
Armorer 1
Automatics 6 (SMGs +2)
Con 4
Firstaid 1
Instruction 3
Intimidation 6 (In your face +2)
Perception 6
Pilot Ground 1
Pilot Watercraft 3
Sneak 6
Throwing 1
Unarmed 6

Groups
Athletics
-Gymnastics 4(6)
-Running    4(6)
-Swimming   4

Influence
-Etiquette 6
-Leadership 6
-Influence  6
Outdoors
-Tracking 1
-Nav.     1
-Survival 1

Knowledge:
English N
Spanish N
Atzlaner Spanish 1 (Threats, insults, and obscenities +2)
Military Tactics 6
Black Market Pipelines 3
Urban Brawl 1

Gear

Augmentations
Syn.Booster     1, .5e  - 95,000

Bone Density 3     .9e  - 15,000
Used Muscle Aug 3  .75e - 69,750
Used Muscle Toner3 .75e - 72,000

Lifestyle, Security, Comm/Electronics

Fake SIN lvl 5         - 12,500
(Sarah Sanchez, Security Adviser)
-Aug Licensing 5       -  1,000
-Gun Licensing 5       -  1,000
High Lifestyle x1month - 10,000
Transys Avalon r.6     -  5,000

MirrorshadesAviator Glasses-400
-Smart Link            -  2,000
-Fl. Comp              -    250
-Lowlight              -    500
-Image Mag             -    250

Armor:
Execsuite Clothes      -  2,000

Weapons:
HK URBAN COMBAT        -  2,300
-Regular+3 Mags        -    185
Smoke x2               -     40

Misc:
Medikit lvl 3          -    750
Jazz x1                -     75

Karma remaining: 1
Nuyen remaining: 0 + 5D6x500 (10,000)
Contacts:

Jean-Paul Danticat, 4L 5C: Head of the local C.League consulate in NYC, he and Mackenzie had served together on several crews before he went on to bigger things. Part of his duties include acting as the fixer for whatever services, "grey economy" or otherwise, that the folks back home may require.

Eyeball: 2L, 1C. Bartender at a local dive. Good for small talk when Mackenzie is feeding her functional alcoholism.

Moon Unit aka Oh God shut the hell up: 1L,1C. Homeless schizophrenic that wanders around the neighborhood at night somehow dodging NYPD and security outfits. Sometimes his rants contain interesting or useful information instead of just being bizzare, unhinged, and/or terrifying.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 23, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I want to make something because I want to play Shadowrun but I might not have time to make a thing before next weekend.

Edit: Mandozer talk to me tonight on irc I want to ask you things, have an idea for fluffing my shaman but want to know if it sounds acceptable.

Waci fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 18, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Maybe I missed some posts but the overly generous starting cash really screams "make a swarm-o-drones" rigger to me.

Someday I will manage to read and understand the rigging/matrix rules and make a rigger. I love the idea of drones but the mechanics of them never make sense to me and the "briefcase" sizes control unit seems lame as gently caress.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
My original background was a pretty godawful placeholder and I replaced it, also tweaked my sheet a little.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
I am exhausted from work but here is my late submission, the rigger brother to Dyne's decker character.

Bernard Chase

(Bio is very similar to that of the other, I will fill this in with a few unique characteristics when I am less trashed.)

pre:
Priorities:
A - Attributes (24)
B - Skills (36/5)
C - Metatype (Dwarf)
C - Resources (240k Y)
E - Resonance

Attributes:
BOD: 4/8 AGI: 5/6 REA: 5/5 STR: 4/8
WIL: 4/6 LOG: 6/6 INT: 5/6 CHA: 4/6
EDG: 1/6 ESS: 4.0
+2 dice to resist pathogens and toxins, +20% lifestyle increase

Limits - Mental 7, Physical 6, Social 6
Initiative 10+1d6
Physical Monitor Box - 10
Stun - 10

Skills:
Perception 5
Automotive Mechanic 6 (Wheeled)
Aeronautics Mechanic 3 (Rotary Wing)
Pilot Aircraft 5 (Rotary Wing)
Pilot Ground Craft 5 (Wheeled)
Gunnery 5
Automatics 4
Sneaking 3
Forgery 3

Skill Groups:
Electronics 5

Knowledge Skills:
Professional - Breaking & Entering 3
Professional - Mechanic 3 
Interest - Bliss Use 3

Qualities:
Gearhead -11
Juryrigger -10
Photographic Memory -6
Analytical Mind -5
Moderate Addiction (Bliss) +9
SINner: Corporate Limited SIN +15
Distinctive Style +5

Cyberware and Bioware:
Rating 3 Control Rig (Delta) (502,000)
Fairlight Caliban Commlink (Delta) (22,000)
Renraku Tsurugi (Beta) (304,775)
Smartlink (Delta) (10,000)

Gear:
HK-227 - Smartlink, Silencer (1,960)
Horizon Flying Eye x 5 (10,000)
MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone x 4 (20,000)
Actioneer Business Clothes (1,500)
Hermes Ikon Commlink (3,000)
Data Tap (300)
Headjammer (900)
Platinum Credstick (500)
Fake SIN [Rating 1] (2500)
Fake SIN [Rating 3] (7500)
Fake SIN [Rating 6) (15000)
Fake License [Rating 6] (1200)
Cellular Glove Molder [Rating 4] (2000)
Keycard Copier [Rating 6] (3600)
Maglock Passkey [Rating 4] (8000)
Sequencer [Rating 6] (1500)
Datajack (1000)
Bliss (50 Doses) (750)
SK-Bentley Concordat
Nissan Hound

Lifestyle: High (6.6k, split with Walter Chase)

Contacts:
Jean, Drug Dealer (3/4)
Johann, Street Doc (3/2)

Karma Expenditures:
Gearhead -11
Juryrigger -10
Photographic Memory -6
Analytical Mind -5
Moderate Addiction (Bliss) +9
SINner: Corporate Limited SIN +15
Distinctive Style +5
-4 Pilot and Mechanic Specialties
-10 Gunnery 5
-6 Professional - Breaking & Entering 3
-6 Professional - Mechanic 3 
-6 Interest - Bliss Use 3

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

New Prelims, bolded are the people whose slots are not up for grabs period. 2-3 slots up for grabs at this time. I'm getting to the point where I'm almost satisfied with what I got so if anything consider the 31st not only the day recruitment ends but the day the game starts. I'm either shaving down to 6 or bumping to 8, I'm not sure.

TheBible as "Satin", Elven Adept
Dyne and Nopants as the Chase Brothers, Dwarven Rigger/Decker duo.
Ronwayne as Mackenzie Maldonado, Human Street Samurai
Malikial as Carter, Troll Mage

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 20, 2014

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Well drat. Ah well, c'est la vie. Y'all have fun, and I suppose if anyone drops consider me for the reserve list. I have Platinum, so feel free to PM me.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Lazy Bear posted:

Well drat. Ah well, c'est la vie. Y'all have fun, and I suppose if anyone drops consider me for the reserve list. I have Platinum, so feel free to PM me.

It ain't over till its over!

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Something I've been meaning to mention: Corporate Enclaves{SR4 sourcebook} also has a section on Manhattan. Might be worth looking at. And I still think Attitude{Also SR4} should be read by every SR newbie, because it gives a lot of insight into what it means to be a Shadowrunner in general. Also, the gear in there is super-cool, but that's neither here nor there.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

ah boo, there is no way I'll get all the way through the book and get a chargen up that'll be worth doing by the time this starts, I look forward to reading the game to see how it plays.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Erin "Ljósálfr" Nylund

Erin grew up in a corporate enclave in Stockholm, with most of her upbringing being determined according what the powers that be (that is, the Saeder-Krupp Potential Development Committee for the Guidance of Juvenile Citizens) had decided would be the most likely to result in her growing into a loyal and competent employee. Of course, that's exactly what she did. The Great Dragon had not granted oversight of the growth of his future minions to incompetents. She went from corporate-approved schools and recreational clubs to a corporate-sponsored university program (magical theory, as had been determined suited her skills), to employment at Saeder-Krupp in a magical R&D project.

Things went well. She really did have an aptitude for the field, and her career advances accordingly. Eventually, she developed something of a workplace romance (well, a workplace fling, anyway, seeing as actual romantic love was quite certainly not involved) with one of the people coordinating her team's efforts with those of other teams in other places. He even flew her visit him in Essen for a weekend once when his wife was away, under the guise of a business trip. Being the boss' mistress had its perks. She found out things about the company's development projects that were far above her pay grade. Unfortunately for her career, she objected to them quite strongly.

She wanted nothing more to do with the project. She considered telling the rest of the development team what their efforts were contributing to, but decided against it. She wasn't a rebel whistleblower, she just wanted to get out safely. She realised that if she simply quit, there'd be questions, there'd be consequences. There might be a disappearance, a tragic accident, an unsolvable murder. Then she realised the only person who knew that she was aware of the nature of what they were working on was her lover. There was a tragic accident. He fell out of a ski lift during a recreational company outing one fine winter evening. The blame fell on the lift manufacturer. A faulty safety bar hadn't locked properly.

During the mandatory counselling sessions, she expressed an interest in an extended unpaid vacation, pointing out that her contribution to the project had largely been completed and that the remaining work before her inevitable transfer to different tasks was simple enough to be portioned off to interns. Her relationship with the deceased was a common topic of gossip among her coworkers, and the Scandinavian branches of the megacorps were under increased pressure to maintain a façade of social responsibility, so her request was granted. When she came back, a position equal in pay and nature would be waiting for.

Obviously, she left out the bit about never intending to come back. With advice from an old friend, Ludwig, she found herself an apartment in Manhattan, and settled there. This was accompanied by the expected posts and pictures on the usual social networks. What wasn't openly associated with her matrix presence was that she also asked Ludwig for another favour in addition to identifying a good neighbourhood. She knew Ludwig occasionally dealt with shadowrunners, or at least their usually better dressed handlers, as a part of his job, and she felt she could trust him. They'd been close since high school, and had kept in touch when Ludwig moved to Manhattan in pursuit of a promotion. She explained her situation to him, and he briefed him in the basics of how shadowrunners operated, introduced her to her first Mr Johnson, with a promise that despite her lack of experience with the usual dynamics of runner teams she was quite skilled at the things she did, and a fixer who helped her arrange fake documentation.

pre:
Name: Erin Anna Lucia Nylund
Street name: Ljósálfr
Metatype: Elf

A: Attributes (24)
B: Magic (Magician)
C: Skills
C: Metatype (Elf)
E: Resources (+6000)

Body		3
Agility		4
Reaction        4
Strength	2
Willpower	6
Logic	        5
Intuition	5
Charisma        6

Edge:	        3 
Magic:	        5
Essence:	6

Initiative:     1d6+9
Astral Init:    2d6+12

Limits:
Mental:		8
Physical:	4
Social:		8

Condition Monitor Boxes:
Physical:       10
Stun:           11
Overflow:       3

Skills:
Spellcasting 4
Counterspelling 4
Ritual Spellcasting 3
Etiguette 5
Leadership 4
Negotiation 5
Con 3
Computer 1
Assensing 3
Pistols 2
Arcana 3
Disguise 1
Gymnastics 1
Pilot (Ground) 1

Skill groups:
Conjuring 2

Knowledge skills:
Corporate Politics 4
-Focus: Saeder-Krupp
National Politics 2 
Magical Theory 4
Magic Threats 2
Magic Groups 2
Corporate Security 2
Fashion 2
Alcohol 1
Mr. Johnsons 1

Languages:
English N
Swedish N
Sperethiel 3
German 2
Japanese 2

Spells:
Heal
Detox 
Stabilize
Analyze Truth
Mind Probe
Trid Phantasm
Physical Mask
Control Thoughts
Homunculus
Ice Sheet
Mob Mind

Initiate grade: 1
Metamagics: Flexible Signature

Bound Foci:
Power (Force 2)

Qualities
Corporate Sin (Saeder-Krupp Born)
Low Pain Tolerance 
First Impressions
Bilingual
Astral Chameleon
Focused Concentration 2

Contacts:
Saeder-Krupp Wageslave in Manhattan (7/5) (Friend)
Fixer (3/2) (Fixes)
Talismonger (2/1) (Mongs talis)
Barkeep (1/2) (Gossips like a fishwife)

Gear
Total:		122 000		
Detox formula -500
Heal Formula -500
Power focus -36000
Magical Lodge (Force 10) -5000
Reagents (25 drams) -500
High lifestyle (2 months) -20000
-Real SIN
Low lifestyle (2 months) -4000
-Fake SIN
Executive Suit -2000
-Concealed Holster -150
Ares Victory RT Platinum -1500
-Concealed Holster -150
Armanté Dress -2500
-Concealed Holster -150
Fake SIN (Rating 5) -12500
-Fake spellcasting license (Rating 5) -1000
-Fake pistol license (Rating 5) -1000
-Fake concealed carry license (Rating 5) -1000
-Fake focus license (Rating 5) -1000
-Fake driving license (Rating 5) -1000
Erika Elite -2500
-Sim module -100
-Registered to real SIN
Renraku Sensei -1000
-Sim module -100
-Registered to fake SIN
Assorted everyday clothing and credsticks and stuff -900
Basic Docwagon contract -5000
Tiffani-Defiance Protector -300
-Ammo -50
Nitama Sporter -300
-Spare clips -20
-Ammo -100
-Registered to real SIN
Nitama Sporter -300
-Registered to fake SIN
Suzuki Mirage -8500
-Registered to real SIN
Dodge Scoot -3000
-Registered to fake SIN

Change: 1500+(500x5d6) nuyen

Karma expenditure (current: 0):
Corporate Sin +25
Low Pain Tolerance +9
First Impression -11
Bilingual -5
German 2 -3
Fashion 2 -3
Mr Johnsons -1 
Extra Contacts -5
1st Initiation -13
New spell -5
New spell -5
Bound Power Focus -12
Alcohol 1 -1
Pilot (Ground) 1 -2
Japanese 2 -3
Alternative identities:
Julia Bergström
A second-generation immigrant, and an on-again/off-again wagemage contractor at an S-K subsidiary. Erin has taken some care to maintain a matrix presence as Julia suitable for a socially awkward shut-in of acceptable legal standing but lower economic status, with occasional signs of mild alcoholism and a habit of spending beyond her funds on fashion (Erin's best idea for explaining why the few times she'd been seen by the neighbours she'd been dressed in clothes that cost more than safehouse she rented in Julia's name cost in a month).

Contacts:
Ludwig Goldstein: (C7/L5)
A close long-time friend, almost like a brother to Erin. Works at S-K Prime, mostly as an intermediary between S-K Johnsons and other parts of the corporation. Loyal to the corporation he was born into, but sympathetic to Erin's desire to get out of a nasty project and, for someone so thoroughly a company man, relatively critical of the corporation's less ethical endeavours.

Lilly Matthews: (C3/L2)
A fixer. SINless freelancer, but something of a corporate sell-out compared to some of the more idealistic people in the shadows.

Daniel Flores: (C2/L1)
Talismonger and part-time hermetic magic tutor. SINner (UCAS citizen, rather than corporate), runs a licensed "independent" (in reality, a subsidiary of a subsidiary of a Aztechnology subsidiary) store. Less than scrupulous about whether the people he teaches are properly licensed, but maintains a respectable appearance.

Jordan Long: (C1/L2)
Bartender at an up-scale cocktail lounge in Upper East Side. Not particularly influential per se, but a decent source of gossip, and an even better maker of Manhattans.

Waci fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 30, 2014

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gah, stupid 5th edition. If it was 4th, I could have a (admitidly badly made) character up by now. I think i have the corebook pdf somewhere and I have the Big applesauce book.

Was thinking either a Rigger posing as a guy running a cab, or a physical adept martial arts instructor running to keep his dojo alive.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Due to IRL relatives visiting I'm delaying the start of the game to roughly 2 weeks from now because I'm gonna be the one showing them around NYC. See you then.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
But Cis, I wanted you to show me around NYC.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
Oh no. :ohdear:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Due to IRL relatives visiting I'm delaying the start of the game to roughly 2 weeks from now because I'm gonna be the one showing them around NYC. See you then.

Belay this poo poo, they are in and out the house and I don't have to play tour guide for 2 weeks so we're back on schedule. Infact we're starting now.

First the cast.

TheBible as "Satin", Elven Adept
Dyne and Nopants as the Chase Brothers, Dwarven Rigger/Decker duo.
Ronwayne as Mackenzie Maldonado, Human Street Samurai
Malikial as Carter, Troll Mage
Waci as "Ljósálfr", Elven Corp Mage on Vacation

Second. Old Kentucky Shark, Malikial, Waci, and maybe Cirno? I dunno I didn't talk to you about other perks your char might deserve. Get at me sometime on irc on that.

Third. Play starts as soon as I post here again with a link to the IC thread. Thanks for the apps guys, if anyone falls out I'll PM you and ask if you are still interested to take their slots. It was pretty hard to decide and I was happy with the general quality that everyone put out. Love shadowruns, anywho brb writing a OP.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I've gotten like 4 intros covered out of 8 (1 is the dwarf brothers so its like both of them at once), in my OP on word. I have a massive cold as well. tl;dr your GM is a bitch and couldn't power through this without putting out a poo poo update so I'm gonna finish up after a good nights sleep and probably like 2-3 bottles of tropicana in the morning with some chicken soup to boot. :toot:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Consider conggee as well. Basically chicken broth or chick soup+rice+peas and carrots and whatever you like in soup. Easy to eat when sick, and keep down as well.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I've gotten like 4 intros covered out of 8 (1 is the dwarf brothers so its like both of them at once), in my OP on word. I have a massive cold as well. tl;dr your GM is a bitch and couldn't power through this without putting out a poo poo update so I'm gonna finish up after a good nights sleep and probably like 2-3 bottles of tropicana in the morning with some chicken soup to boot. :toot:

Since moving to Korea, I can't eat chicken noodle soup anymore. Not after having eaten Samgyetang.

It just doesn't compare.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Its time baby, its time.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oh yeah for matrix rules I'm stealing quantums house rule.

QuantumNinja posted:

thelazyblank:

I have an idea for I'd like to try for decking, and I want to know if you're interested. It's this:

- Getting / erasing marks (meaning both Hack on the Fly and Brute Force) will remain Complex Actions.
- Every other Matrix Action becomes free, but if you want to do more than one every one after the first is a simple action.

My aim in this is two-fold: first, I think the Matrix economy is sort of poo poo, and should be rectified. Second, if it wasn't clear from the fluff I've written, I've tried really hard to reconcile how matrix hacking works with how computers work IRL, and as far as I can tell the mark system is the most realistic piece of it. As such, I'd like to mark system to carry onward, with the idea of 'getting exploits' into systems, and let everything else sort of work naturally because if you've got root in a box you can make it do whatever sort of instantly.

Again, this will be experimental, and your enemies will use it, too. If you're alright with that, let's proceed with Matrix things as I've described them. If not, lemmie know.

Also something you should be aware of, theres a new splatbook (Bullets and Bandages 5 bucks for it) that came out that adds medical optional rules. This is a freebie i'm gonna give you from that. I've always been a fan of high lethality in my cyberpunk style games since I started with CP2020. Also I used to be a medic in the service so the optional rules look cool to me though I just skimmed it. Haven't really digested the whole thing. This one thing is in though.\
tl;dr bleedouts are possible for you and the enemy. Don't let me gently caress you up

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

FYI, once the planning is in motion, don't hesistate to hit my PC up for leadership rolls to boost y'alls diepools/limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Time for us to hit the matrix, other decker!

• Locked thread