Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Do you think it's possible for American soldiers to wield wristblades akin to those in Assassin's Creed and it's sequels in the military? For a close up kill, I have to imagine it would be faster than a regular knife, or even a gun, in certain circumstances. I could even see it as something to wear behind enemy lines in an undercover scenario, in case poo poo goes south and you need a quick, silent kill. I would think the knife could be activated with some sort of electronic trigger, maybe a hand motion, I actually don't know how the one in Assassin's Creed works exactly. Regardless, if properly designed, I feel as though wristblades could be an important part of the American arsenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
It should obviously be activated by voice command.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
ND your wristblade while jerkin it in a portashitter.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I got an idea lets put a gun on the wrist but instead of attached to the wrist you hold it with your hand and that way you can store it comfortably when you aren't using it

I call it "the assassin creed not on your wrist but in your hand assault rifle"

Its going to be huge. Issued knives will be kept in locked bags for entire deployments!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I like this idea

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just cut off my hand and replace it with a knife. All I use my hand for is cutting, anyway.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Cut my fingers in to pieces

This is my last resort

Affixed to my wrist, no jackin'

Don't give a gently caress I filet my dick wackin'

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 12, 2014

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
They should make the motion to activate it the same motion you use to jerk off. This motion isn't used very often so it's clear that when it is done that you clearly want to use the wrist knife.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I wore one. NBD.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
america needs another war so threads like these stop showing up here

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is my last resort

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
i thought the marines did this then it got banned? too deadly?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

We already use them- but the Geneva Convention says we can only use them on equipment, not people. That's why we stab so many people in the hat and web gear.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Grem posted:

Just cut off my head and replace it with a knife.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Replace all soldiers with knives, and then make robots made of knives to wield our brave knife boys and knife girls

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is my last resort

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is my last resort

*wicked sick guitar solo*

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

ok guys it was the end of the fiscal year and we still had some money in the budget so I told our RA to buy wristblades for everyone

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The GEP gun is the best weapon for a silent takedown

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
PC to be replaced by hood that resembles bird, stacks of hay distributed liberally in iran

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is my last resort

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

I vaguely remember TapTheForwardAssist once posting a story about how at his first contracting gig, there was some Natty G O-2 who insisted on carrying a leg holster with three throwing knives in it or some poo poo.

I need those bro

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
With all the mayhem I had to deal with retards hurting themselves with regular knives, yes, we need wristblades. Medics gotta learn how to stitch yo.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There's always that one fuckin' weirdo who has 5 or 6 knives on his kit and thinks he's goddam Solid Snake or some poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
had a weirdo in fox who wanted to use his knives to torture iraqi detainees. kid was super quiet and reserved in soi then he got to the fleet and got a bunch of lovely tats and went nuts

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

There's always that one fuckin' weirdo who has 5 or 6 knives on his kit and thinks he's goddam Solid Snake or some poo poo.

Metal Queer?!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i dont know what this is but im gonna inflict it on you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLOTceRmcI

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

This is the same knife loving hillbilly that fillets his hand open while playing with one of his over priced, lovely, qvc, as seen on tv, knives.

Also lol at the dumbasses that buy Kabars for 200 bucks despite being issued a super lethal rusty one FOR FREE at the armory.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 14, 2014

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
but this ones an oif commemorative special edition with inlaid gold filigree accents

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i dont know what this is but im gonna inflict it on you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLOTceRmcI

That was a really, really bad youtube poop.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Painsaw posted:

With all the mayhem I had to deal with retards hurting themselves with regular knives, yes, we need wristblades. Medics gotta learn how to stitch yo.

We had a guy lock himself in our best shitter and said he was going to kill himself so we kept sliding diggit knives under the door so he'd hurry up and do it, he had a pretty good pile built up there. He chickenshitted out of course

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Do you think it's possible for American police to wield wristblades akin to those in Assassin's Creed and it's sequels in law enforcement? For a close up kill, I have to imagine it would be faster than a regular knife, or even a gun, in certain circumstances. I could even see it as something to wear in minority neighborhoods in an undercover scenario, in case poo poo goes south and you need a quick, silent kill. I would think the knife could be activated with some sort of electronic trigger, maybe a hand motion, I actually don't know how the one in Assassin's Creed works exactly. Regardless, if properly designed, I feel as though wristblades could be an important part of the LEO arsenal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I just watched iron man 3 for the first time today, and Tony Stark uses a wrist blade pretty effectively.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just watched iron man 3 for the first time today, and Tony Stark uses a wrist blade pretty effectively.

I'd just like to see the sort of damage an American soldier could do with such a weapon.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

net cafe scandal posted:

I'd just like to see the sort of damage an American soldier could do with such a weapon.

google image search "belgian congo punishment"

now imagine gigantic faggots in digicam instead of malnourished africans

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
The idea of the wrist knife is awesome, but what if the enemy is at a distance? Let's upgrade it to wrist-knife-crossbow for maximum awesomeness

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNhYJgDdCu4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Be careful what you wish for.

http://www.boredpanda.com/steel-retractable-wolverine-claws-colin-furze/

• Locked thread