Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008

Lothire posted:

*Also we're heading into the next adventure with this, so level up to 4. Remember Alpha PHB/Basic rules in effect.

This a fact? Time to read through the paladin section in full...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Doctor Epitaph posted:

This a fact? Time to read through the paladin section in full...

Confirmed. Ryuuj said the next adventure starts with PCs at level 4 so the magical handwave happens.

I still contend we were supposed to go back and murder the dragon after "defeating" Maechen, to get the requisite XP; according to the DM, she is tougher than the dragon, so :smug:

edit: Ghepard might return as a multi-class monstrosity.
Alternatively, should we shuffle the deck? Does anyone want to bring in a completely different character for the next leg?
I figure now would be a good time to get crap like that sorted out, particularly with regards to splitting up loot and integrating new players. Maybe pause the narrative for a bit, I think.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 24, 2014

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Ryuujin posted:

Spoilers are you still building something? Whycalibur you are up in the main thread now.

poo poo, sorry. It doesn't look like I'm going to have the time to put in the effort this game deserves :(

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

P.d0t posted:

Alternatively, should we shuffle the deck? Does anyone want to bring in a completely different character for the next leg?

I'm pretty content with Sion the way he's shaping up, but will be running something past Ryuujin in chat. Also, more money is awesome.

We've got time sitting at this tavern if we need it for anything. Whycalibur should be with us now as well so welcome to the game.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Would Zaffre know the locations or any landmarks/identifying characteristics of the other two altars from his vision? Even if he doesn't have a specific location, maybe he can describe it and someone else will recognise the description.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I'm juggling some ideas about how to tweak Ghepard to level 4, using Fighter and Rogue. Any suggestions?

Here's my thought process:

Benefits of MC Fighter/Rogue

Proficiencies:
Armor:
All armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Saves: STR, CON, DEX, INT

Tools: Thieves' Tools
Skills:
4 from [Athletics, Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Investigation, Insight, Perception, Deception, Intimidation, Performance, Persuasion]

Class Features:
(rogue)Expertise: Double proficiency on 2 skills (or 1 skill + Thieves' Tools)
(rogue)Sneak Attack: 1d6
(fighter)Fighting Style: (probably) Archery [+2 to ranged attack rolls]
(fighter)Second Wind: Bonus Action to regain 1d10+FighterLevel HP once per rest

Fighter 3/Rogue 1
    + take Battle Master for Superiority Dice/Maneuvers
    + better HP
    + Action Surge

Fighter 1/Rogue 3
    + take Assassin for Assassinate (Advantage on attack rolls if initiative is higher, normal hit -> crit on surprise rounds)
    + Sneak Attack improves to 2d6
    + Cunning Action

Fighter 2/Rogue 2
    + Action Surge
    + Cunning Action
    - no Archetype features

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 28, 2014

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
I see Ghepard as less of a fighter and more of a sneaky rogue. I'd say either go for 2/2 for the Action Surge and Cunning Action. In my IRL game, I've found that being able to get that bonus Disengage to pop in and out of combat is especially helpful, if things get crowded and you're not in heavy armor. Action Surge is also a Good Thing to Have.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
The 1 in fighter is a good move either way you go (make it first for better starting HP?). Not sure what to think about Action Surge, nice to have but I think getting 3rd for cunning action and more sneak is going to work better for you and your new bow.

Either way, Ghepard's been the one to bring the hurt, so I think whichever you choose will work well enough. I don't know which works better, though.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Alright, I think I'm gonna go with the following changes:

Rogue 3/Fighter 1
STR 11
CON 12
DEX 14+2
INT 12
WIS 15+1
CHA 08

Skill Profs:
Race: Perception (+5)
Class: Athletics (+2), Acrobatics (+5), Stealth (+5), Sleight of Hand (+5)
Background: Insight (+5), Investigation (+3*)

Expertise:
Thieves' Tools (+7)
Investigation (+5*)

Fighter 1 gives me:
    Combat Style (Archery) for +2 to ranged weapon attacks
    Second Wind
    Proficiency with All armor (but not shields?), simple weapons, and martial weapons

Rogue 3 gives me:
    2d6 Sneak Attack
    Roguish Archetype (Assassin)
    proficiency with disguise kit idgaf and poisoner's kit eh, we'll see
    Assassinate

I was thinking about going Rogue 4 and taking the Alert feat, but eh, +2 is pretty hard to pass up.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 28, 2014

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
I'm in Europe at the moment, so my access will be sporadic. I'll post if I can, but otherwise just steer me around if you need to. I'll post again here when I get back.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
So due to big Monk changes in PHB, it became impossible for my bonus unarmed attacks to get past immunity. Which means I could not do any damage other than one staff attack against the golem as the follow up shots would do nothing (it had immunity, not resistance). Ryuujin is going to allow my unarmed shots to count as magical so long as I use my staff as my main attack, under the stipulation that we keep an eye on the issue so it doesn't get out of hand (get it? unarmed, out of hand?).

Thankfully those staff charges made up the bulk of the damage the first round, but it's considerably depleted now so I will be holding onto them for a while!

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
I'm mostly back. Will read up on the posts I missed.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Ghepard retires undefeated. :clint:

...naw, I'm sure he'll be back at some point. :dukedog:

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Thanks for running, Ryuujin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Sion [Info/Quicklook]
HP: 29/29 (2HD) | AC: 16 | Arrows: 20 | Ki: 2(2) | Casts: 1st 3(3)

It was a good run while it lasted! Longer than most games I think.

Well Monk really went through a lot. I'm not sure how I feel about it now - I hate the reduced damage and the new Martial Arts, I hate the heavy reliance on Ki to do fun poo poo and I hate unarmed strikes not being magical until 6. But, Cleric was great and the flavor of a Friar is fantastic. It would have gotten better at higher levels, which is something to look forward to.

The adventure I wasn't so taken with. Really great depth to the story, but it's clearly meant for rules that are not recent. Still, had a good time! Being able to do skill checks at the end of an attack roll was great, as well as putting that torch fire stuff at the end of the quarterstaff.

• Locked thread