Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yikes, hopefully nothing important was taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
They made off with some electronics, but it was mostly outdated half broken stuff so nothing too big, plus we have renter's insurance so that'll help.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. TehWarsmith, are you still hanging around somewhere?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

LifeGetsWorser posted:

They made off with some electronics, but it was mostly outdated half broken stuff so nothing too big, plus we have renter's insurance so that'll help.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. TehWarsmith, are you still hanging around somewhere?

Glad to hear it!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

LifeGetsWorser posted:

Glad to hear no one was hurt, and that nothing precious was taken. Happy to have you back!

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
I am for sure still here. Was in a play whose rehearsal schedule kind of devoured my normal free time, but it is now over so I will get things going shortly.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TehWarsmith posted:

I am for sure still here. Was in a play whose rehearsal schedule kind of devoured my normal free time, but it is now over so I will get things going shortly.

Double yay!

Worser: this setting and the work you put into it is so awesome that I'm running a game for the SA Facebook group based on it. Wish me luck.
!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dude, awesome! Let me know if you have any questions about stuff.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
If you've already worked up Vissicitude, post it up here. I know I have one player interested in playing a Tiz

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Your wish is my command:

Vicissitude
Vicissitude is the signature power of the Tzimisce and is rare outside that clan. Similar in some respects to Protean, Vicissitude allows the Fiends to shape and sculpt their own or others' flesh and bone. Alterations resulting from Vicissitude are permanent. Vampires can heal these alterations as thought they were aggravated damage, while mortals require corrective surgery. Uses of this power to inflict damage do heal, but leave noticeable scars.
Note that while this Discipline permits powerful and horrific effects, the wielder must obtain skin-to-skin contact and must often physically sculpt the desired result. This even applies to the use of the power on oneself. Kindred skilled in Vicissitude are often inhumanly beautiful; those less skilled are simply inhuman.
Many uses of this Discipline use the Crafts Skill, but the character requires a specialty in Body Crafts to make full use of it. Using Vicissitude without this Specialty imposes a –2 penalty on the appropriate roll.

• Malleable Visage
A vampire with this power may alter her own bodily parameters: height, build, voice, facial features and skin tone, among other things. Such changes are cosmetic and minor in scope - no more than a foot of height gained or lost, for example. She must physically mold the alteration, literally shaping her flesh into the desired result.
Cost: 1 Vitae (or more, see text)
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Crafts + Vicissitude
Action: Extended, every roll represents one minute of manipulation.
Changing the vampire’s form requires the expenditure of one Vitae per body part changed. Every success on the roll allows for the alteration of one body part. Impersonating another person requires a Wits + Subterfuge roll. The character can grant herself the Striking Looks Merit using this Discipline. Doing so requires the expenditure of a Willpower point, and imposes a –2 or –4 penalty depending on which version of the Merit she is trying to gain.

Suggested Modifiers
Modifier Situation
-2 The character is attempting to modify his appearance to imitate another person.
+2 The character has an accurate representation of the person he is trying to impersonate.
-2 The character is trying to re-create a specific person’s image purely by memory.
+1 The character is involved in a Blood Bond with the person he is trying to impersonate.
+1 The character has a Blood Tie to the person he is trying to impersonate.
+3 The character is simply trying to change his own appearance without impersonating anyone in particular.

•• Fleshcraft
This power is similar to Malleable Visage, above, but allows the vampire to perform drastic, grotesque alterations on other creatures. Tzimisce often use this power to transform their servitors into monstrous creatures, the better to frighten foes. Only flesh (skin, muscle, fat and cartilage, but not bone) may be transformed.
Cost: 1 Vitae
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Crafts + Vicissitude – Stamina
Action: Instant or Extended, see text
Using this power in combat requires the character to grapple the target (p. 157 of the World of Darkness Rulebook), and this makes fine manipulation impossible. The character can disfigure a character fairly easily, imposing a –2 penalty on Social rolls depending on physical appearance. The character can also inflict organ damage, using this power as an attack inflicting lethal damage. Given time, the vampire can shift flesh and muscle, reordering a target’s Physical Attributes as she sees fit. Using this power for quick and dirty alterations is an instant action. Using it to bestow Striking Looks or reordering Attributes is an extended action using the same dice pool (each roll is one hour of work, three successes per dot moved or level of Striking Looks bestowed).

Suggested Modifiers
Modifier Situation
-2 The character is attempting to modify his own appearance.
-4 The character lacks points in the Medicine skill or has no knowledge of anatomy or biology.
-4 The character is attempting a drastic alteration to the subject’s body (changing genders, making a fat person skinny, making a nightmarish creature out of a normal human).
+1 The character is involved in a Blood Bond with the subject
+1 The character has a Blood Tie to the subject.

••• Bonecraft
This terrible power allows a vampire to manipulate bone in the same manner that flesh is shaped. In conjunction with Fleshcraft, above, this power enables a Vicissitude practitioner to deform a victim (or herself) beyond recognition. This power should be used in conjunction with the flesh-shaping arts, unless the vampire wants to inflict injury on the victim (see below).
Cost: 1 Vitae
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Crafts + Vicissitude – Stamina or Dexterity + Medicine + Vicissitude – Defense, see text
Action: Instant or Extended, see text
The character can alter the target’s bones. Used as an attack, the roll is Dexterity + Medicine + Vicissitude – Defense, and inflicts 3L damage. The character can also cause a target’s
rib cage to move inward, piercing the heart. This imposes an additional –5 to the roll, but instantly kills a mortal target. Against vampires, it halves the target’s Vitae pool in addition to inflicting lethal damage normally. Used to alter, the character can give a target (or himself) bony spikes on his knuckles or quills from anywhere on the body. Either application inflicts one point of lethal damage. This requires an extended action (one hour per roll, target is three success for knuckle spikes or five for quills). The roll is Dexterity + Crafts + Vicissitude – Stamina. Knuckle spikes inflict 1L damage, and quills inflict two points of lethal damage per turn during a grapple, or one point of lethal damage to anyone making a bare-handed attack on the character.
Clever players will doubtless come up with other uses for this power, and the Storyteller should use these systems as a guideline.

•••• Horrid Form
The Tzimisce use this power to become hideous monsters; naturally, this provides great advantages in combat. The vampire’s stature increases to a full eight-feet; the skin becomes a sickly greenish-gray or grayish-black chitin; the arms become apelike and ropy, tipped with ragged black nails; and the face warps into something out of a nightmare. A row of spines sprouts from the vertebrae, and the external carapace exudes a foul-smelling grease.
Cost: 2 Vitae
Dice Pool: none
Action: Reflexive
The character’s Strength and Size ratings increase by 2, while any Social actions other than Intimidation automatically fail. The character also grows bony spikes from his hands, which inflict 2L damage.

••••• Bloodform
A vampire with this power can physically transform all or part of her body into sentient vitae. This blood is in all respects identical to the vampire’s normal vitae; she can use it to nourish herself or others, create ghouls or establish blood bonds. If all this blood is imbibed or otherwise destroyed, the vampire meets Final Death.
Cost: none
Dice Pool:
Action: Instant
The character can liquefy his physical form, turning part or all of it into a pool of blood. If the character changes part of its body into a pool of blood, the player determines how many Vitae points that part is “worth.” The blood can move on its own, and the vampire can see through the blood, manipulate objects as though the blood had Strength 1, and slip into the mouths of sleeping individuals to create a Vinculum. If the pool is destroyed, the vampire can regrow the missing part by expending Vitae equal to the amount that the part was “worth.” If the vampire liquefies his entire body, he is immune to physical attacks, can slither up walls and across ceilings, can slip into any crack, no matter how small, and can “see” in pitch darkness. He can envelop targets, causing any mortal target to roll their Willpower or fly into a panic. He can also use mental Disciplines (including Auspex, Chimerstry, Dementation, Dominate, Majesty, Nightmare, and Animalism) on enveloped targets. The character still suffers damage normally from fire and sunlight, and resisting frenzy from these sources requires one additional success.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
YAY POSTS!!!!!!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry about the delay in posting; had some trouble getting back into the swing of things. Going to post soon, I just need to reread the thread to refresh myself on a few things, so it'll be a little longer before I get that done. Should be up within this next day though.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Thank you for your patience everyone - back from vacation means more time to post (and the ability to consult my notes), so there's posts in both threads for you guys.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Beep boop, where are you War? It's sort of frustrating if Alicia's the core of the party and you keep vanishing.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I think War said he was doing a play?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
I thought he said he was in a play, and now that it was over he'd have more free time.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hey Worser: Can you forward me the Necromancy file again, I seem to have lost it and have a Giovanni in my facebook game. Thankfully he's a fresh embrace and will learn necromancy during play.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ok, general post to try and ping TehWarsmith and see if he's still around or coming back.

I haven't moved things forward because at the point in (both game's) plot, stuff'll be coming to the U of R and I wouldn't want to leave Alicia out of it. However, that does leave the rest of you guys in a lurch, for which I apologize.

So, while we have this sort of paused (and if I never hear from Warsmith again I'll cook up something), in the meantime I'd be down for running a side-story sort of deal with all you all.

This could be a few things.

1. It could be my Sabbat idea, which I had still be floating, in which case everyone could make Sabbat vampires, I might throw you all some additional xp, and we'll do that for a while.

2. I have been interested in picking at Demon, or potentially another WoD splat, and I have, well, theories, for how I would potentially mash some of that up and make it make sense in my crazy combined reality, so if you guys have a preference on that and want to do that, we could.

3. A completely non WoD game! We could potentially take a breather altogether and see if we can do a different thing in the meantime. That's not high on my list, of course, but it would be something different and wouldn't leave Warsmith out in the cold as much, assuming he's still with us in theory.

So, if you all still have interest and have a preference on the above, chime in and we'll figure some stuff out.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
I'd be fine with this with the proviso that a hard deadline for the regular game to resume be included. I'd rather not see the sidestory balloon out and replace the main campaign.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
You know I'm down for Sabbat! Demon would be cool too, but I'm staying away from other splats until their 2nd editions come out because I'm elitist like that, I guess.

If War never comes back, I guess Ricky has to step up and start managing the campus. Their new mascot is gonna be Fang.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

All three of these sound like fun options. I've got plenty of other WoD splats I'd love to play with (adapting old Mage to New WoD could be cool, as could playing the Technocracy alongside Demons, or seeing what old WoD Promethians look like...), I would get a copy of Demon to try it out, or whipping up a new Sabbat guy is cool by me also.

And if Warsmith never comes back, that just means Benjamin's plan to take over the Uni is working, right? :p

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Alistair also has plans for the university campus, bwhahahahahaha, but I think the Demon thing would be great if you guys wouldn't mind helping me to set up a character.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Leo would need to find a new translator, also a new in on taking out Abramo. Also, a new reason for hanging out with Amber/Ricky. Any of you Cams open the possibility of switching sides?

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
All of the options sound cool. I don't know very much about Demon, but it sounds really cool and I'd be open to making a new character for that. Or a ruthless and urbane Sabbat character. Or anything else really.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

I am going to Europe from Oct. 4th to Oct. 22nd, so I will sit out any new thing. But I am happy to keep playing Loren if the main game continues in some way!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Any progress on one-shots or restarting the main game? It's been 6 weeks since Warsmith has posted anywhere, I'm not feeling confident he'll be back.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I'm curious about this also. Definitely still interested, regardless of what we decide to do.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Just checking in. Is this game dead? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Looks like it has, if this starts up again I am willing to play, but in the meantime, RIP Vamp thread.

• Locked thread