Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dunban posted:

Klose has announced his retirement from the national team.

Knew it had to happen sooner or later, just didn't ever want to see it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I honestly thought he'd 'schlepp seinen Kadaver' (his words...) to Euro 2016. If only as mentor / mascot type of player and maybe one or two easy goals.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

Klose has announced his retirement from the national team.

drat, I was hoping he'd play us in the qualifiers.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Sad day to see Opa Klose go :(

mackintosh posted:

drat, I was hoping he'd play us in the qualifiers.

He's not one of the evil mercenaries betraying glorious Poland, so you are okay with him, right? Why did you hope he would play you in the qualifiers?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Torrannor posted:

He's not one of the evil mercenaries betraying glorious Poland, so you are okay with him, right? Why did you hope he would play you in the qualifiers?

He's the KING Evil Mercenary betraying glorious Poland, he chose to play for Germany instead of Poland and scored more goals than anyone ever in world cups, appeared in more semifinals than anyone else ever, and won the whole thing to cap off his career.

Suck it Poland.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Thanks for everything, Miro! May your record live longer than Ronaldo's!

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Miro is a hero. Glad he didnt waste his talent playing for Poland.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

frankenfreak posted:

Thanks for everything, Miro! May your record live longer than Ronaldo's!

Hmm, if Müller continues at his current pace he will overtake Miro in 8 years.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Torrannor posted:

Hmm, if Müller continues at his current pace he will overtake Miro in 8 years.

I'm ok with this outcome.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Torrannor posted:

Because he's a bona fide legend and everyone here likes him. Same with Podolski. They made cheering for Germany palatable. I watched literally thousands of people cheering when Germany won the World Cup. Before Miro and Lukas this would have never happened.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

mackintosh posted:

Because he's a bona fide legend and everyone here likes him. Same with Podolski. They made cheering for Germany palatable. I watched literally thousands of people cheering when Germany won the World Cup. Before Miro and Lukas this would have never happened.

So why can't you cheer for Lewandowski he at least plays for your lovely national team.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

hopterque posted:

So why can't you cheer for Lewandowski he at least plays for your lovely national team.

Because he doesn't give a poo poo about the national team and treats it as a chore. He does the absolute minimum, prancing around the field like a loving fairy, all the while being cuddled and pandered to like a god damned prima donna. The only reason that oval office is still around is because of his massive sponsorship agreements that are making him insane money. Otherwise he'd have "retired" a while back. He brings nothing of value to the team, while his massive ego is keeping some talented guys out of the team because his royal highness doesn't like them.

Now let's not poo poo up the German national team thread with my musings on a polack gastarbeiter any further.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Aaaand another one: Mertesacker is also retiring from the national team.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

drat I've always had a soft spot for Big Per. Only 29

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Schweini as new captain, but of a surprise he was chosen over Neuer tbh.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Vetitum posted:

He's been the vice-captain since 2010 and if you had seen the World Cup final, this decision would not even make you doubt the decision for a second hth

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Vetitum posted:

This isn't a surpise at all.

Also in the "Mannschaftsrat" are Neuer, Müller, Khedira and Hummels. Thomas Schneider will be Löw's new assistant coach.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Anyone making the trip down in October?

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

Vetitum posted:

Makes complete sense. Schweinie earned that for his many years of leadership, and his performance in the WC final.

Once he calls it a (national team) career in a couple of years, Neuer, Mueller, Khedira or Hummels will be the right age to step up. Although I'm personally not a fan of GK's as captains, it does seem like of that group Neuer is currently the front runner. But time will tell...

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Oliax posted:

Makes complete sense. Schweinie earned that for his many years of leadership, and his performance in the WC final.

Once he calls it a (national team) career in a couple of years, Neuer, Mueller, Khedira or Hummels will be the right age to step up. Although I'm personally not a fan of GK's as captains, it does seem like of that group Neuer is currently the front runner. But time will tell...

uuuuhhhh King Kahn??!?!??!?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I'm deffo gonna watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sS0eLQweSc

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'll pay to see Müller in a Dirndl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Phwoar, can't wait to hear Bela Rethy's voice in glorious surround sound at my movie theatre

• Locked thread