Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Victor Vermis posted:

What that human being line-cutter, that crusty old 1st Sgt, and I didn't realize is that the world is lousy with challenge coins and gods.

Goldmine, close thread.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trijicon_biblical_verses_controversy

Mine had Isaiah 60:1 on it. I was dumb and didn't think anything was odd about a serial number with a colon on it until the LAMESTREAM media blew it out of proportion.

The end.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Victor Vermis posted:

During our first week of SOI the entire company of students assembled *voluntarily* to listen to some crusty old 1st Sgt sell a book he wrote. The title of the book was something like Jesus for Marines or Foxhole Faith for Marines.

What struck me about this incident was that, unlike boot camp, nobody seemed into it this time. 1st Sgt is equating homosexuals with pedophiles and pigfuckers, pepping us up for holy war, and warning us not to trust any atheists that might've slipped through the cracks at MEPs... but afterwards everybody was all mmmkay 1st Sar'nt.

A few days later, a sickly looking hispanic student threatened to kill me when I called him a human being for cutting in line. We were waiting to buy SOI challenge coins. I purchased two of them. For the majority of us, this was the last time we ever gave a poo poo about challenge coins. That was shower-shoe logic: god is dead, but at the other end of this thing I'll have a bitchin' challenge coin collection.

What that human being line-cutter, that crusty old 1st Sgt, and I didn't realize is that the world is lousy with challenge coins and gods. Those who carry both are of little use to the infantryman: chaplains, DoD civilians, "war"/"combat" "veterans", that guy from your bootdrop litter who has a breakdown between 1st and 2nd deployments and isn't allowed to draw a rifle anymore, military history enthusiasts, pogs, boots, boot-rear end-pogs, grandpas great and sergeants major.

This truth is not given as an enabling learning objective at SOI, but all true warriors come to know it thusly; between the first and second syllables of "fire", a whisper: "Their coin is given for your submission. Their god is given for your soul."

Victor Vermis
Deadly Delta

Doesn't belong at the bottom of any page. VV is a loving poet

• Locked thread