Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

How has your pet brought you closer to our great Lord and Saviour? I personally felt our Lord's presence increase upon getting a dog, he truly made me feel the warm presence of our Lord and perfectly fulfilled my prayers to spite heretics who aren't allowed to have them.

All in all it has been really enriching to have a friend to share my faith with.

How has your pet brought you closer to our Lord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

FartGhost posted:

How has your pet brought you closer to our great Lord and Saviour? I personally felt our Lord's presence increase upon getting a dog, he truly made me feel the warm presence of our Lord and perfectly fulfilled my prayers to spite heretics who aren't allowed to have them.

All in all it has been really enriching to have a friend to share my faith with.

My parrot has somehow learned the phrase "Oh God, yes, yes!" It is truly a sign of gods love to hear her shout out in praise!

That or thin walls.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
My pet monkey proves that evolution does not exist. Just like the Lord said in the Bible.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Given all the loving times he's tried to kill me I'm gonna say yes.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I mean, I'm not sure if the goats count as pets per se, but the rituals have been going really well.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Death and killing brings one closer to god.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Sure have! That is, given the number of times I've yelled, 'God drat it, STOP THAT!' at various animals.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Every time my barfing cat barfs on the carpet, I tell her "God dammit I hate you so much." It makes me feel much closer to the Lord.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Slugworth posted:

I mean, I'm not sure if the goats count as pets per se, but the rituals have been going really well.

Read that as "ghosts"

Holy Ghosts :angel:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

FartGhost posted:

Yeah, Ive tripped over her so many times one of these days she just might succeeded on killing me.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I tell my dog "I swear to God" a lot, so I imagine its helped.

beckyogg
Jul 12, 2006

My lungs don't work. Now it's time to sing!
One time while I was sleeping Apollo stepped on my chest directly on an incision site from a recent minor surgery, and I shouted "loving Christ, cat!" as I threw him across the room. The little rear end in a top hat is just fine, of course. Adorable bastard.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
My little moster dog Bindi rules now in Hell, gleefully nipping the souls of the damnned.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
When my dog empties the trash can all over the kitchen I say "Jesus Christ" a lot.

When he's being super cute, like if he's having a doggy dream, I will say "Oh my god look at that dog" to anyone within earshot.

I'm sure the Lord shakes his Holy Head with me and also goes "Aaaaw, what a beautiful beast which I hath created."

Disco_Bandit
Sep 8, 2006
one time i had a little hermit crab that had a cross on one of his claws

Chicken in Black
May 22, 2005

So lovely
When our conure yells "drat IT!" it is clearly due to religious fervor

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
Of course! All dogs go to heaven, even the ones who were jerk faces in animated movies.

The goats are another story. I'd have to say yes, by virtue of shouting at them. The horse too, though in the sense of "God dammit, if burying that thing wouldn't be such a hassle I'd wish it dead." It kicked my favorite goat and I can hold a grudge.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell.

Pyramid Scheme
May 21, 2007

No.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

my conure is named Amadeus because like the great composer, he is a devout catholic.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
When I was a child, I took one of my pet gerbils to a "blessing of the animals" at a local church. They blessed my gerbil. That's my story, hope you like it.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Now that you mention it...

St. Francis of Assisi posted:

All things of creation are children of the Father and thus brothers of man. ... God wants us to help animals, if they need help. Every creature in distress has the same right to be protected.” “Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them wherever they require it.” “If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who deal likewise with their fellow men."

So there you have it, OP.

But I still love eating chicken, so sorry animals.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Ema Nymton posted:

But I still love eating chicken, so sorry animals.

I think if you're friends with the chicken in the first place and agree over whiskey to feast upon the other's corpse once they die, it all works out in the end.

In other news, drink with your chickens.

PicnicBasket
Mar 21, 2010
Whenever investigating loud sounds, this little poo poo of a cat is always there, perfectly still, staring back like I just interrupted a summoning ritual. Should I get the Catholic Church involved?

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.

PicnicBasket posted:

Whenever investigating loud sounds, this little poo poo of a cat is always there, perfectly still, staring back like I just interrupted a summoning ritual. Should I get the Catholic Church involved?

I dunno, man. Getting the papacy behind an exorcism takes years.

PicnicBasket
Mar 21, 2010

GabrielAisling posted:

I dunno, man. Getting the papacy behind an exorcism takes years.

I don't want to let this get out of hand, though. Are there any intermediate blessings/rituals that would hinder any negative entities the cat is trying to interact with while we wait for the papacy to get behind us on this?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

PicnicBasket posted:

I don't want to let this get out of hand, though. Are there any intermediate blessings/rituals that would hinder any negative entities the cat is trying to interact with while we wait for the papacy to get behind us on this?

Try voodoo. They tend to have much more open schedules.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

grack posted:

Try voodoo. They tend to have much more open schedules.

That's more for inflicting than removing negative energy. Or bringing a pet back when you accidentally back over it in the driveway. Then all you need is a quick go with an air compressor or bicycle pump to get the body back in to the proper shape and no-one need ever know until the rot sets in.

PicnicBasket posted:

Dunk the little perisher in a bath of holy water. If it spits and fights like mad, you know it's purging whatever evil is possessing your cat.

PicnicBasket
Mar 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dunk the little perisher in a bath of holy water.

Not quite sure if this is sound advice, as cats are well-known haters of water. Please don't make me drown my cat.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
My dog licks her butt then licks my face. I like it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
God doesn't exist and by extension neither do dogs

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

thatbastardken posted:

God doesn't exist and by extension neither do dogs

*quotes yourlogicalfallacyis.com @ u, smirks underneath fedora*

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Literally euphoric right now.

Mar 25, 2004

I'm pretty sure at least one of my dogs is god, so, probably pretty close seeing as 3 of them are within a 4 foot radius of my desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

My dog thinks her name is "goddammit Ally", so probably pretty close. :v:

• Locked thread