Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

you're just swinging wildly at this point, aren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

you're just swinging wildly at this point, aren't you?

Well yeah how else are you supposed to get motion controls to work?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hrm. thread seems to be a support group for wii u survivors. best not trigger them any further

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

quakster posted:

hrm. thread seems to be a support group for wii u survivors. best not trigger them any further

man your a pretentious rear end in a top hat aren't you

im stoked for this it means i can play smash bros without having to learn yet another new controller

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well yeah how else are you supposed to get motion controls to work?

by using the wiimote, a controller that works, instead of the ps move or kinect

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

by using the wiimote, a controller that works, instead of the ps move or kinect

No one of these things work.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I'm sorry to hear about your muscle disorder that keeps you from being able to make simple motions in a fluid manner.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

quakster posted:

You seem to have mistaken this forum for a group of people who don't like solid fuckin gaming. You should try a different forum, like E/N, where you can ask them where your lovely joyless life first started to go downhill.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm sorry to hear about your muscle disorder that keeps you from being able to make simple motions in a fluid manner.

No I'm pretty sure the problem lies within Skyward Sword.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Taint Reaper posted:

No I'm pretty sure the problem lies within Skyward Sword.

i played skyward sword without any problems with the motion controls, i think that most people who played it were giant babies about it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

How Rude posted:

i played skyward sword without any problems with the motion controls, i think that most people who played it were giant babies about it

Did you beat it with 100% completion?

Because there's quite a few heart pieces which involved some vague bullshit with the controls that did not work as well as expected(i.e. fun fun island).

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Why Don't They Just Keep Making Super Nintendo Controllers?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

why would they?

Because the replica controllers made by third parties today are horseshit and garbage and you honestly need official controllers.

NOJ still made special edition ones every other year for the Nintendo rewards thing.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

zen death robot posted:

why would they?

i mean as a wii U adapter. if you want to make any nintendo controller as Nintendo, why would you not just make the most iconic ideal?

maybe add extra shoulder buttons or some other kind of poo poo to it if wiiU games need more buttons (do they?), but its weird that they would ignore their most powerful product, especially in their time of need.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Did you beat it with 100% completion?

Because there's quite a few heart pieces which involved some vague bullshit with the controls that did not work as well as expected(i.e. fun fun island).

I beat it 100% competition and I can't remember having any real problems with the controls. The most was getting the skyward strike to work iirc. Uhh the only thing that really chapped my rear end was fighting enemies with swords, and they'd just teleport their sword to be in the area you're striking even though he was holding it elsewhere.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Because the replica controllers made by third parties today are horseshit and garbage and you honestly need official controllers.

NOJ still made special edition ones every other year for the Nintendo rewards thing.

the madcatz gamecube controllers were actually really good and fit in my hands pefectly.

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

i mean as a wii U adapter. if you want to make any nintendo controller as Nintendo, why would you not just make the most iconic ideal?

maybe add extra shoulder buttons or some other kind of poo poo to it if wiiU games need more buttons (do they?), but its weird that they would ignore their most powerful product, especially in their time of need.

they did this with the wii:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

they did this with the wii:

Good. Thank you. Do it more.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

You seem to have mistaken this forum for a group of people who don't like solid fuckin gaming. You should try a different forum, like E/N, where you can ask them where your lovely joyless life first started to go downhill.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Borsche69 posted:

the madcatz gamecube controllers were actually really good and fit in my hands pefectly.

I'm talking about modern day SNES controllers.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Star Wars Rogue Leader, here I come.

• Locked thread