Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

When does their Spike TV contract expire?

If it close to that time, I could see TNA using the footage to create "controversy".

"Spike TV cut off our broadcast Thursday night. They said our footage is too graphic and extreme. They do not want you to see the footage. It is TOO hardcore for TV so go to [dumbass website] to see it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

If it close to that time, I could see TNA using the footage to create "controversy".

"Spike TV cut off our broadcast Thursday night. They said our footage is too graphic and extreme. They do not want you to see the footage. It is TOO hardcore for TV so go to [dumbass website] to see it."

October.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Finally Wrestlezone's got the scoops, brother!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Suben posted:

Finally Wrestlezone's got the scoops, brother!
And Magnus has fodder for another article bitching about it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm sure Daffney will appreciate the irony if Dixie really did get herself hurt on a stunt that likely won't air on tv.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

There's references to the spot all over the spoilers for the shows after it happens, so I assume that they just haven't considered it and will have to put it up on youtube or the website.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

And SPIKE renewed their last deal that ended in October too in May of that year. It is essentially July now obviously.

For whatever it is worth as anti-TNA and TNA writer Dave Lagana as he is Court Baurer who has links to SPIKE said that SPIKE will most likely renew with TNA but at a much greatly reduced rate due to the decrease in star power in the interim since the last deal. Meltzer thinks they will be resigned by SPIKE too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

And SPIKE renewed their last deal that ended in October too in May of that year. It is essentially July now obviously.

For whatever it is worth as anti-TNA and TNA writer Dave Lagana as he is Court Baurer who has links to SPIKE said that SPIKE will most likely renew with TNA but at a much greatly reduced rate due to the decrease in star power in the interim since the last deal. Meltzer thinks they will be resigned by SPIKE too.

I've suspected that ever since TNA hired that PR firm to handle the TV negotiations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

at a much greatly reduced rate

Well it's not like they had to worry about paying their talent anyway :v:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

I've suspected that ever since TNA hired that PR firm to handle the TV negotiations.
Every time I'm reminded of this, I :lol:, 'cause Dixie Carter ran a loving PR firm and that's how she got into TNA in the first place.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Ah but Dixie's a master of PR. Unlike when WWE gets pissed at people who pursue outside ventures have you ever heard of TNA being against its own wrestlers, even its own champions, earning extra income on the side? That just shows how much TNA truly cares about its roster of talent.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

For some reason I'm getting sudden flashbacks to Dixie's master class of PR in front of the congressional subcommittee.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
And that motivational speech where she dressed down the entire roster to show everyone she's in charge and that Russo, Bischoff and Hogan can do no wrong and that anyone who doesn't like it can leave.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Perigryn posted:

And that motivational speech where she dressed down the entire roster to show everyone she's in charge and that Russo, Bischoff and Hogan can do no wrong and that anyone who doesn't like it can leave.

Doesn't top the WCW meeting with the whole roster where Bischoff said he'd grant anybody who was unhappy their release if they wanted it, and Raven got up and walked out immediately after that sentence finished, in front of everybody.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Eric did his speech backstage and away from the public. Dixie video taped it and put it up on youtube on the official tna channel.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Perigryn posted:

Didn't Homicide immediately ask for his release and get denied?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skinty McEdger posted:

Eric did his speech backstage and away from the public. Dixie video taped it and put it up on youtube on the official tna channel.

Wasn't this around the same time the TNA production guy berated the Impact Zone audience for chanting too much and called them "cast members"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Wasn't this around the same time the TNA production guy berated the Impact Zone audience for chanting too much and called them "cast members"

It was either the same taping, or a week or so removed.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I saw that. They weren't so much berated as told to cut down on the turd words, which is a reasonable demand.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

no more gang signs

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HulkaMatt posted:

no more gang signs

So that's why they fired Chavo.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn13PwaRQ6s

For those not watching at the time this wasn't an angle, and yes it is on the offical TNA channel.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HulkaMatt posted:

no more gang signs

The infamous "Crucial Crew" YouTube promo is forever lost to history, and I'm sill bummed about that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

For those not watching at the time this wasn't an angle, and yes it is on the offical TNA channel.

They opened an Impact with it playing too

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i miss the crucial crew so much

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Who are the Crucial Crew and what's their deal? I wasn't following TNA for the longest time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Loving that mildly concerned dude in the back in the video preview image. That dude is TNA.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Who are the Crucial Crew and what's their deal? I wasn't following TNA for the longest time.
A bunch of TNA marks that always sat at hard cam and mugged for the cameras. They were the ones chanting "You still got it" at an overly obese and immobile Jim Neidhart.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lakewood, New Jersey yesterday

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The best thing about seeing all these is seeing a house show in Beckley WV sell out more three years ago than a major city can today and the main event we were offered was Matt Hardy vs AJ Styles.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Skinty McEdger posted:

This is the first time I am seeing this, and I am amazed.

That speech sounds so desperate, I mean it is supposed to be this big "St Crispin's Day" speech, but everybody in the roster is sitting there sullenly. Dixie is trying her level best to sound tough and professional and capable, and is failing on every level. I can understand trying to up morale, (and if it was bad then, imagine it now), by speaking to your employees. Every failing companies CEO has tried this at one stage or another, but when it falls so spectacularly flat, WHY publicize it? All it does is show how bad morale is, how desperate you are, and how 2nd rate your company is.

Oh and to all the people saying that Dixie ran a PR firm- I imagine she "ran" the PR firm the same way she "runs" TNA. ie Somethinggiven to her by her parents to keep her out of theproductive flow.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is the first time I am seeing this, and I am amazed.

That speech sounds so desperate, I mean it is supposed to be this big "St Crispin's Day" speech, but everybody in the roster is sitting there sullenly. Dixie is trying her level best to sound tough and professional and capable, and is failing on every level. I can understand trying to up morale, (and if it was bad then, imagine it now), by speaking to your employees. Every failing companies CEO has tried this at one stage or another, but when it falls so spectacularly flat, WHY publicize it? All it does is show how bad morale is, how desperate you are, and how 2nd rate your company is.

Oh and to all the people saying that Dixie ran a PR firm- I imagine she "ran" the PR firm the same way she "runs" TNA. ie Somethinggiven to her by her parents to keep her out of theproductive flow.
It was theorized that Russo encouraged Dixie to do this because Hogan and Bischoff (who were still a couple of months off or so from officially starting with the company) were probably gonna have him removed.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

Lakewood, New Jersey yesterday

More people than I expected

I also like the truck parked right there on the side like someone is making a delivery of baseball equipment in the middle of the show

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Mr. Carlisle posted:

More people than I expected

I also like the truck parked right there on the side like someone is making a delivery of baseball equipment in the middle of the show

It's so insane that they thought that wrapping their truck was a bad expense cause that looks so bush league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

They're just handing these out like candy now.

• Locked thread