Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yard House is pretty good during happy hour cause I'm an enlisted poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
I like just about anywhere during happy hour.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Christoff posted:

Yard House is pretty good during happy hour cause I'm an enlisted poor

You went to the wrong place if you're just trying to get the cheapest drunk. Happy hour at the hideaway (goes from 4-7 iirc) is $1 beers.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Oh we still talking about Hawaii sorry

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh yeah I can't say about any mainland version of the yardhouse.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

So I was looking into applying for a position at a applied research lab doing signal processing (john hopkins or arlut) so should I try to contact my old chiefs and see if I can get some letters of recommendation?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You should keep in touch with your old chiefs just because. :chiefsay:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I don't even know if they are still in and I am a turd who doesn't use facebook.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dude I don't actually keep up with anyone like that. I guess I have a couple that I see periodically in togetherweserved emails, but that's it.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I found one on linkedin. To be honest I don't even know if its appropriate to email them and be like hey I haven't served in five years but could you help me out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't see why not. What's the worst that could happen? Either he doesn't care to or he will. Never hurts to ask.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I found one on linkedin. To be honest I don't even know if its appropriate to email them and be like hey I haven't served in five years but could you help me out.

What's asking gonna hurt? How on earth could they possibly gently caress you?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I'd rather email his command address but I gotta find it first.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I've written a few letters of recommendation for Sailors from my first division even years later. So long as you worked together long enough to actually form a decent impression, it should be fine.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

SPACE HOMOS posted:

So I was looking into applying for a position at a applied research lab doing signal processing (john hopkins or arlut) so should I try to contact my old chiefs and see if I can get some letters of recommendation?

Johns Hopkins. :colbert:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Mad Dragon posted:

Johns Hopkins. :colbert:

WOOPS.

I emailed one but can't find the other chief. I contemplated on emailing the first chief that was on the boat but he is kind of crazy.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

You should keep in touch with your old chiefs just because. :chiefsay:

I'm facebook friends with a few of my former chiefs. Some of them are master chiefs now and still hoohahin it on my feed. One of the cooler chiefs I knew was a big WoW gamer and I guess his gamer addiction was enough to alienate him from the rest of the goatlocker because he never gave a poo poo about what the other chiefs said and never really tried to be :chiefsay:. One of the first stories he told when I was just a fresh E3 was when his wife found him passed out on the floor with his eyes rolled back into his head because he binge played WoW for an entire weekend. Dude retired as and now does cool stuff like travel to exotic places to hike and chill.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

What's asking gonna hurt? How on earth could they possibly gently caress you?

A question you never, ever ask about the goat locker

(Ask the dudes for recommendations, unless you were a screaming shitbird they'll probably jump to it)

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

He responded pretty quickly and said he was going to make some phone calls.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Snowdens Secret posted:

A question you never, ever ask about the goat locker

(Ask the dudes for recommendations, unless you were a screaming shitbird they'll probably jump to it)

Once your a real human again the goat locker becomes benign

• Locked thread