Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Jeff Carter you are an ugly gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Somehow the kings didnt get a suspension for crushing Crawford behind the goal last game, whereas Shaw gets 2 games for clipping Smith as he tried to dodge along the glass in 2012.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I can't wait until this again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y1a4-MpU-8

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

CBJSprague24 posted:

Rick Nash or Jeff Carter is going to win the Cup. I don't know who I want less. :smith:
Well Carter already has one. Might as well have two.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Congrats to the Kings, only way this series could end was a game 7 OT. Odd bounces on the goals this game and the winner was no different. Easily the best series in these playoffs, two tightly contested teams playing great hockey. Not a goalie series when both teams are going full on offense.
I have a hard time seeing how the SCF is going to be better in the quality of play than this series.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Laderhan posted:

lol wow

look at browns loving knee

Arsene Wenger posted:

“Sometimes I see it [a foul by an Arsenal player], but I say that I didn’t see it to protect the players and because I could not find any rational explanation for that they did.”

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

Emetic Hustler posted:

Congrats to the Kings, only way this series could end was a game 7 OT. Odd bounces on the goals this game and the winner was no different. Easily the best series in these playoffs, two tightly contested teams playing great hockey. Not a goalie series when both teams are going full on offense.
I have a hard time seeing how the SCF is going to be better in the quality of play than this series.

Yeah, for all my officiating sour grapes, this sums it up

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Mr. Kite posted:

Well Carter already has one. Might as well have two.

That's...kinda how I see it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like how no matter which team wins the finals the knife gets twisted a little further into the Flyers' gut. Either Carter and Richards win another one or the team that knocked the Flyers out wins and plus it's a division rival

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

reach42 posted:

Yeah, for all my officiating sour grapes, this sums it up

I'll give you that, the officials were letting a lot of things go, in the Kings favour mostly but Hawks got their share of breaks as well. But still feel that it ultimately didn't matter in the end.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

I like how no matter which team wins the finals the knife gets twisted a little further into the Flyers' gut. Either Carter and Richards win another one or the team that knocked the Flyers out wins and plus it's a division rival

I'm cool with this.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I watched that whole game and didn't notice Richards once. Does he just totally suck now?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

ThinkTank posted:

I watched that whole game and didn't notice Richards once. Does he just totally suck now?

He was about as noticeable as Sheldon Brookbank tonight.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

No. LA is just really deep so he's not relied on to score. He's still a pretty nice player.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

I noticed him once when they were filming the bench and he was just getting off the ice. But that guy has totally fallen of the face of the Earth. What's wrong with him? Is the nightlife too distracting for him in LA too?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
No, he's actually pretty bad now. LA is deep, but given his history he should still be better than Pearson or Toffoli or Stoll or even Brown.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If the Rangers win the series, it will loving own, regardless of how it plays out. They looked like they were going to be getting a lottery pick at the start of the season.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

LA having a winning Hockey team just feels silly to me. Might as well have a champion soccer team in Baton Rouge

Yeah and who the gently caress is this Gretzky guy everyone keeps talking about?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tYJOGUmQt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoaymhZA0FI

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Lufiron posted:

Yeah and who the gently caress is this Gretzky guy everyone keeps talking about?

He won a bunch of Stanley Cups with the Edmonton Oilers. Then one day he just disappeared. :iiam:

There were rumors he turned up in St. Louis at some point but those remain unconfirmed to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

He won a bunch of Stanley Cups with the Edmonton Oilers. Then one day he just disappeared. :iiam:

There were rumors he turned up in St. Louis at some point but those remain unconfirmed to this day.
Something something about a curved stick and Montreal was the last Canadian team to hoist the cup in 20 years.

Yeah, I dunno man.

• Locked thread