Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nnelli
Jun 2, 2014
I have recently been trying my hand in a lot of different sports analytics and statistical analysis projects. Always been a math person, but am very new to this and kind of making it up as I go.

A lot of what I have been working on can be found at http://nnelli.wordpress.com/ and I would love to get any feedback and suggestions you guys might have.

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahbucks
Oct 21, 2010
I think your analysis, commentary, and graphs are pretty sound. I would work on the written and visual communication aspects of your blog. If you want to communicate an idea with data, using tables is almost never the most effective way. It's information overload for the audience unless you're using highlighting to point something specific out. If you want to include that sort of thing, put it as a link at the end of the post.

Also, as far as I know, nobody actually uses the radar chart . This one is especially confusing because there's so much going on. When you make visualizations, think of the main idea(s) you're trying to communicate and think of the best visual to do so.

Overall, I think your posts and analysis would be more productive if you focused on specific examples and explained why they're interesting using analytics. Your current analysis just seems to be "here, I did statistics" and its given to the audience. Focus is key. Keep it up!

• Locked thread