Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

NXT does house shows in parts of Florida I have never heard of and I've lived here all my life. I can't imagine they draw much in Wachula, FL, population 4000 with nothing in any direction for 40 miles unless people want to see NXT so bad they drive in from Lakeland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Daniel Bryan posted:

Remember when Raw had a cool opening that would get you pumped up for the show?

WWE.com remembers: http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-mashup-raw-goes-across-the-nation-with-todays-superstars-26399976

It's a little too busy visually and needs to have lets cuts but yeah, it would be great if RAW started like this again instead of that stupid WWE - Then / Now / Forever montage (even though it DOES have my man Jericho in it).

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Daniel Bryan posted:

no

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Daniel Bryan posted:

WWE.com remembers: http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-mashup-raw-goes-across-the-nation-with-todays-superstars-26399976

What are you talking about? Every episode HHH, Stephanie, or both come out and that's the opening. Doesn't that get you pumped up??

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I'd rather watch 20 minutes of Terry Funk yelling FOREVER on loop.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Daniel Bryan posted:

The late 90's/early 2000's RAW is WAR opening was the poo poo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYJUHaoNK6w

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kevin Hart's hosting Raw tonight.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The last graduate of the Dungeon.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sweeney Tom posted:

Luke Harper is gonna give him a bum bump.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Blasmeister posted:

Its weird, I basically never hear matches being called even when people in GDTs are commenting on how obvious it is - I've never been that great at picking out voices out when there's background noise so maybe its that.

I watched wrestling while stoned one night and not only could I hear ever move get called, I could hear people in the audience three rows away from the camera having conversations. It was a pretty weird night of wrestling.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sweeney Tom posted:

I can't wait for him to stand next to Khali, say he's short, and for this to somehow take 10 minutes.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Sockser posted:

I watched wrestling while stoned one night and not only could I hear ever move get called, I could hear people in the audience three rows away from the camera having conversations. It was a pretty weird night of wrestling.

Depending on how lovely the crowd is and/or match is going this is a very easy thing to have if you are either watching a live stream with headphones or have a 5.1 system and it's turned up/tuned decently.

Basically what I'm saying is, you'll notice this the next time you see a cool down/Divas match.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

projecthalaxy posted:

I can't wait for him to stand next to Khali, say he's short, and for this to somehow take 10 minutes.

Khali will come out, then Sandow will come out as either something that Hart's acted as or tangentially related (Such as a villainous foil or whatever) and then get beat up by Khali.

MapleCarnage
Dec 30, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

It's going to be Big Show, and Sandow will appear in black face.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It's my birthday today. Please deliver, WWE.

(they won't)

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Sweeney Tom posted:

I'm hoping Ron Simmons shows up for a nice, disappointed looking :drat:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave has confirmed the NXT cuts thing from SEScoops.

I just got this on my phone:

Probably the announcement of the second MITB match

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Yaya posted:

It's my birthday today. Please deliver, WWE.

(they won't)

They won't indeed. All I wanted for my birthday yesterday was a fist bump from Dean and I didn't get it. Jerk was five feet from me. :arghfist::mad:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sweeney Tom posted:

quote:

Xavier Woods @XavierWoodsPhD · 2h

So @KevinHart4real is coming to host #Raw #WWECleveland.... I told him to watch out for @RusevBUL 😐 @wwe

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave has confirmed the NXT cuts thing from SEScoops.

I just got this on my phone:

Probably the announcement of the second MITB match

"You all better work hard, if you don't want to end up like Jinder."

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Shima Honnou posted:

"You all better work hard, if you don't want to end up like Jinder."

Heath: :cry:

Bad News Barrett: :neckbeard:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh okay. Místico is going to be Myzteziz (which is apparently Místico + Genesis) in AAA only, he's going to be Sin Cara when he works in other Mexican promotions. Good luck with that, I guess.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Luigi Thirty posted:

NXT does house shows in parts of Florida I have never heard of and I've lived here all my life. I can't imagine they draw much in Wachula, FL, population 4000 with nothing in any direction for 40 miles unless people want to see NXT so bad they drive in from Lakeland.

You would be surprised. I went to a show in bumfuck Florida and the place sold out with kids treating Titus O'Neil like he was John Cena. I think he was from that town though.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Who is Kevin Hart and how good is his Sharpshooter?

E: Also a 2nd mitb for the case would be nice because a year without a cashin and a MitB PPV without the titular case would be sad and more ladder matches for the ladder match god

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

E: Also a 2nd mitb for the case would be nice because a year without a cashin and a MitB PPV without the titular case would be sad and more ladder matches for the ladder match god

I wouldn't be too sad about a burial of a potential champion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HHH: Take a close look at the track record of this company. You'll see that we've gambled in gimmicks usually regarded as nonprofit. Dentist gimmicks, prison officers, racecar drivers..... I say good business is where you find it. As you know, we now have deals for independent contractors, but at WWE we believe parity booking and reduced PPV bonuses are only part of the solution. No, we need something more - we need a 24-hour-a-day, 12-month-a-year sports entertainer! A sports entertainer who doesn't need to eat or sleep! A sports entertainer with superior muscles and the reflexes to use them. Fellow sports entertainers, it's a pleasure to introduce you to the future of sports entertainment. I give you... John Cena! Now, we'll need a volunteer.... Mr Slater?

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
So this week's RAW will feature my favorite member of the Hart family: Kevin Hart!

My first e;fb

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

The_Rob posted:

Sandow as the new 3MB member should be really into prog rock. He can carry a wizard bong to the ring, and tell the audience about the fine subtleties of King Crimson.

He can also have a traveling wood paneled basement like micks office, or APA's door, where he can play D&D with different wrestlers.
http://vimeo.com/10761305 So basically just morph 3MB into the band in this video?

Also I know there's creative accounting and marketing costs and etc. etc. to take into account, but See No Evil and The Marine turned a small profit based on stated budget vs. worldwide box office. So did WWE-produced films The Call, Oculus and Dead Man Down. I completely forgot the vast majority of these films though (Legendary, That's What I Am, The Reunion, Bending the Rules, Inside Out) because I guess I wasn't watching WWE television during whatever small window they were hyping the hell out of an Edge/Jamie Kennedy buddy cop film and it didn't reach Knucklehead/Chaperone level of mockery.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

HHH: Take a close look at the track record of this company. You'll see that we've gambled in gimmicks usually regarded as nonprofit. Dentist gimmicks, prison officers, racecar drivers..... I say good business is where you find it. As you know, we now have deals for independent contractors, but at WWE we believe parity booking and reduced PPV bonuses are only part of the solution. No, we need something more - we need a 24-hour-a-day, 12-month-a-year sports entertainer! A sports entertainer who doesn't need to eat or sleep! A sports entertainer with superior muscles and the reflexes to use them. Fellow sports entertainers, it's a pleasure to introduce you to the future of sports entertainment. I give you... John Cena! Now, we'll need a volunteer.... Mr Slater?

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
Ruptured the ACL graft I had done last October, and have to go in for a surgical revision.

Drugged to the gills and hoping Raw will distract me.

This is probably a vain hope, huh?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edwardian posted:

Ruptured the ACL graft I had done last October, and have to go in for a surgical revision.

Drugged to the gills and hoping Raw will distract me.

This is probably a vain hope, huh?

Owwwww. Hope you feel better soon at least.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blasmeister posted:

The guy who I always confuse with Chris Tucker.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm just hoping for JTG/3MB chants tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my god your description fit Kevin Hart's profile perfectly.

• Locked thread