Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
Just got back into the game now that I've got a new PS3, and, yeah. No. There's little more I would want in the world than a Tomcat with 007 numbering (other than maybe a real, demilitarized Su-34 to make a ridiculous jet transport that at best transports one person who is not piloting it), but gently caress nigh-exploitative requirements for it. Until they re-run Mercenary King or maybe a TDM event with AC Zero-related prizes, I'm not going to give much of a poo poo about events.

Ironically, I'd like to think I'm doing somewhat well on this one. I started nearly a week late but I'm already making my way up to the top 10,000 and not dropping very far when I'm away, even though I score worth poo poo outside of special raids, Moscow, or Pipeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm so happy to hear Kobayashi is doing the music again. :unsmith:

Interview with Famitsu. Hopefully someone can summarize it: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/17095217.html

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

It's been a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNoIxBpva54

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Insane Totoro posted:

Couldn't they just make it $20 per plane or something?

And I don't know, port this to PS4?

I have a sneaking suspicion that the people who get that plane will be spending more than $200 on fuel. And gently caress yes please post ACI to PS4. And sell a $60 unlimited fuel bundle. (Never gonna happen)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So will a seperate AC7 thread be made or is Ace Combat discussion too niche that it may as well stay here?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So will a seperate AC7 thread be made or is Ace Combat discussion too niche that it may as well stay here?

Information on the game is still scarce, so there might not be enough out there yet to warrant a whole thread.

On the other hand, today saw the first posts in this thread in almost a year, so...

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

F-15s shooting lasers and a loving Starfighter at 0:40. :swoon: I am so loving glad Strangereal is back.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'll probably make one soon enough. Next time we get some info probably.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'll probably make one soon enough. Next time we get some info probably.

I was gonna say at this point it would be either you or me :v:

Also, Hi Ace Combat thread. I just discovered you actually exist here!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

If anyone making a new thread wanted to use stuff from my old 2014 OP, let me know and I'll post it here.

EDIT: It's pretty outdated, so may as well start fresh.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Yessss

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

http://useatoday.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/ac3-e-ie-discs-22-h-e-v-e-n-n-d-e-r-t-h.html?m=1

Ace Combat 3 got a fantranslation so now folks can play a version of the game with the plot intact in English.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Oh poo poo awesome

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

http://useatoday.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/ac3-e-ie-discs-22-h-e-v-e-n-n-d-e-r-t-h.html?m=1

Ace Combat 3 got a fantranslation so now folks can play a version of the game with the plot intact in English.

Holy poo poo. Thanks for posting about this!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

One of the guests I had on for the Ace Combat 04 LP worked on the script revision for the final version of Project Nemo. It's cool to see it finally get a full release.

For those interested, Lunethex LP'd the partially competed version of the PN translation of Electrosphere last year as well.

Electrosphere has always been the Ace Combat game I've stubbornly ignored and denied ever existed, so it'll be neat to go through and play it and see if it actually stacks up to the proper Strangereal ACs.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

getting errors patching, guess i need to find the exact correct iso it wants

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

One of the guests I had on for the Ace Combat 04 LP worked on the script revision for the final version of Project Nemo. It's cool to see it finally get a full release.

For those interested, Lunethex LP'd the partially competed version of the PN translation of Electrosphere last year as well.

Electrosphere has always been the Ace Combat game I've stubbornly ignored and denied ever existed, so it'll be neat to go through and play it and see if it actually stacks up to the proper Strangereal ACs.

If nothing else, I think Ace Combat 3 makes a pretty good bookend with Ace Combat 0 given the motives of the main villains in both games and how 0 is the start of the chronology and 3 is (so far) the end of it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, yeah, Ace Combat 7 got a (briefly) extended trailer, a subtitle, and PC and Xbox One ports yesterday. That's probably something worth talking about, right?

Still no hard release date other than 2017, but the game's looking pretty drat close to being done, so it probably won't be later than August, but who knows?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Expecting November, honestly.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

nine-gear crow posted:

So, yeah, Ace Combat 7 got a (briefly) extended trailer, a subtitle, and PC and Xbox One ports yesterday. That's probably something worth talking about, right?

Still no hard release date other than 2017, but the game's looking pretty drat close to being done, so it probably won't be later than August, but who knows?

I'm glad they are leaning back into the near future sci-fi aesthetic again. I can't wait to play Ace Combat!

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Hace posted:

Expecting November, honestly.

Same here.

Levantine posted:

I'm glad they are leaning back into the near future sci-fi aesthetic again. I can't wait to play Ace Combat!

You can have it. I bailed on AC3 not because of the storyline (neutered as it was in the U.S. release) but because I had no interest in anime wonderjets or sci-fi upgrades to x-planes. I wanted to fly the same jets I watched at airshows as a kid.

I'm drooling over that F-104 though. The more 60's jets the better.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Does the game have a soundtrack like AH?
I crave some power metal again.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The less any game in the future has in common with Assault Horizon, the happier everyone involved will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The less any game in the future has in common with Assault Horizon, the happier everyone involved will be.

Every AC needs to end with a fistpump QTE :colbert:

• Locked thread