Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
That filter is something I expect to hear in a lovely Youtube comedy skit, not an AAA game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Xenoblade is not triple a, despite how it looks. It's close to the tier below Final fantasy, but ain't commanding the resources and money of a mgs5 or assassins creed.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

As far as voice direction goes though, it should still be up there. In any case that is apparently how they were voiced in the Japanese version and the rest of the voice cast is pretty solid, so it's evidently a (weird) creative choice rather than a budgetary issue

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Renoistic posted:

That filter is something I expect to hear in a lovely Youtube comedy skit, not an AAA game.

Ah yes, known Triple A franchise the Xeno series

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
nobody is buying the Wii-U even Nintendo gave up on making AAA games for it. They've just been releasing half finished crap that goads you into purchasing amiibos.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Are the data packs already up for download on the US store? They don't seem to be in the EU one.

They wont be until november 30th.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Taint Reaper posted:

nobody is buying the Wii-U even Nintendo gave up on making AAA games for it. They've just been releasing half finished crap that goads you into purchasing amiibos.

Ahem

But enough about your posts

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I would buy a Riki amiibo if it meant I could play as him in XCX.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Renoistic posted:

I watched the Giant Bomb video and what the hell were they thinking with those voices (at 52 minutes in)? Looks pretty cool otherwise but that voice left me speechless.

That voice pretty much going "oh nooo i broke my leeegs" while Super Racist Business Myan is trying to let him die is pretty great, imo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TurnipFritter posted:

I would buy a Riki amiibo if it meant I could play as him in XCX.

:yeah:

Also one last dumb question that my google is failing on. Are we locked into classes going down the line we pick or are we able to switch lines as time goes on?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

:yeah:

Also one last dumb question that my google is failing on. Are we locked into classes going down the line we pick or are we able to switch lines as time goes on?

You can switch classes whenever, the only limitation is that you have to master a class before moving further down its branch. So you're only "locked" into a class at the very beginning, because you have to master Drifter before moving on to Striker, Enforcer, or Commando.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You can also mix and match arts from any class you've earned, iirc.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Motto posted:

You can switch classes whenever, the only limitation is that you have to master a class before moving further down its branch. So you're only "locked" into a class at the very beginning, because you have to master Drifter before moving on to Striker, Enforcer, or Commando.

I've got a similar question, but about the Division choice, are you stuck with the one you chose at the beginning or can you switch between the eight?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Motto posted:

Good game design.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

You can use the Arts from classes you've mastered, but since they're weapon specific, you also need the ability to use those weapons. So if you're using an Assault Rifle art you learned as a Drifter (weapons: knife and assault rifle) on a Samurai Gun (weapons: sword and assault rifle), you're fine. But you can't use a knife based one, because you can't use knives as a Samurai Gun. But once you master Samurai Gun, you can equip swords and assault rifles as any class, so if you want to carry a sword and use Burning Blade as a Full Metal Jaguar, hey, have at it.

You can switch classes, Arts, and passive abilities pretty much whenever you want. I don't know if you can do it while you're in combat, but I don't think it'd be unreasonable for that to not work.

You can switch Division whenever you want at Blade HQ, but it costs in-game money. You have a bunch of different resources you can spend, but I am talking specifically about money you spend at stores, not Miranium or whatever. The more popular the Division you're switching into, the more you have to spend.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dunban posted:

Here's a video showing all the arts of each class at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF2YzesZiBo

e: woops, someone already posted this

What does it mean by base arts. Is that supposed to be as opposed to skell arts or what?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Eopia posted:

I've got a similar question, but about the Division choice, are you stuck with the one you chose at the beginning or can you switch between the eight?

The wiki says, yes, but for a fee. You can also get the benefits of other divisions by enlisting support from other players, which you can do by talking to the other created characters that'll be standing around in the world when playing online.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Motto posted:

The wiki says, yes, but for a fee. You can also get the benefits of other divisions by enlisting support from other players, which you can do by talking to the other created characters that'll be standing around in the world when playing online.

Glad to hear that you're not locked into early choices that you might regret later.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Sam Faust posted:

What does it mean by base arts. Is that supposed to be as opposed to skell arts or what?

you unlock more arts by ranking up in the class and apparently by doing affinity missions. the ones in the vid are available at rank 1.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I think it just means those are the arts that class has, as opposed to arts you've acquired from other classes. If you look closely, it lists the what rank you get each art at underneath the name.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
oh, didn't notice that. the video outright says you unlock more from affinity quests though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm seeing TV commercials for this game. :stare:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm seeing TV commercials for this game. :stare:

Good.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm sadder than I should be that the game called Xenoblade doesn't have a cool rear end sword

Not having played the game and knowing nothing about the story I'm assuming that BLADE is titular blade of this game. They call the Mira creatures "indigens" so I guess that what make the humans the xenos.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I've just hooked up my shiny new Xenoblade-playing machine, as there is literally nothing else in the Wii U library that interests me apparently, and on the estore I can't see a way to buy or preload the game or whatever, just to put it on a watch list. Is that normal or am I missing something?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Vitamin P posted:

I've just hooked up my shiny new Xenoblade-playing machine, as there is literally nothing else in the Wii U library that interests me apparently, and on the estore I can't see a way to buy or preload the game or whatever, just to put it on a watch list. Is that normal or am I missing something?

please buy splatoon.

also yes there should be an option to preload it.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

MechaCrash posted:

You can use the Arts from classes you've mastered, but since they're weapon specific, you also need the ability to use those weapons. So if you're using an Assault Rifle art you learned as a Drifter (weapons: knife and assault rifle) on a Samurai Gun (weapons: sword and assault rifle), you're fine. But you can't use a knife based one, because you can't use knives as a Samurai Gun. But once you master Samurai Gun, you can equip swords and assault rifles as any class, so if you want to carry a sword and use Burning Blade as a Full Metal Jaguar, hey, have at it.

Dual guns and Duelist sword is supposedly a good combo that lets you solo end game enemies since it gives you access to both ghost walk and blossom dance.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

If you're in the UK, you can't do poo poo till tomorrow apparently.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If you're in the UK, you can't do poo poo till tomorrow apparently.

Aw okay that must be it, I'll stop fretting then. Ta.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

5 more days. :dance:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sam Faust posted:

5 more days. :dance:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Does this game have silly names for unique enemies like Magnanimous Gonzalez or Thundering Bartleby like Xenoblade did? I think that's the most important question.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Moon Monster posted:

Does this game have silly names for unique enemies like Magnanimous Gonzalez or Thundering Bartleby like Xenoblade did? I think that's the most important question.

I haven't seen a lot of the tyrant's names but now they seem to be structured as (name), the (adjective). Like I saw one that was Diogenes, the Covetous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I'm closing this thread so we can start fresh for release on Friday.

New thread is here - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753771

• Locked thread