Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Just admit it, you played a moba.

Maybe you weren't spergy enough to play the original DoTA, maybe you're a casual and play Heroes of Newerth. Or maybe you've logged a couple of hours in League of Legends. Whatever it may be, you've realized the error in your ways and you want to reform.

Welcome to the MOBA Refugee Zone ™.

This thread is for all those lost hours you'll never get back. It's about the lovely communities that always show up. It's about bronies and how they're horrible people.

Anyway, I just wanna mention that MOBAs have almost become the new WoW. It seems like every Tom, Dick, and Larry wants to make a drat moba these days. Even Valve made a moba for some reason. I thought they liked their customers, but apparently not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

is there anyone out there who still doesn't understand what playing mobas does? okay, last time.

this is your brain

this is mobas

this is your brain on mobas

any questions?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I haven't just played "a moba." I have played all the mobas. I don't value my time enough, I think.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr. Pumroy posted:

any questions?

Can I have some bacon too?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I haven't just played "a moba." I have played all the mobas. I don't value my time enough, I think.

next thing your gonna tell us is that you bought this skin in league of legends

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

LaTex Fetish posted:

We all have to draw the line somewhere.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

good for you. welcome to the MOBA Refugee Zone. I hope you don't fall prey to their promisses of fun and cooperation

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

LaTex Fetish posted:

haha yeah what sort of idiot would buy that skin *tugs nervously at collar and sweats*

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

hey I know how you feel buddy. We were all there once. Welcome to the MOBA Refugee Zone and don't feel bad about it

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
do we get sobriety tokens for however many days it has been since we last played a moba? I think a physical representation of my struggle would really help tia

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

your free time can be a token now that you've most likely explored past the moba that haunted your mind and your computer

your wallet can also be a token since now you will not waste money on digital pixel which make your characters "pretty"

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i left league of legends

but peer pressure got me into dota 2 and i can't quit. i just get in the zone and own dudes and it is so nice.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

LaTex Fetish posted:

your free time can be a token now that you've most likely explored past the moba that haunted your mind and your computer

your wallet can also be a token since now you will not waste money on digital pixel which make your characters "pretty"

this is coming from a guy who plays magic the gathering

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Scyther posted:

this is coming from a guy who plays magic the gathering

I went to magic because I couldn't handle being called a "feeder".

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

I can quit anytime I want.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

BigLeafyTree posted:

I can quit anytime I want.

Same.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

lol no u can't you're in it up to your neck you're hooked m8. not me tho.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

BigLeafyTree posted:

lol no u can't you're in it up to your neck you're hooked m8. not me tho.

You'll see. I can quit. I just don't want to.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I've never played a moba seriously but I dabbled in aeon of strife during my period where I played ums maps endlessly.

It'd be rad as gently caress if MvM had moba mode.

My girlfriend wants to play one should she play dota lol or one of the even worse ones?

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 13, 2014

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i went cold turkey for 4 months, then came back to dotes

send help

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SeXReX posted:

I've never played a moba seriously but I dabbled in aeon of strife during my period where I played ums maps endlessly.

My girlfriend wants to play one should she play dota lol or one of the even worse ones?

dota

league is good if you want to learn baby fundamentals and want crutches

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

SeXReX posted:

please don't do this to yourself. We're here to help and we want to make you a better person.

But first you've got to want to be a better person

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
If you put her onto the worst one you'll either get her out of mobas real quick or realize she has bad taste so there's that angle

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if she's not white get her to mention it in a HoN game with the CEO ingame

that'll do it

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I enjoy Awesomenauts because it doesn't have the same garbage RTS controls most other MOBAs do

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

SeXReX posted:

server

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Well I'm convinced. Quitting all forms of video games for a month then see where I'm at. Later nerds.

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 13, 2014

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

BigLeafyTree posted:

Well I'm convinced. Quitting all forms of video games for a month then see where I'm at. Later nerds.

Godspeed

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

BigLeafyTree posted:

Oh man you're gonna be getting laid constantly man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I loving hate DOTA. Totally destroyed the WC3 custom maps scene. Good luck trying to find a game of Footmen Frenzy.

• Locked thread