Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

No seriously, why did she need to suicide bomb the power source when the volm were there with guns to just shoot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kingcom posted:

No seriously, why did she need to suicide bomb the power source when the volm were there with guns to just shoot it.

Well, as shown later on when they can't find a space ship near the moon, the Volm have no fricken clue what to do in space, they get confused and distracted easily.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

kingcom posted:

She doesn't have the Force to guide her, silly.

Waverider
Oct 26, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

She doesn't have the Force to guide her, silly.

And the Moon's gravity isn't strong enough (wtf??). Nevermind that the first power she learned was to reverse the force holding atoms together to vaporize a tree and then the overlord. Why that wouldn't also work on the power core.....?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Waverider posted:

And the Moon's gravity isn't strong enough (wtf??). Nevermind that the first power she learned was to reverse the force holding atoms together to vaporize a tree and then the overlord. Why that wouldn't also work on the power core.....?

So like is the end goal to take her to jupiter so she can just crush planets with her mind. I don't get it.

AxeManiac posted:

Well, as shown later on when they can't find a space ship near the moon, the Volm have no fricken clue what to do in space, they get confused and distracted easily.

Also I choose to believe the Volm are just the last civilisation the Space British invaded but then failed to wipe out and are as retarded as the humans just futzing around the galaxy thinking their space american values are what is keeping them going rather than poo poo writers.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Hezzy posted:

That would be amazing. Some of the overlords and skitters survive but now all of their equipment doesn't work. Without the mechs they're at a significant disadvantage to the veteran human forces who are now equipped with Volm weaponry. Having beaten the Eschveni forces into their very last bases, Humanity launches a final assault. Which consists of Pope gunning everything the gently caress down with a 50cal mounted on the back of a truck.

If this happens, I'll take back everything I've ever said or thought about this show.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I just caught up on the last bunch of episodes but I'm ready to complain. A few things I never saw mentioned.

The thing that really got me was how that annoying cultist girl got killed, and everyone was super sad about it. Like I know it makes sense in the context of the show, but there couldn't have been a single person watching that felt bad about her death.

At one point they used that He-man youtube song as background music (this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4)

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Waverider posted:

I don't think anyone on the show took high school physics cause I thought I remembered the alien told her to use gravity to destroy the tree.

Tonight's gonna be weird with nothing to hate watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Strain is way better than this show, but you can try to hate watch it.

• Locked thread