Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Did anyone ever call them? I found my old copy of KOTOR that had an ad for the LucasArts hotline. I wondered why in 2004 anyone would want to pay $1.99 a minute. I never called those hotlines when I was younger either, I just lived with being stuck. I could only imagine the socially awkward heavy breathers on the other end trying to help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
just ask in a newsgroup or buy a guide at borders

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Imagine if they made an online service where when you get stuck on a section you could have someone remotely play the game for you.

That would be so amazingly terrible.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I just called other nerds

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Mr Tastee posted:

Imagine if they made an online service where when you get stuck on a section you could have someone remotely play the game for you.

That would be so amazingly terrible.

"Xbox help me!" *kinect connects you to an xbox live game coach*

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i did once for ff8 because i lost a triple triad card

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
sorry mom

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i was just really good at video games. like, scary good. like that autistic kid in the wizard.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Are there still certified Nintendo repairers?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Hobbies: Medical Research

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
im hans lo

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i finish ninja gaiden withou tlooking at the screen

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

please change my name to game play counselor and my avatar to that pic of mike frazier w/ text below that reads "hobbies: medical research, highest game score: finished kid kool in 1 hour 48 minutes"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

also calling bullshit on ed ridgeway, first of all that name i mean yeah right second of all nobody ever loving beat castlequest

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

People are apparently using Amazon's Mayday button to get gaming help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

I'm a game counselor who enjoys nuclear engineering in my free time. I have a record speedrun time for Sonic 3!

Widestancer posted:

People are apparently using Amazon's Mayday button to get gaming help

"We sell a Prima guide for this game, would you like to buy it?"

• Locked thread