Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

i played thousands of hours of maplestory in my teens and to this day i'll start it up 1-2 times a year and play for like a week before once again realizing the magic is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I prefer God of War to Bayonetta or Emo May Cry.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

DLTN posted:

i played thousands of hours of maplestory in my teens and to this day i'll start it up 1-2 times a year and play for like a week before once again realizing the magic is gone

This, but Runescape.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

This, but Runescape.

i used to do it with runescape too but then one day i made a new character only to be transported to some random-rear end town full of people instead of lumbridge and i'm like "im not going to waste time learning anything new about this game" and said gently caress it

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i really liked the 32x and thought it was a weird but cool thing with some cool games

also the best port of virtua racing

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

DLTN posted:

i used to do it with runescape too but then one day i made a new character only to be transported to some random-rear end town full of people instead of lumbridge and i'm like "im not going to waste time learning anything new about this game" and said gently caress it

haha look at this rear end in a top hat who don't even recognize taverly when he sees it. some :rsfan: you are.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

This, but Runescape.

Some things are too embarrassing to confess hth

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Some things are too embarrassing to confess hth

No shame in growing up poor/cheap parents/on a dialup connection man

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
I've never been past world 1-4 in SMB3, but have beaten all of the genesis sonic games. I also can't play Legend of Zelda or Metroid games because I have no sense of direction.

Autoexec.bat fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 14, 2014

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

Maybe you don't have a sense of direction because you didn't spend hours and hours on games like that as a child? On a related note, my gaming confession is that I believe playing video games during my formative years gave me a good sense of direction. Oh and I bought XCOM: The Bureau for full price and played it for 20 minutes and then was sad about my choices in life.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I like playing bad mmos.

Also, every 6 month or so I get an urge to play Darklands. Then I either start with a group of 14 year old nobodies and not get anywhere before quitting, or make a bunch of characters to take their stuff and quit within 5 minutes of starting for real.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I sometimes get on my boyfriend's gaming voice chats to gently caress with people; when a lobby full of dude bros playing Battlefield or whatever is talking about how they just raped another team it's fun to pipe up and go "HEY GUYS RAPE ISN'T FUNNY" and then after the vent/skype.mumble goes silent for a minute just go "nah I'm kidding gently caress those guys"

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Widestancer posted:

I sometimes get on my boyfriend's gaming voice chats to gently caress with people; when a lobby full of dude bros playing Battlefield or whatever is talking about how they just raped another team it's fun to pipe up and go "HEY GUYS RAPE ISN'T FUNNY" and then after the vent/skype.mumble goes silent for a minute just go "nah I'm kidding gently caress those guys"

I do this too except I just pretend to be a girl

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I loved Everquest so much, even though it was too tough for me to even get past level 32.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
That reminds me I played tibia for like a year, I have no clue why I thought playing it so long was a good idea.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
I still have a working copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64.

It's a collector's item on eBay apparently.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i have played through and beaten deathtrap dungeon. one of the darkest periods of my life

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Poonerman posted:

i have played through and beaten deathtrap dungeon. one of the darkest periods of my life

the only thing I remember about this game is that it was the game that sent my mom over the edge that m-rated games were literally the devil

My bro and i didn't even play the game as much as use the level cheat to skip to the end, so I dunno what all the fuss was about other than having a skull on the cover

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Poonerman posted:

every time i see this on steam i kind of want to get it because it looks like a special kind of early-psone-era bad i can appreciate

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mung Dynasty posted:

every time i see this on steam i kind of want to get it because it looks like a special kind of early-psone-era bad i can appreciate

i remember the ads for that game.

ads in games were so cool back then

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Frank Horrigan posted:

I do this too except I just pretend to be a girl

same but so I can get free poo poo and games bought for me

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I will probably buy fifa 15

surc
Aug 17, 2004

The RPG stuff in early Mario sports bores me to tears, I just wanna play all the N64-to-current mario sports games with my friends all the time.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Action Tortoise posted:

i remember the ads for that game.

ads in games were so cool back then

possibly the biggest tragedy of print gaming magazines dying is that future generations will not be able to reminisce on the internet over poo poo like the "fear effect: retro helix" ads

dude. lesbians.

gaming confession: I have been a lifelong Nintendo gamer and the only Mario Kart games I've owned/played are DS and 8.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

I have been a lifelong Nintendo gamer and the only Mario Kart games I've owned/played are DS and 8.

Do you own an N64? I will for real buy you a copy of Mario Kart 64 if you will play it with 3 friends. This is just tragic.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

surc posted:

Do you own an N64? I will for real buy you a copy of Mario Kart 64 if you will play it with 3 friends. This is just tragic.

I do, but you're also going to have to provide me with 4 mint condition N64 controllers because those sticks are just garbage at this point.

I should also say that I have played MK64 but never in a substantial way. Store demos, maybe battle mode with friends one time.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

JethroMcB posted:

I do, but you're also going to have to provide me with 4 mint condition N64 controllers because those sticks are just garbage at this point.

They can be replaced easily for cheap with replacement parts you can find online

surc
Aug 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJmSQjONRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkAv07lRdhM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Foxhound posted:

I prefer God of War to Bayonetta or Emo May Cry.

i fuckin love God of War i bought a psp so i could play chains of olympus (and later bought the ps3 re-master) and i bought the pandoras box edition of 3 and if a new God of War game comes out on another console i will buy that console to play God of War

• Locked thread