Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Just wanted to clear up any misconceptions about the new European Trucking game SPINTIRES. SPINTIRES is really good. Thank you for your continued support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bump.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

is it worth $30?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Famous TV Dad posted:

is it worth $30?

No, at most it's worth maybe 10. It has less truck selections than Eurotruck(you have only like 8 or so at most) and the big draw is the physics which are really well done, but you only get one area to drive around in and once you've discovered everything the place is actually quite small.

Granted the terrain changes from the different zones in the one area and all of it can be destroyed/changed in some way or another, but it feels more or less like a tech demo than a full game.

A wider variety of vehicles and areas would have been better and better objectives too. Mind you, you have to manage fuel and vehicle resources because if you waste all your fuel you gotta go get a fuel truck to refill you, and if the fuel truck dies or gets stuck you're poo poo outa luck.

Also towing is pretty much the same hassle if you get your car really stuck or destroyed. However there's no Motorstorm type explosions or anything the car just stops and shows some canned damage. Also the Camera is garbage and you can't get a front view or anything, also you can't leave your vehicle to walk around the world like in GTA or Saint's Row.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 20, 2014

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

No, at most it's worth maybe 10. It has less truck selections than Eurotruck(you have only like 8 or so at most) and the big draw is the physics which are really well done, but you only get one area to drive around in and once you've discovered everything the place is actually quite small.

Granted the terrain changes from the different zones in the one area and all of it can be destroyed/changed in some way or another, but it feels more or less like a tech demo than a full game.

A wider variety of vehicles and areas would have been better and better objectives too. Mind you, you have to manage fuel and vehicle resources because if you waste all your fuel you gotta go get a fuel truck to refill you, and if the fuel truck dies or gets stuck you're poo poo outa luck.

Also towing is pretty much the same hassle if you get your car really stuck or destroyed. However there's no Motorstorm type explosions or anything the car just stops and shows some canned damage. Also the Camera is garbage and you can't get a front view or anything, also you can't leave your vehicle to walk around the world like in GTA or Saint's Row.

It was fun with a controller but I couldn't figure out how to get into 2nd gear so I kept dying.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pewdiepie posted:

It was fun with a controller but I couldn't figure out how to get into 2nd gear so I kept dying.

People put in monster truck mods and that at least made the game takeoff at a somewhat quicker pace and less micromanaging. However Monster Trucks tend to spawn with their wheels under the ground already in many locations.

I honestly want to like this game but it's not quite there yet.

I thought the tank mods would be fun, but you can't fire rounds to blow up trees or cut paths. The guns just don't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

People put in monster truck mods and that at least made the game takeoff at a somewhat quicker pace and less micromanaging. However Monster Trucks tend to spawn with their wheels under the ground already in many locations.

I honestly want to like this game but it's not quite there yet.

I thought the tank mods would be fun, but you can't fire rounds to blow up trees or cut paths. The guns just don't work.

Im gonna play some crazy mods.

• Locked thread